• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Ammo farming

R

Robthemilt

Ok, i know some people may not want to give this info up, BUT PLEASE if you know of a good way to farm Bolts from a monster let me know. Arrows are easy, but i can't find a good way to do it with bolts.

T

Trukx

Changlings give 25 bolts and 35 arrows a pop. If you can kill them before they morph, they are easy to take down.

If you have a lockpicker---i get get around 700/day in about a half hours worth of check picking. A lot of them give 10 bolts per.

C

Connor_Graham

Meer Captains drop bolts. You have to work your karma back up after killing them, but they're much easier than Changelings. Other than these 2, there are no other creatures that I know of to get bolts from.

ZippyTwitch

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The problem I see here is the fact that you actually want to farm arrows/bolts from monsters. Kill birds and pluck their feather and make your own arrows/bolts. Farming them from monsters would be the slowest possible way to farm bow ammo.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
not true i can farm arrows very fast faster than running around killing things for feathers then go lumberjack for logs then combine it all together. for bolts its faster but not arrows

G

ratmen archers typically have a good number on them of either kind.

C

Connor_Graham

<blockquote><hr>

The problem I see here is the fact that you actually want to farm arrows/bolts from monsters. Kill birds and pluck their feather and make your own arrows/bolts. Farming them from monsters would be the slowest possible way to farm bow ammo.

[/ QUOTE ]

Can you get 30k feathers AND 30k shafts in 2 hours, plus enough gold to buy another 30k, and the chance at a minor artifact which, if the right one, could get you enough to buy another 100k arrows?

B

BadManiac

<blockquote><hr>

Can you get 30k feathers AND 30k shafts in 2 hours, plus enough gold to buy another 30k, and the chance at a minor artifact which, if the right one, could get you enough to buy another 100k arrows?

[/ QUOTE ]Ilsh harpy nest farming feathers, and LJ'ing for the shafts, yes I can. Takes some doing, but I'm not far off 30K arrows in 2 hours I'd guesstimate.

C

Connor_Graham

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]Ilsh harpy nest farming feathers, and LJ'ing for the shafts, yes I can. Takes some doing, but I'm not far off 30K arrows in 2 hours I'd guesstimate.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, but what about all the rest...

B

BadManiac

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]Uhm, yes that is what I meant. Harpys die and respawn FAST, they all give gold loot, stone harpys actually give descent gold. Plus because of the high spawn rate paragons are common, so you'll pull a marty or two while doing it.

In 2 hours I can get enough gold for a number of bank runs, 20K+ feathers at least, and a few martys. Plus time to spare to LJ the shafts needed.

Lady_Rachel

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Psst...to all you doing the Moonglow event.
The Fallen Warriors give 100 feather each.
*smiles*

Be Safe

I

imported_GFY

I personally hunt for arrows, (centaurs) and farm Harpys in Illish for feathers and make bolts. My baby Samouri does fairly well vs Harpys with his soul seeker.

I

imported_Veganite

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]Uhm, yes that is what I meant. Harpys die and respawn FAST, they all give gold loot, stone harpys actually give descent gold. Plus because of the high spawn rate paragons are common, so you'll pull a marty or two while doing it.

In 2 hours I can get enough gold for a number of bank runs, 20K+ feathers at least, and a few martys. Plus time to spare to LJ the shafts needed.

[/ QUOTE ]

Damn I know I’m not a power player but I must really suck. I was at the Harpy nest for 1 hour and only got 6000 feathers and no arties. What template are you guys using?

I

imported_GFY

I use a Swords Paladin with a Soul Seeker sword (Harpies are repond after all) and use a shield. I have 115 parry. I cast enemy of one and attack the Stone Harpies first, then use whirlwind attack (the soul seekers special move) to kill several harpies at once. Part of my strategy is to let large group agro me and lead them away from the spawn area. I kill them all off then rinse lather repeat.

I

imported_Veganite

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

In order for you to get 30k bolts in 2 hours you would have to kill about 600 meer captains. And to get enough money to buy 30k more bolts wouldn’t you have to earn about 300K from them? That’s about 3,000 of them if they all gave you 100gp. Just to get the bolts you would have to kill and loot one every 12 seconds non stop for 2 hours and that only gives you 60K in gold. To get 300k you would have to kill and loot one every 2 seconds. Are you sure your numbers accurate?

C

Connor_Graham

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

In order for you to get 30k bolts in 2 hours you would have to kill about 600 meer captains. And to get enough money to buy 30k more bolts wouldn’t you have to earn about 300K from them? That’s about 3,000 of them if they all gave you 100gp. Just to get the bolts you would have to kill and loot one every 12 seconds non stop for 2 hours and that only gives you 60K in gold. To get 300k you would have to kill and loot one every 2 seconds. Are you sure your numbers accurate?

[/ QUOTE ]

I was talking about arrows, not bolts.