• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Amazing Pet Colour Charts

S

Silence429

Thats pretty awesome - interesting pie chart thing they have there on the spawn colours.
Thanks for posting

G

Thats an amazing site Lady N.

Would be nice if we could copy and paste those pics into the taming FAQ.

Craftsman

I

imported_Prendergast

Nice find indeed! I've just begun as a tamer, and have been aching for just a compilation like this!
Thx to LadyN for finding this and posting it, and Kudos to the authors!

G

Would love to take credit for finding the site, however, full credit goes to BaganekoO who posted it over in Rare Collectors in the Rare Pet Blaze Cu Sidhe thread.

I especially love the front/back views of the pets *AND* the 3d renderings and even the pre-AOS (UO:R) renderings where that's appropriate (as in the unicorn & kirin)! It's just an awesome site and I wish my Japanese were better in order to fully appreciate all the comprehensive information there. The pie charts are particularly intrigueing.

Ah, I did eventually manage to find an email addy for the Veterinary Masters site and have emailed them directly to let them know I've linked their wonderful site here.

G

Crafty, I agree it would be a wonderful addition to the FAQs. I'd love it, too, however, I just couldn't consider or suggest it without express permission from Veterinary Masters website themselves.

K

Kelly240

Awesome find! Er, copy over.. thing.. You know what I mean :p. I'll have to bookmark it when I get home.

However, I'm wondering about the Cu Sidhe pie chart. Since I don't farm cus I'm not too great at their rarities.. but are pinks really more rare than ice blues and blacks? I could have sworn they were fairly common, but I could most definitely be wrong.

G

It's one of those things you don't really think about until someone actually mentions it lol.

While I've absolutely no scientific evidence whatsoever, I have found the bright pink cu sidhes do seem to spawn noticeably less frequently than do the jet black, bright red, ice blue and ice whites.

To further back up the wholly unsubstantiated theory, I've had my fair share of excellent jet blacks, bright red, ice blue and ice whites, however, I have tamed exactly *one* solitary outstanding bright pink which I gave to a friend since she'd had her heart set on a bright pink for a specific tamer of hers. Over a year since ML release and I'm still on the look out for what I consider to be a great dark pink pooch for myself, not, of course, that there's any great rush.

Another cu-farming oddity I've noticed is that whenever I've had a bright pink, I'll usually also have an ice blue either shortly before or shortly after the bright pink. While it could certainly be just some peculiarity between my own tamers & the random number generator, it's happened to me often enough over the last year+ to note it. *shrug*

N

Noob In Lor

As someone who's spent the last year taming in the weald on Cats i have to agree with lady nico. The pink cu's do seem to be more rare than the other rares, save for blaze of course. Funny how the pink ones seem to be the toughest to find homes for though. Its still the only rare color i've "fed back" to the other cu's in hopes of spawning another blaze cu

As for taming oddities, ive had back to back jet black cu's spawn as well as back to back ice blue ones.

T

thedewmonger

excellent. now we just need to get to work on creating an english version.

G

I am going to sticky this as we get alot of questions for it. Thank you Lady Nico or finding it!

K

Kelly240

Well jeez now I feel bad, haha. I thought they were common so I didn't think much of it when a friend gave me one. Paid for my black cu though... Hmm dern, lol. Tyvm for your input

J

Jartan

If you dig through the links you'll find this page:

http://vm.or.tp/v/631/a2l5r.htm

Which is a handy stat chart of tamable creatures that's sortable by clicking on the column title.

This page seems to have food types, ability types, and links to spawning locations:

http://vm.or.tp/v/631/a_l11.htm

No clue what the columns with pictures are. Someone who knows more about taming probably knows better than I.

T

thedewmonger

Edit: I totally didn't know that goats would eat leather! Thats hilarious. And white wyrms eat gold, too...

<blockquote><hr>

This page seems to have food types, ability types, and links to spawning locations:

http://vm.or.tp/v/631/a_l11.htm

No clue what the columns with pictures are. Someone who knows more about taming probably knows better than I.

[/ QUOTE ]

The pictures are special abilities. they are (in order of appearance going down):

Flight (purple wing)
Packing (brown pack)
Poison (green goo)
Pack Instinct (gray horse)
Firebreath (red fire)
Casting (purple pentagram)
Cure (blue water? - unicorn only)

The column next to that, with the black dots, indicates that the animal can be owned by anyone.

The next four columns indicate food type. Vegetables, Meat, Fish, or other.

I

imported_Charleigh

<blockquote><hr>

Well jeez now I feel bad, haha. I thought they were common so I didn't think much of it when a friend gave me one. Paid for my black cu though... Hmm dern, lol. Tyvm for your input

[/ QUOTE ]

I remember in my newbie days in the weald when i was killing any cu that moved cos i wanted a blue one. I was just killing off a pink one when another tamer came running up to me with tears in his eyes!. He then quietly pointed out that i had just killed a rare cu to which i said, "naaa they spawn all the time" thinking it was an agapite one
Ooh was my face red!!

