• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Amnesty Date?

G

I keep getting asked in game "When will we see amnesty?". My answer so far has been that the deadline for reactivating an account to get it is March 8th, so I *guess* its sometime around then, but I wonder if anybody has seen an actual date. I've not been to the Community Pub in TC3 yet to ask, so I thought I'd ask here, since I'm in TC3 now and that's where I'm getting asked LOL.

Also, a side issue but related, I'm also getting asked alot about skill lots. There was a chart here on Stratics that showed if you were x days old you'd be entitled to x locks. Since locks are going to be determined by account age, then the same would apply, but I cannot find the chart....can anybody help?

G

<blockquote><hr>

There was a chart here on Stratics that showed if you were x days old you'd be entitled to x locks. Since locks are going to be determined by account age, then the same would apply, but I cannot find the chart....can anybody help?

[/ QUOTE ]

You mean this one? Needs updating though, it only goes up to 68 locks.

G

Who needs a chart when you have 4th grade math?

Divide the age in days by 21, drop the decimal, and add 20. That's how many locks you should have.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

There was a chart here on Stratics that showed if you were x days old you'd be entitled to x locks. Since locks are going to be determined by account age, then the same would apply, but I cannot find the chart....can anybody help?

[/ QUOTE ]

You mean this one? Needs updating though, it only goes up to 68 locks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep thanks AJ

And Milton yes I can add, subtract and divide, but many people are not good at math, so I was asking for their benefit so I had something that gave them the chart.

I

imported_Danny Dots

I know, its March, woot. I've been waiting for this month since i signed up again! I wanted to know what the date would be too.

One a different note...
I reactivated my other account too a few weeks ago and the entitlement age is wrong, i had it a few years back for a while but it only says its as old as since i reactivated it

G

<blockquote><hr>

One a different note...
I reactivated my other account too a few weeks ago and the entitlement age is wrong, i had it a few years back for a while but it only says its as old as since i reactivated it

[/ QUOTE ]

I've heard a couple reports of that too. I told them they should report it on the Wiki bug boards, to which I got some of the most interesting replies LOL. Since you do know what the bug board is, that might be a good idea for you on behalf of yourself and those it's happening to.

D

Dogsoffour

People who can't divide by 21 and add 20 don't deserve to know when their next skill lock is coming

G

<blockquote><hr>

People who can't divide by 21 and add 20 don't deserve to know when their next skill lock is coming

[/ QUOTE ]

That's my attitude when I'm having a crappy day....what can I say, its a good day so I'm attempting to be as helpful as I can LOL. Now if it was 20 people asking instead of a couple or a few, yeah that might get kinda old, but so far, that hasn't been the case.

Wondering if something's in the food to cause dissention and sarcasm today though..geez

I

imported_Danny Dots

thats why its a surprise for me, lol

i hate math.

I'm going to report it as a bug.

C

Carter'

A quick question does this chart right here http://sims.stratics.com/content/gameplay/needtoknow/skills/lockchart.php
Add the 20 locks that you automaticlly get?Or are these just the locks from day on to your entitlement....Example i have 750+ entitlement days say i should get 57 locks would that be 57 + 20 = 77 or is that 57 all together?

P.S. Also will we be getting days back?-&gt; Anyone have a list of the gifts that where givin out and on what days (or totaled days) the sims get or (got) them just wondering what im going to be gettting back i have 748 entitlement days

Thanks
-Carter \/\/\/\/\/\/ DOWN to sig

G

<blockquote><hr>

A quick question does this chart right here http://sims.stratics.com/content/gameplay/needtoknow/skills/lockchart.php
Add the 20 locks that you automaticlly get?Or are these just the locks from day on to your entitlement....Example i have 750+ entitlement days say i should get 57 locks would that be 57 + 20 = 77 or is that 57 all together?

P.S. Also will we be getting days back?-&gt; Anyone have a list of the gifts that where givin out and on what days (or totaled days) the sims get or (got) them just wondering what im going to be gettting back i have 748 entitlement days

Thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes it adds those locks, cuz if you see on day 1 you have 10 locks, but on day 2 you have 20, which would be the 20 locks you start with. Why there's that one maintenance delay between the 10 and 20 I haven't quite figured out yet.

OT: but WOOT with 50 locks I don't think I'll know how to act. I plan on trying to tap out the waitress job, so I know I'll get at least 10 charisma...I don't think the other 10 locks count in the job tracks if I remember correctly, anyway.....or am I wrong?

