• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

All skills - For moderators

Ivory Norwind

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've read all the other posts but there's nothing like the tables in the old forum. I'd like the tables to raise to 120 or 100 the skills:
alchemy, blacksmithy, tailoring, tinkering, cooking, carpentry and tinkering.
To 120 smithy and tailoring and to 100 the others.
Someone of the moderators can post the old tables, please?
For me is important alchemy, smithy and tailoring. But also ther others :)
I have two mules that have all the crafting skills and since i've made a transfer to atlantic i have to raise all slills again.
You have made many sticky posts but there are not tables :(
The old forum was the best for learn to raise the skills.
Post the old tables here, please?
Thanks!!!

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Uh... There ARE guides to what to make, just not in table form (this new forum software HATES tables). For that matter, one of them links to the ancient posts you are unable to find, and all the new guides are stickies!

Those were the first things I updated for the new FAQs, as the old ones were insanely obselete. And, Alchemy is a different forum from the "hard" crafter skills (it's lumped in with cooking & gardening now).

• Tailor still has the old, obselete, table as a graphic in its FAQ, with a note several lines below it as to where to insert Cloth ninja hoods. Se section 1.1 HERE.
  • The entire Section 2 (9 subsections long) of the Blacksmith FAQ are updated versions of how to gain Blacksmithy & Arms Lore. Section 2.7 of the FAQ is the one most closely resembling the information you remember, but had to undergo major revision for SE & ML items (not to mention the salvage bag), to minimize ingot use. Trust me - you will want to use the salvage bag when training Smith skill.
  • This Guide to Skill Gain covers all the crafting skills of this forum, and has link to old skill gain logs that have been out of date since at least Samurai Empire, if not AoS!
There also the tables below - this show the maximum level (by power scroll), that one can gain to from making any normal smith or tailor item.

Smith Charts for skill gain caps:
http://uo.stratics.com/php-bin/show_content.php?content=27506

Tailor Charts for skill gain caps:
http://uo.stratics.com/php-bin/show_content.php?content=27682

However, note that the fastest gains come from 60% to 80% chance of success (which you can use the Stratics skill entries to find out what items fall in those ranges). The skill gain cap tables are mainly for doing things like seeing which BODs can be filled and get skill gains at the same time, or those seeking to min/max their ingot return by staying with a low-ingot item for as long as possible (even if gains slow)

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Alchemy's an odd one. I didn't have much trouble getting it to GM. Suggest looking at the Stratics section on the skill, sorting it for skill, then seeing what potions (most likely, a poison type) is closest to the 60% to 80% skill range. Ask around on the Botany & Nutrition forum (which is the forum for the alchemy skill, as well as cooking and gardening) for a skill gain guide.

Ivory Norwind

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks, as usual.
I'll go to see how is better to raise it.
For my curiuosiry, are you a female?
I'm italian and i write on the forum not often For my fault, i understand english not very well. I don't understand well spoken english and the slang :(
But you write so easy ( well, not so easy but quite easy for me :) ) that i finally understand.
For all the community please remember my name and when someone answer to me please do it very easy :)
I'm italian and i have also the game in english.. Italiy is one on the last nations that OSI has left.
Well, many thanks, Basara:)
I appreciate all your amswers. And sorry for my bad english.
Cya
Margherita ( in real)

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I'm male, but I have so much experience role-playing female characters (mostly as a dungeon master for over 20 years of Dungeons & Dragons and other game) to draw on, plus I was raised in an environment where I was constantly having to play with 5 female cousins, and no male relatives or neighborhood boys to play with. As a result, I ended up understanding women better than I did other men (so much that I had trouble dating in high school, because I didn't have any experience or role models for asking out girls, and had trouble fitting in with the guys because the town I lived in by that time was athlete obsessed, and I never had a chance to play any). I am straight, but it was by the time I was in college that I reached the level of social development normally associates with high school.

I still look 25, despite being in my 40s, and sometimes seem like an 80s teen accidentally transplanted into the 21st Century.