• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

An exercise in frustration...

Kirthag

Former Stratics Publisher
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Placing a message board on a west wall facing east.... like a message board SHOULD be placed.. hanging on the WALL... not sitting on the (*&^# floor!

when did this get "broken"??? I used to put message boards on the WALL inside of my buildings all the time... but this is.... AUGH!

S

Salya Sin

You know... I see them outside Keep/Castles all the time but when I went to place mine... I ran into the same issue. I ended up just putting it inside.

Although... did you try placing it... locking it down... and then using the house decorator tool to raise it?

Sir Kelek

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just turn circle of transparency on to place boards on west wall. Takes a try or two, but it works better.

Kirthag

Former Stratics Publisher
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
@ Slaya - the house tool won't affect the message board.

@ Kelek - yeppers, do that with anything I want on the walls - including my paintings (or they just don't go on the wall right).

I finally got it on my wall... but NOT where I want it. I can only think of two reasons why it wouldn't go where I want it...

1-within 5 tiles of the front door (strange, the wall map is RIGHT THERE by the door...)
OR
2-there is a roof directly over that portion of the room

(this is a custom house, not a pre-fab - maybe the roofing tiles are greedy with wall space below them - dunno)

I'm too lazy to rip out my roof for a *&^% message board.

Of note:
Used to be able to have things locked down on the floor in front of the message board (like a table with a rune on it) - cannot do that anymore either. Side, yes... above and below... no.