• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Feedback] After XX SA is my Main Client.

S

Splup

I quess many already use SA as a main account, but you guys can then just tell what you want fixed most.

The point of this thread, is to name top fixes needed, before you start using SA as a main client.

My list:

1. Ctrl/Alt + button hotkeys need to work properly, even in fast mage action.

2. Target self must not count as Last target.

3. Custom UI:s (I have played UO since 2000 and I still need to see also The Spell, not just powerwords :) )

When those are fixed, I will start using SA more and more.

Then the list of things that would be nice, but not as important as the first list:

1. Target queue to Legacy targeting system.

2. Dismount macro (Atleast I didnt figure out how to make it).

3. Way to mount with a macro with legacy targeting.

4. To be able to set Undress bag.

But as final words, I'm having high hopes about SA Client. Even thou I have always used 2D, I'm really hoping when this client is finished, I can use SA Client in PvP fully.

O

Old Man of UO

Dismount Macro

Create Macro
Command> script UserActionUseItem(WindowData.PlayerStatus.PlayerId ,false)

I am not sure what you mean by this one:
3. Way to mount with a macro with legacy targeting.

You can set an ethy mount to a hot bar slot and assign it to a hot key, but I don't think this is what you meant.

S

Splup

You can set an ethy mount to a hot bar slot and assign it to a hot key, but I don't think this is what you meant.
When I get dismounted in PvP, I'm shouting all follow me and teleporting like mad to get away from gangers, then I run past my horse and click my macro which jumps back on my Faction horse :)

That's what I need. Got it with the new targeting system using target nerest follower use last target. But need it to work with legacy targeting.

O

Old Man of UO

When I get dismounted in PvP, I'm shouting all follow me and teleporting like mad to get away from gangers, then I run past my horse and click my macro which jumps back on my Faction horse :)

That's what I need. Got it with the new targeting system using target nerest follower use last target. But need it to work with legacy targeting.
Does UO Assist work with SA? I know it is intended to, but may not be active yet or the design may have changed.

S

Splup

Does UO Assist work with SA? I know it is intended to, but may not be active yet or the design may have changed.
Really? Woah!!

If UOA really is supposed to work with SA I'm So Very pleased. I just remembered it wasnt supposed to work with SA. We'll see :)

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't think that's quite accurate.
I believe, though this is only my own guesswork, that uoa will only work with SA if Tugsoft is willing to do the development necessary to make them compatible.

O

Old Man of UO

Really? Woah!!

If UOA really is supposed to work with SA I'm So Very pleased. I just remembered it wasnt supposed to work with SA. We'll see :)
Let us know... I don't have UOA loaded on this computer, only my laptop. To be honest, I liked KR and SA macros better, but I like to be different!

C

Chrissay_

There have been reports of some functionality with UOA working with the new client. There may need to be a software update on their end for it to be fully functional.

S

Splup

There have been reports of some functionality with UOA working with the new client. There may need to be a software update on their end for it to be fully functional.
I was actually able to open UOSA with UO-Assist. Problem is that it doesnt recognize my account, so it says I have registered and disables functions. But I do hope Tugsoft updates it.

O

Old Man of UO

I was actually able to open UOSA with UO-Assist. Problem is that it doesnt recognize my account, so it says I have registered and disables functions. But I do hope Tugsoft updates it.
Have you tried requesting a new seed for UOA while running SA?

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

1. High Resolution Graphics and/or KR artwork/resolution option

2. Custom UIs

3. KR UI functionality lost in SA (Customizing map icon artwork and sizes, crafting menu advances)

4. Larger item artwork in hotbar or container grid boxes (I mean come on... at 1680x1050, rings, gems, black pearl and other such small items are almost invisible and I KNOW people play at higher resolutions than I do and UI scale can only do so much.)

5. CLOSE the ability for external 3rd party programs to access the client (which was opened a month or so ago)... yeah that means no UOA, but wasn't the purpose of the new client to remove the "need" of UOA? Plus it only allows for other less savory programs to have access to the client, something I'm not so certain has been worth the allowance of UOA.

Hildebrand

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
These MUST be fixed in SA:
1) I play on 1680 x 1050 and the rings, bracelets, potions, food, etc are microscopic.