G

<blockquote><hr>

Thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

That's just over 2 years, so you should get the 1st and 2nd year anniversary gifts, and the number of locks you see on the chart for 748 days, or however many days you have by the time the actual date of giving rolls around

K

knotter02

ok i feel really stupid for asking this question. but what is amnesty?

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Amnesty is the program that allowed players that used to play the game but let their account lapse for whatever reason, come back and receive the gifts and skill locks that that account is due based on the entitlement days listed on your sim profile screen. If you're a brand new player, or on a brand new account, then amnesty wont affect you as much, but like if you have more than 365 entitlement days listed you will get your 1st anniversary gift, and the number of skill locks listed on the chart that was given above, or if you have 2 years (730 days?) then you'd get the 1 year and 2 year gifts, plus the skill locks......etc. up to the 3rd year gift, since the 4th and 5th year gifts have not been issued to anybody yet

K

knotter02

oh sweet thanx for letting me know. i didnt know that i had a name lol

C

Carter'

When do 4th year gifts come out sometime soon or no ? lol wonderingwhat is it?

G

supposedly its a plaque that says something about bing 4 years old or to that effect, nothing all that special or to be uber excited about.

D

DGLita

An awful thought has just dawned on me, one of my sims I play most has 103 skill locks and is 1759 days old, but the account is entitled for 1500 days, which will be due to times the account has lapsed when ive not been playing.

So after the amnesty, her skill locks are then likely to drop from 103 to 92. It will be a bummer if this happens but it will represent what I have actually paid for, although it would be nice to keep the 103 locks.

However, I can see this happening to other players too, and I can already hear the outraged cries!

G

<blockquote><hr>

An awful thought has just dawned on me, one of my sims I play most has 103 skill locks and is 1759 days old, but the account is entitled for 1500 days, which will be due to times the account has lapsed when ive not been playing.

So after the amnesty, her skill locks are then likely to drop from 103 to 92. It will be a bummer if this happens but it will represent what I have actually paid for, although it would be nice to keep the 103 locks.

However, I can see this happening to other players too, and I can already hear the outraged cries!

[/ QUOTE ]
It's already been said that nobody will lose locks.

D

DGLita

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yayy!!! I keep my locks!

I

imported_Claudia MacCloud

So you get your locks for the acct, and gifts...... thats awesome... but a quick question ..

What if you have some gifts already on the acct.... for ex

I aquired some trees, fires and statues.... but all in all , they have nothing to do w/ my acct.... Do they still give you what your sim is entited to?

And is this for each sim on the acct? or your oldest sim on the acct?

For whom ever answeres ... would you be so kind to forward the answer of to my email... I dont know when the next time ill get a chance to read the updated answer..... [email protected] .... I would appreciated it

G

I think you would still get ALL gifts and rares associated with YOUR account. So in other words make some room!!

G

Gaby

I have a question...

ok, my sim on my oldest acct was a lil over 1300 days old...i quit playing for 2 months (was moving to a different state,new bank info..etc...) and when i subscribed again...all my sims were gone! well i created new sims and thier entitlements are only 601 days...is this right? Did I lose out completely or will they fix it for the actual age of the acct?

G

Did you ever have lapses of payment other than the 2 months?

G

Gaby

<blockquote><hr>

Did you ever have lapses of payment other than the 2 months?

[/ QUOTE ]

no, just that time.

G

Weird. You should probably ask a dev about it sometime in City Hall or the Community Pub.

M

master_of_none

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Amnesty is the program that allowed players that used to play the game but let their account lapse for whatever reason, come back and receive the gifts and skill locks that that account is due based on the entitlement days listed on your sim profile screen. If you're a brand new player, or on a brand new account, then amnesty wont affect you as much, but like if you have more than 365 entitlement days listed you will get your 1st anniversary gift, and the number of skill locks listed on the chart that was given above, or if you have 2 years (730 days?) then you'd get the 1 year and 2 year gifts, plus the skill locks......etc. up to the 3rd year gift, since the 4th and 5th year gifts have not been issued to anybody yet

[/ QUOTE ]

Now what would really be awesome if they added a splash of... more objects enabled per intitled days on your lot.. rather then our newborns starting at that what.. 100-103 object limits

I

imported_Gracie Nito

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

My next lock is always a surprise.

I just love surprises!

