• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

American FFXI in Europe?

• Thread starter xecollons
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
X

xecollons

First of all, hi, 'cause this is my very first post :p

I've got a problem. I bought FFXI 2008 from Play Asia, so I got an American copy of it. Someone told me that we, europeans(I'm from Spain), can play with american copies, but it seems that this 2008 version has that unique code feature, and in the PlayOnline Viewer, I can only select that I'm from the United States, or Canada.

Is there any way of solving this? Thanks.

S

Stalkingtiger

Hello

I can answer your question as I purchased the game before it was commercially available in England.
The answer to the address is no you have to put in a valid (or invalid) american address. The easiest Zip code to use is New York (12345).
Just put any rubbish for the next ones.
The billing address will come up next and you can pick whatever country in America/Europa/Asia where you are from.

I hope this has answered your question please reply if you have anymore.

Stalkingtiger (Fenrir server)
ps... we have a dedicated Linkshell for european players on fenrir called europa.
You will be welcome to join if you pick Fenrir as your server.