2) The pet hot bar that pops up is aweful in SA. AWEFUL. I click on it and it tries to rename! Then I have a hard time getting out of the renaming trap! There has to be a "rename button" added. Bitter Black had rectified this nicely in KR.

3) Party hotbars are sometimes showing a member as poisoned when they are not. Same crap as KR... not fixed in SA.

4) Macros that are bound in the settings > Input menu, are permanently going off. Yes Whatever is in the "INPUT" menu. For example, L is default for Quest Log, yet a macro bound to ALT L will *still* open the Quest Log. It doesn't matter even if the macro's get changed. Any bound keys in that Input menu, are screwed up.

Wish List:
1) The new chat (KR way) is a bit wonky. If I hit enter to chat, but I don't chat, I click on someone or something on the game screen, I then try to hit enter to chat again, but I can't. I actually have to click inside the "say" box to get back in the swing of things. (not a biggie)
2)My crafters are too used to the more superior KR crafting menu. The bitter black skin's enhanced crafting menu was light years ahead. I'd love this back. I loved being able to toggle "make 10" bascinets and have the toggle for "set as quest item" for each one as it makes them. Saved me so much time and agony in my limited game time.
3)I can't get my two thumb mouse buttons to bind or register. I have a very popular Logitech MX400 wired mouse. Center button does work (thanks for that). I'd also love it if the mouse tilt wheels worked too.

All in all, the client is super stable to me, except whenever I "exit" game, I always get a windows error "...Stygian Abyss has stopped working". Which is annoying.

T

Tazar

I've already fully converted. I have run into a few small problems (like the Bedlam Iron Maiden being invisible) but I have always found a quick/easy work-around.

Gilmour

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thing i Find that need to be improved before i changed fully:

1. More Fluid Animations for various things most noticeable a running swamp dragon.

2. less pixelation if possible pls on zoom (but understand if not possible).

3. make it work - fix the bugs

4. bigger backpack icons which fill out more of the square in grid, making it better to see what it is.. atm if you have a pair of gloves in a grid pack its like 10% of the square thats gloves, rest is just black space. so some bigger icons pls or grid aint gonna be that awesome.

4a. i realise this will require either huge amounts of new container art unless you find an alternative way to take into account that somethings can be dyed and/or come in different colors, a solution could be to add a subtext to the item descriping color and other variables not obtainable by viewing the icon if you dont know it.

Thing i find is fine as is:

Targeting system - it works, combined with macro options and/or key/mouse assignments its really easy to target what you want. Although you need to (i think) make items not a target.

Macro system, much improved from 2d included the "i dont have to buy a new keyboard every month" repating option. i really like that. along with Assist style macro options, i wish tho that macrolines from go from top to bottom, and not left to right, would save alot of <-> scrolling.

else gj on the client, it runs alot smoother than the kr client did, glad you put some work into that, am still hoping for some more options for the bigger machines so that it will look truely like the next generation of UO.

Greets
Gilmour

Hildebrand

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
"i wish tho that macrolines from go from top to bottom, and not left to right, would save alot of <-> scrolling."

KR was scrolling up and down, but in SA they changed to to < >. I would've preferred the up down like KR as well.

Alezi

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
In addition to the OP's points I'd like to add that player and pet models should be much more sharper. Also, horse type mounts should have distinctive models, faction horses look the same for an example.

P

pgcd

I second pretty much everything up to this point, but I'd like to add a few considerations of my own:

1) Macroed or hotkey'ed spells shouldn't count as "last spell" - they don't in 2D.
2) I wish, I really wish there was either a different target reticule for friendlies (like in 2D) as to avoid having negative spells with target=current fire on your pets or stuff like that.
3) In some circumstances, the other sounds are *way* too loud compared to the ones you are interested in hearing (ie those you make, like spells fizzling). Just try to interpret audio cues when near a SL spawn - those EVs are 9/12 dB's louder than anything else, probably because the noise from each one of them gets summed. I don't notice this as much when playing 2D.
4) Resizable grid/list containers would be great.
5) So would be two-dimensional hotbars.
6) It would make a LOT more sense if all one-handed weapon were wielded in either the left or the right hand.

P

pgcd

Forgot to add:
7) Have the map track all the players in my guild or something like that - party-only is not always enough for several reasons.

IanJames

Certifiable
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Would love to have guild tracking on the map.

Get rid of third party access to client

Give me back the KR crafting menu!!