I've only seen another one once and its sitting in my stable wondering if it will ever see the light of day!

G

Awsome site. Nice to see the colors in 3D (since that's all i play).

I believe the grey horse shows which are mounts, not pack instinct.

G

It's been a long old time since I hunted or tamed for hiryus. That said, however, I'm certain I've seen noticeably more vortex purple hiryus than poison green ones on my own home shard.

N

Nathan Rahl

On my shard vortex always sold for considerably more gold than poison and i see less of them o well guess its just chance.

kelda@Mizuho

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
thedewmonger : hi. you are mostly correct except the following.

Ridable (gray horse)
Poison free (blue water)
The column next to that, with the black dots, indicates that the animal can be easily controlled.
(means no special skill requirement to control that animal)

I often look in this site when I have any doubt about animals/monsters.
Color chart of cu sidhe was made based on 206 cu tamed in UOML beta shard about 1.5 year ago.
It is real amazing site, but I didn't even think about introducing this site just like Lady Nico had done.
Thanks to you, Lady Nico.

p.s. And I always envy your blaze cu sidhe. I had been trying to catch one in both Mizuho and Asuka shard
since September, 2005, but have never seen them spawn in front of me.
They always spawn when I am not around. Bad luck!! hehe

G

Welcome to the Tamer Forum &amp; thanks for the refining the pet ability key translation started by dewmonger, Kelda!

I think I've helped myself to your share of blaze dogs

For inspiration, here's a pic of both my main tamers mounted on theirs (two different accounts).

Good luck &amp; good hunting!

kelda@Mizuho

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks for your reply, Lady Nico.
Your blaze dogs look so wonderful!!!
I hope I can find them one day...

G

<blockquote><hr>

Thanks for your reply, Lady Nico.
Your blaze dogs look so wonderful!!!
I hope I can find them one day...

[/ QUOTE ]

*sprinkles lucky elf dog dust all over Kelda*

Good luck and good hunting!

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
was i the only one that noticed the disclaimer that said that those pages where not to be linked too or reproduced.

G

<blockquote><hr>

was i the only one that noticed the disclaimer that said that those pages where not to be linked too or reproduced.

[/ QUOTE ]

Precisely why I emailed &amp; obtained permission from the webmaster!

Any news on your name, Poo? I'm still gobsmacked over that.

I

imported_Kyrie_Elaison

If you do a google search for "vm.or.tp" the veterinary master website should be the first one. Click on translate this page, and you will be able to browse the entire site in English.

L

LakesMac

It looks like frenzieds no longer spawn in cardinal red. I'd like to have one on Great Lakes.

4gregu

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is there something wrong with the site for the colors of Cu's?
I don't see any pics of them when I click on the link.

G

Not loading for me either, 4gregu. Pure speculation on my part, however, there is every possibility they might be in the process of updating their screenshots to include KR shots.

Thanks for the heads up and I'll keep'em peeled.

G

The color pages for pets are still there, just the page links need to be updated.

I

imported_Leaf

I use to be able to see the Colors of the pets, now it is gone, just alot of writing. I refreshed the pages and still nothing. Any ideas?

J

JoyousGard

I had the same problem... Someone ask HQ to put them up with their percentages.

G

All you have to do is go to the links posted, they take you to http://vm.or.tp/v/

Up the top of that page is a little link [English], click that, and on the menu on the right you'll see a link for "Color", click that and it takes you to a page with all the pets on

G

While I appreciate your concern, Jhym, as stated previously in this thread I specifically sought and obtained permission directly from the website to link to the images prior to linking them.

I've updated the original post to reflect the updated screenshot page since it's now consolidated to a single page.

Good luck &amp; good hunting.

Diomedes Artega

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just looked again, and yes, it works just fine. Check your browser settings.
Okay, not sure if it works the same for everyone, BUT for Firefox users, use the following link:

http://vm.mydns.jp/v/8a1/a2l1.htm

Any other link will kick you out to the main page. If you can read Japanese great. In the event you can't, please use these steps:

1. http://vm.mydns.jp/v/ *This link is the main page.

2. Don't bother with clicking English, it will boot you back out to the Japanese main page. Do this:

3. From where it says top folder: It is the 4th link down you go to.

4. It will bring up a UO directory/glossary of pets. Find the one you want as long as it is highlighted.

Example: Cu Sidhe which is 9th from the bottom going up (out of the highlighted ones).

It will show the applicable stats as well as the colour pie chart for rarity of each color.

