• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

AFK AND MONEY

• Thread starter independent117
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
Status
Not open for further replies.
I

independent117

i used to think that ppl just hated afkers for being afk lol. but now im thinking its abt the money . they think that just because ppl buy things we get money eaiser. as well as sometimes we have to restock lots of items to keep getting a reasonable discount. they dont realize that the discounts can sometimes hurt us. like now for an example.

money houses have it easier because they can make money while hosting. skilling places and shopes have to wait until they close to make there money.

G

having issues with pizza .. did they lower the payouts again oh my it is alread y bad for a smalll is 5 bucks and still get a penatly.. the highest you can make is 20 bucks . you can't even make 500 bucks a round..................

I

independent117

dang that sucks but this topic is abt how afk is revolved around money not abt money in gentral , sorry hun

I

independent117

well i still think we should pick a certain date and all shops should spend half other day open and then the rest of the day spending doing what WE wanna do. because apearently we shopping owners just seem to be afkers and they cant deal with it so im thinking .....ok well lets just not be open ...we want respect or no sales lol

G

easy solution... switch from a store lot to a money lot, lol

I

independent117

heres another easy solution, stop hating on the afkers lol

G

well, honestly... if someone is going to have a store, it's not a big deal to be afk if they check their messages once in a while.
it's frustrating when you go to a store and have a question, but get no answer.

make your lot into a mech or logic money lot... there are very few of those.
but if you like being a store... then be prepared to lose business for being afk all day.

i, personally, have no real problem with afkers... but there are a lot of ppl who do.

I

independent117

the thing is, i dont lose business because at the end of the day my sales are abt the same as always. ppl just think we'd lose sales if were afk. but what you dont buy, others will lmao. and most of the ppl that IM me for things, want a BIG discount. thats why you see so many ppl pretending there afk. because there tired of doing the discounts or even hearing abt it.

but i check on my sim from time to time. but its a great house to be when you need to do house stuff. lol

G

well that's good to hear

but i guess i'm confused about the reason for this post then, lol

I

independent117

ok um idk if you have been keeping up with the site, but if you read this before they moved a lot of it, there was a lot of talk abt ppl hating on afkers just because they were afk lol. but it got more intense, they hated on them because there a store. they said that we have it easy and all that. they some replied that we work very hard for our money somtimes staying up all hours of the night to be able to restock the next day. so this is an add on from the thread afkers in the store. ...if you read some of that you'd get a little update of what this is all about : )

G

ahh i see... didn't read any of that.
it does suck that people don't understand what goes into running a certain kind of lot.
it's a lot more difficult than most think.

and i can fully understand stores being afk because i have a skill lot and it's rediculous to just sit there by yourself all day, waiting for people to come, lol.

and it's good to know that you actually respond to people's questions.
i have been to SEVERAL stores, and asked a roomie something... never getting any response all day... which is annoying, but like you said... if one person doesn't buy something... another will.

I

independent117

yeah thats always the case, like sometimes somebody will come in and start stuff because i have my sim down but afk. and they try doing bad interactions to my sim. and yet ppl are trying to get the interaction " hiding" gone from stores...why so they can do that to me all day long lol ..

G

yeah, there are some dumb people on this game, haha

but it all comes with experience
the more you play the game, the more you find out

i used to think, when i first started playing, that it would be really easy to run a house... no big deal
ha!... not the case... ESPECIALLY when you're the only roomie home and it's relatively full... sims are demanding creatures, lol

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]
what does what you sell, or how much you sell it for have to do with AFK? I fail to see the point.

I

independent117

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]
what does what you sell, or how much you sell it for have to do with AFK? I fail to see the point.

[/ QUOTE ]

that is the point im trying to make. afk should have anything to do with what you are buying lol. but shopping houses are getting bashed for being afkers. but as long as you are getting your items you want, WHATS THE BIG DEAL LOL

G

well, most of the people I've noticed complaining did so because they were NOT getting what they wanted and had a hard time finding a non-afk store in which to ask.

I

independent117

<blockquote><hr>

well i still think we should pick a certain date and all shops should spend half other day open and then the rest of the day spending doing what WE wanna do. because apearently we shopping owners just seem to be afkers and they cant deal with it so im thinking .....ok well lets just not be open ...we want respect or no sales lol

[/ QUOTE ]

still think this is the best route to go, maybe ppl will have a littl more respect once they realize how much we all need each other and to hate on a certain house type is just stupid and pointless rofl

I

imported_Qute Pi

I know when I say I hate afk stores, it's not because there is 1 avatar there afk.
Its because there are 10-20 avatars hidden on the property afk.

I

independent117

yes i know what your talking abt and theres a store out there thats number one taht is JUST LIKE THAT......i think its like all this girls account sims lol becasue they leave whenever she leaves and there ALWAYS there.

thats how she says at number. she has abt 8x it by like 1 ( being the hrs shes online) you have 80hrs rigth there lol in just 1day

I

imported_Shirl1211

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

that is the point im trying to make. afk should have anything to do with what you are buying lol. but shopping houses are getting bashed for being afkers. but as long as you are getting your items you want, WHATS THE BIG DEAL LOL

[/ QUOTE ]

I always hide when i'm at my store because I don't have to worry about my social or anything else going red on me and I know alot of people don't like it, but I go AFK alot when i'm running more than 1 sim. I think a store is basically self serve and most of the time if they need help they will PM you and if that happens, I respond as soon as I click back to that sim.