S

Sims2

so if your sim does now have around 365 days will no get any skills locks or gifts

etc right? have around 230 days it says entitled for just wondering. thanks

G

From my understanding you will receive the skill locks up to 230 days. Plus, in about 4 months you will receive your 1 year anniversary gift.

N

Nick6212

so if u already have gift items in your inventory...do u get a second one?

M

mameloot

OK...my turn for a stupid question.
I was a charter member who opened my account as soon as the game came out of beta.

I played for about a year, then let it lapse.

I just came back in January

Am I only entitled to the days for which I paid (the first year)? Not all the time in between? Don't really expect the down time to count ... But just makin sure

Also, am I entitled to be called a founder since I was a charter member. Or is that only for beta testers? I'm not really expecting this since I was gone all that time...but hey, you never know until you ask

And lastly...are all of your sims on an account "entitled" or only the oldes in EA-Land? I only have two and one's stuck in BF. I may have to add some new ones to fill up my slots before the 8th

Thanks
mame

I

imported_DutchAmerica

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

My next lock is always a surprise.

I just love surprises!

[/ QUOTE ]

YAY, I do too.

I don't even look anymore, it's just like look day one day and "YAY" I have another lock....

So I guess with amnesty, my youngins that are victims of 'recreating' will get a sudden age boost? YAY again!!

I don't know about anyone else, but it's feeling a lot like Christmas....new city, lava lamps, and now locks/age, and more still to come!!!

G

<blockquote><hr>

Any news on when amnesty begins?

[/ QUOTE ]

The best answer is we'll know when it gets here LOL. The e-mail said 'the end of March, so I'm guessing at least another couple weeks, maybe a little longer, but either way it'll be here before we know it

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't recall having read this, can you link to the post that says it? If they are going to make the locks count by account age rather than entitlement from here forth, then it wouldn't be fair to have it be based on sim age, because the only way a sim can be older than the entitlement days is if, as Gilly put it once, a person plays the '89 day sim chicken game'. Many BV members got burned doing this, and didn't complain when it hapened *because* we knew that's a risk we took playing chicken, but to turn around and reward other sims for doing it is wrong, IMO.

G

<blockquote><hr>

so if u already have gift items in your inventory...do u get a second one?

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes

G

I posted the whole convo in the original amnesty thread.

What Greg was talking about when he said, "I do not know how they could get them back.", was returning players that had their sims deleted. Meaning, the sims in game now that let their accounts lapse a month or 2 at a time would not lose what they currently have. I agree with this. It would be wrong to take anything away from anyone @ this point. When we have been told we would only lose simoleans.

Returning players that have had their sims deleted due to lapses in payment would get their entitlement locks.

G

Was your sim homeless? I have lost sims in 2 mos if they are homeless.

G

<blockquote><hr>

And lastly...are all of your sims on an account "entitled" or only the oldes in EA-Land? I only have two and one's stuck in BF. I may have to add some new ones to fill up my slots before the 8th

[/ QUOTE ]

As you can see it was not the 8th. The original E-Mail said returning players by March 08, would receive amnesty. We will receive amnesty after all the cities are merged.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I posted the whole convo in the original amnesty thread.

What Greg was talking about when he said, "I do not know how they could get them back.", was returning players that had their sims deleted. Meaning, the sims in game now that let their accounts lapse a month or 2 at a time would not lose what they currently have. I agree with this. It would be wrong to take anything away from anyone @ this point. When we have been we would only lose simoleans.

Returning players that have had their sims deleted due to lapses in payment would get their entitlement locks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes but many players had old sims deleted when they *hadn't* lapsed in what was supposed to be that amount of time, and even if they didn't get the sims taken away locks are supposed to be based on entitlement days, which is *paid* time. Basically those sims that played chicken are getting things that they are not entitled to under the new system, because of a loophole. You say that taking away things that sims had isn't fair, but nor is putting a new set of rules in place, and then allowing sims who don't qualify for things under the new set of rules to have them anyway based on a 'grandfather' clause, when they WEREN'T HERE to be grandfathered in. They left those accounts unpaid for. If there are consequences for making that choice for some, then those same consequences should apply. If those sims had been paying all along, then I'd have no problem with grandfathering them in to something, but they didn't do anything to deserve being grandfathered in....they left, thereby cheating EA out of that money that they would have gotten in subscription fees while they were gone, yet EA wants to reward them for that just because they weren't a 'chronic re-creator' or didnt' stay gone the 90 days that it usually takes for DADDI to delete sims, but give no compensation to those sims that were screwed out of sims that were that age or *older* and said nothing about it because they take on that responsibility themselves? I always thought assuming personal responsibility was a good thing....but in this situation it feels like we're being punished for it

G

ROFL Maybe they can transfer the locks from my younger accounts. Then I could close them. And stop screwing them. If not, I promise to use vaseline.