Note: As someone mentioned they don't want linking on images or any applicable link. Reason why I gave directions from the main page.

Happy Hunting! :cheerleader:

Dodger

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Okay, not sure if it works the same for everyone, BUT for Firefox users, use the following link:

Any other link will kick you out to the main page. If you can read Japanese great. In the event you can't, please use these steps:

2. Don't bother with clicking English, it will boot you back out to the Japanese main page. Do this:

4. It will bring up a UO directory/glossary of pets. Find the one you want as long as it is highlighted.

Example: Cu Sidhe which is 9th from the bottom going up (out of the highlighted ones).

It will show the applicable stats as well as the colour pie chart for rarity of each color.

Note: As someone mentioned they don't want linking on images or any applicable link. Reason why I gave directions from the main page.

None of the links appear to work in IE, when i use the link you have posted i get....

veterinary master 閉鎖のお知らせ

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 本年度を持って、個人サイト"veterinary master"は閉鎖する事になりました。

色々言われるかもしれませんが、唐突にやめても、やめると告知してもどうせ色々言われる事に変わりなさそうなので、時期的にも精神的にも余裕がない事から事前告知は行いませんでした。なお、このドメイン(vm.mydns.jp)以外のページや掲示板でコメントする事(Laku名やその他の知り合いの名を騙って)は一切行わないので、もし見かけてもvmとは何の関係もありません。

データの引継ぎ的な事は行いません。これは過去、HTML丸ごとコピーやMLモンスデータの丸々コピー、カラーリストの画像改竄転載などの著作権侵害が度々行われていた事。また、ごく一部を除いて全て私の個人的な収集データ、検証データである事。vmのデータを全て管理し、クオリティを維持していけるような個人を探すのが極めて困難である事から、一切のデータの凍結を決定した次第です。
 この決定は著作権を放棄するという意味ではないため、vmの過去の情報を掲載する事は著作権侵害(現実の犯罪行為)となりますので、十分ご注意下さい。また、他のサイトに後継を依頼したり、データを譲渡する事も一切ありません。(唯一の例外としてvm:map4asは連携サイト様に残しました。)

一時期は投稿ベースにして、その管理をするのならばサイト維持も可能かと甘く考えていましたが、時事のデータがvmには集まらないのは、レプリカの投稿が0で、パラリシャンさんにのみ集まっている現状をみれば誰の目にも明らかであり、この時点でデータを扱うのがvmである必要性は無いと言えます。
 vmは独自のデータ集であったため、しばらくは不便に思う方もいるかもしれませんが、大型な変更からは相当時間がたっており、時事のデータはパラリシャンさんに集中しており、ML以降のモンスデータもUOSSに揃ってきているので、残りも時間がたてば解決していくと思います。

来年度からはリアル事情により全く状況が変わってしまうため、投稿による自立が出来ず、結局は私個人でのデータ収集を基盤とした方法でしか進められないのでは、やめる以外に選択肢は無く、残骸を残していいようにコピられ、ただ荒れていく姿を晒すくらいなら清いまま締めくくりたいと思い、勝手ながら幕引きとさせて頂きました。

私個人は別段、名声欲や目立ちたいという願望があるわけでもなく、何をやるにしてもひたすら自力ナ行ってきたため、vmを続ける事に趣味以上の何らかの利益があるわけではなく(むしろリアルではやればやるほど赤字)、ひとえに、やるときめたら徹底的にやるというポリシーと義務感のみで支えられてきた物でした。
 その礎は、深夜~早朝にかけての単独ボス攻略や、1日のうち16時間以上を水一滴のまずに検証し続けたMLベータテストなど、寝る暇云々の問題ではない非常識な検証行動の積み重ねであり、もしvmを誰かに継承させれば、その人は確実に日常生活を奪われるか、或いはただのコピーサイトとしてゴースト(私にとっては知的所有物の安売りであり、かつ不本意なデータとなっていくもの)が残るかどちらかしか望めないため、ネット上にvmの残像は残さないという結論に達しました。

今まで見てくださった方々に改めて感謝を。本当にお世話になりました。
 Laku - 2009/03/20 午前3時

all text, nothing else.:wall:

Diomedes Artega

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
None of the links appear to work in IE, when i use the link you have posted i get....

veterinary master 閉鎖のお知らせ

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 本年度を持って、個人サイト"veterinary master"は閉鎖する事になりました。

色々言われるかもしれませんが、唐突にやめても、やめると告知してもどうせ色々言われる事に変わりなさそうなので、時期的にも精神的にも余裕がない事から事前告知は行いませんでした。なお、このドメイン(vm.mydns.jp)以外のページや掲示板でコメントする事(Laku名やその他の知り合いの名を騙って)は一切行わないので、もし見かけてもvmとは何の関係もありません。