I

imported_Danny Dots

<blockquote><hr>

Any news on when amnesty begins?

[/ QUOTE ]

Lee said once all the cities are merged we should get them.

G

<blockquote><hr>

ROFL Maybe they can transfer the locks from my younger accounts. Then I could close them. And stop screwing them. If not, I promise to use vaseline.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am not a chronic complainer....I pick my battles wisely and only complain when I *truly* feel an injustice is being done, which is why I said nothing when I first realized why I'd lost the sims I lost....until now, since they are rewarding other sims for playing the same game I played and getting away with it, whereas that same game of chicken resulted in getting hit by a bus for those of us that lost sims. To that end, I don't appreciate feeling like you think there's nothing to complain about, or that my characterization of cheating EA out of subscription fees is not screwing them out of those fees. Yeah, I cancelled that one account for a while, and I paid for it by losing those sims and therefore all the locks that they *already had*.....which is fine, I can take my lumps just like everybody else, as long as the same rules that screwed me also applied to everybody else. It doesn't feel like they did or do, here.

G

<blockquote><hr>

as long as the same rules that screwed me also applied to everybody else. It doesn't feel like they did or do, here.

[/ QUOTE ]

No matter what it "feels" like to you. I played by the rules.

I don't appreciate you calling me a cheater!

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

as long as the same rules that screwed me also applied to everybody else. It doesn't feel like they did or do, here.

[/ QUOTE ]

No matter what it "feels" like to you. I played by the rules.

I don't appreciate you calling me a cheater!

[/ QUOTE ]

I had to re-read my post twice to figure out wtf you got the idea I was calling you a cheater, since when I think of that I think of botters and the like. I said people, including MYSELF btw, who played the sim version of 'chicken' doing the 89 day reactivation thing, were cheating EA out of the subscription fees....that's not quite the same as calling somebody a cheater, IMO unless you want to get purely into semantics. Besides, as I said I am putting myself into that category as I readily admit, so if I am calling you a cheater I am calling myself one too......the difference is some people are getting away with that cheating and therefore being rewarded for it, and others are not (I have no idea whether you are, or whether you are like me and are getting the short end of the stick proverbially speaking, but facts are facts). I don't particularly like coming to the realization that I screwed up royally, either.

G

<blockquote><hr>

the difference is some people are getting away with that cheating and therefore being rewarded for it, and others are not

[/ QUOTE ]

That really helps. idc if you want to call yourself a cheater or not. I still don't like being called one.
Everyone that played in BV and escaped DADI for so long must be cheating too (your reasoning). If we all delete all our old sims from there with their locks. Would that clear our names? LMAO I think it is a nice bonus to be able to keep those sims the way they are and be able to keep their locks. I don't see why anyone should be made to feel like they are cheaters or are screwing the system when they played by TSO TOS.

Some people will benefit from the gift amnesty and others wont. That is not fair either.

For the record, I was against both of these. Who is screwing who if we follow the rules and are told we will not lose anything. Then they take our existing locks from us? I would rather keep it like it is. But we can't do that now can we?

Luc has promised returning players they would receive this. Some of them may have only been gone a month or 2. You honestly think they should remove what locks they have aquired minus paid time? That seems like a punch in the gut. If they could give it to all they would. However some sims were lost. So that makes the rest of us "cheaters". I am done discussing this now. Not happy.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Everyone that played in BV and escaped DADI for so long must be cheating too (your reasoning).

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, that in particular is why I put myself in that category. Playing 'chicken' or 'russian roulette' as it were cost me my BV sims, all of which were way older than my entitlement days, but I'd happily give up the locks that were on those sims that they were not entitled to based on entitlement days, if it meant I could have those sims back since they were already somewhat skilled up, and I liked the look of the sims themselves. I can recreate them in TC3 if I wish, and will get those locks if I do so, which is why I didn't make a big deal out of it. But when I see other sims being rewarded basically for lucking out by being able to keep the skill locks that exceed their entitlement age, yeah it kinda gets stuck in the throat like a chicken bone, and this coming from someone who as most of you can see rarely complains when other people are 'up in arms'. That ability to pick my battles to me justifies my expressing dissatisfaction when something isn't fair like this.