データの引継ぎ的な事は行いません。これは過去、HTML丸ごとコピーやMLモンスデータの丸々コピー、カラーリストの画像改竄転載などの著作権侵害が度々行われていた事。また、ごく一部を除いて全て私の個人的な収集データ、検証データである事。vmのデータを全て管理し、クオリティを維持していけるような個人を探すのが極めて困難である事から、一切のデータの凍結を決定した次第です。
 この決定は著作権を放棄するという意味ではないため、vmの過去の情報を掲載する事は著作権侵害(現実の犯罪行為)となりますので、十分ご注意下さい。また、他のサイトに後継を依頼したり、データを譲渡する事も一切ありません。(唯一の例外としてvm:map4asは連携サイト様に残しました。)

一時期は投稿ベースにして、その管理をするのならばサイト維持も可能かと甘く考えていましたが、時事のデータがvmには集まらないのは、レプリカの投稿が0で、パラリシャンさんにのみ集まっている現状をみれば誰の目にも明らかであり、この時点でデータを扱うのがvmである必要性は無いと言えます。
 vmは独自のデータ集であったため、しばらくは不便に思う方もいるかもしれませんが、大型な変更からは相当時間がたっており、時事のデータはパラリシャンさんに集中しており、ML以降のモンスデータもUOSSに揃ってきているので、残りも時間がたてば解決していくと思います。

来年度からはリアル事情により全く状況が変わってしまうため、投稿による自立が出来ず、結局は私個人でのデータ収集を基盤とした方法でしか進められないのでは、やめる以外に選択肢は無く、残骸を残していいようにコピられ、ただ荒れていく姿を晒すくらいなら清いまま締めくくりたいと思い、勝手ながら幕引きとさせて頂きました。

私個人は別段、名声欲や目立ちたいという願望があるわけでもなく、何をやるにしてもひたすら自力ナ行ってきたため、vmを続ける事に趣味以上の何らかの利益があるわけではなく(むしろリアルではやればやるほど赤字)、ひとえに、やるときめたら徹底的にやるというポリシーと義務感のみで支えられてきた物でした。
 その礎は、深夜~早朝にかけての単独ボス攻略や、1日のうち16時間以上を水一滴のまずに検証し続けたMLベータテストなど、寝る暇云々の問題ではない非常識な検証行動の積み重ねであり、もしvmを誰かに継承させれば、その人は確実に日常生活を奪われるか、或いはただのコピーサイトとしてゴースト(私にとっては知的所有物の安売りであり、かつ不本意なデータとなっていくもの)が残るかどちらかしか望めないため、ネット上にvmの残像は残さないという結論に達しました。

今まで見てくださった方々に改めて感謝を。本当にお世話になりました。
 Laku - 2009/03/20 午前3時

all text, nothing else.:wall:
That's why I stated...for Firefox users lol. Good feedback though. I'll find the IE version (depends whether I have to translate) and get back to you on that.

F

Fieeh

I'm using Firefox as well, does not work for me - it kicks me out on the main page.. What should the settings be?

Kri

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For posterity, I have added all the charts I've saved over time to my photobucket. Here you go:

Cu:

Hiryu:

Bob_the_fart_guy

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you for posting your photobucket pics before "that site" crashed. It used to be my favorite pet related site.

In the off chance that someone else has other photos from that site, of any of the other animals, please post them?

Also... If anyone knows if that site has moved, please let me know?

Thanks.

Xanth de Orlig

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hate to be a killjoy. but i couldn't find anything really valuable in this thread ... all the links from page one, where i assumed to find pertinent information, were dead ...

Skipping to the last page proved pointless ... as there was nothing there either ...

With all the all abouts and in betweens ... there was nothing fruitful to show fer it ... not worth it ..

sorry ...

*a thread screams ...'please kill me' ... *

M

maroite

Hate to be a killjoy. but i couldn't find anything really valuable in this thread ... all the links from page one, where i assumed to find pertinent information, were dead ...

Skipping to the last page proved pointless ... as there was nothing there either ...

With all the all abouts and in betweens ... there was nothing fruitful to show fer it ... not worth it ..

sorry ...

Although the original links may be dead and removed, Kri has posted pictures of all the Cu and Hiryu colors available in post #46.

Thats the purpose of this thread.

On a side note, it could use an update for the looks/colors displayed in the EC...

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

sorry ...

We're in the middle of a spring cleaning here still ;) The pet info threads are going to be cleaned up. But if I un-sticky them before they're replaced, I can guarantee someone will pull me up on it :D So they're here so I can see what needs doing and anyone who wants them can access them easily.

Once we're further on with the main FAQ, I'll spend time on these threads and make us a proper thread with reference info for our favourite pets. We're just not there yet.

Have patience, they annoy me every day I log in here lol.

Wenchy