I

independent117

I always hide when i'm at my store because I don't have to worry about my social or anything else going red on me and I know alot of people don't like it, but I go AFK alot when i'm running more than 1 sim. I think a store is basically self serve and most of the time if they need help they will PM you and if that happens, I respond as soon as I click back to that sim.

[/ QUOTE ]

i agree, but even that ppl have a problem with and i think its stupid

G

<blockquote><hr>

having issues with pizza .. did they lower the payouts again oh my it is alread y bad for a smalll is 5 bucks and still get a penatly.. the highest you can make is 20 bucks . you can't even make 500 bucks a round..................

[/ QUOTE ]

Just made 750+ in one round with highly skilled sims (everybody over 10 in their skill, two people at 20 even) so I know it's possible. The problem I find most often is that people don't want to skill. I can barely stand to be in a pizza house these days because sims will come in and you'll here "3 for pizza!!!" 5 minutes later "still need 3 for pizza!!!" coming from the same sim, and after the 3rd time you begin to wonder why that sim isn't getting anybody to play with them.....look and sure enough they have either no skills at all, 1 or 2 points in EVERY SINGLE SKILL or high points in mech or logic and little points in the pertinent skill. Message them and suggest how it would be easier to pizza after you max out cooking, charisma or logic and basically get told to mind your own effin business.

Yeah, I'll stick to sim jobs, tyvm

I

independent117

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Just made 750+ in one round with highly skilled sims (everybody over 10 in their skill, two people at 20 even) so I know it's possible. The problem I find most often is that people don't want to skill. I can barely stand to be in a pizza house these days because sims will come in and you'll here "3 for pizza!!!" 5 minutes later "still need 3 for pizza!!!" coming from the same sim, and after the 3rd time you begin to wonder why that sim isn't getting anybody to play with them.....look and sure enough they have either no skills at all, 1 or 2 points in EVERY SINGLE SKILL or high points in mech or logic and little points in the pertinent skill. Message them and suggest how it would be easier to pizza after you max out cooking, charisma or logic and basically get told to mind your own effin business.

[/ QUOTE ]

that was an old comment lol

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

that was an old comment lol

[/ QUOTE ]

Not that old, only 6 hours and it was during that time frame that I made the money, so it was a pertinent comment, tyvm.

I

independent117

seems you just wanna agrue with me considering your on most of my other threads too lol

I

imported_Fire Dragon

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

didn't you suggest this in another thread? did ppl stop responding to you, so you decided to make another one on an ever so slightly different topic?

G

<blockquote><hr>

seems you just wanna agrue with me considering your on most of my other threads too lol

[/ QUOTE ]

I comment on most threads.....if you didn't want to argue to you wouldn't have an answer for every post I make, so it takes two to tango, bud.

I

imported_Fire Dragon

I think most ppl were just jacked that certain stores stacked their properties with sims to boost visitor numbers, thus making them seem more popular and they were rude, or generally afk when ppl wanted help from them.

Though with the fix for afk bot, it's obvious that more stores will be slightly less afk from now on.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

didn't you suggest this in another thread? did ppl stop responding to you, so you decided to make another one on an ever so slightly different topic?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hot damn somebody else said what I was thinking
Am I in your head or are you in mine, Fire?

I

independent117

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

um no this thread was an add on to the depression one, if you read the very first thing i ever wrote i said i'd give an update, this thread is the update.

I

independent117

if you want to debate this topic, please continue. but if you wanna just take stabs at me....then why dont u just message me and let the conversation stick to the topic : )

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

um no this thread was an add on to the depression one, if you read the very first thing i ever wrote i said i'd give an update, this thread is the update.

[/ QUOTE ]

When you update a topic there's no need to start a new thread for the update, you can just write a reply post on the original thread. Making new threads for each and every thing can get into spamming, which is against the board policies.

I

independent117

it cant be the same thread because the first one was based on the lack of money for the store owners to restock then somehow during the comments it tuned it " owners being afkers lol" so i had to start a new one to show that i wanted the first one to STAY on that topic and that topic only.

I

imported_Fire Dragon

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

When you update a topic there's no need to start a new thread for the update, you can just write a reply post on the original thread. Making new threads for each and every thing can get into spamming, which is against the board policies.

[/ QUOTE ]

My thoughts exactly..

I

independent117

[/ QUOTE ]

My thoughts exactly..

[/ QUOTE ]

read above

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

My thoughts exactly..

[/ QUOTE ]

*replying to you so as not to be accused of tagging again

He's not understanding that this is board policy, or at least has been since the boards were moved here to Stratics. If there's been a change in the RoC about it then I'm not aware of it but maybe there has been because the mods havent' done anything about it.......

I

independent117

this thread has been up for a while and a lot of the bored ppl ( or whatever they are) have commented on them a few times lol. i think more on the depression one tho. last time i check i didnt do anything because they are 2 different topics ..completly. ones talking abt the money being low and not being able to restock store items, this one is talking abt afkers lol.......SO different topics

I

imported_Shirl1211

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

But most importantly, they have the choice to go to another store if they don't like it. I think it's a petty thing to complain about myself. I've checked prices at other stores comparing them to mine and I am proud to say that I am one of the losest stores in town on crafts and such so if they choose to pay 500 more on a pest tape or PC because they can be greeted by the owner or roomies, then go for it.

I

independent117

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

But most importantly, they have the choice to go to another store if they don't like it. I think it's a petty thing to complain about myself. I've checked prices at other stores comparing them to mine and I am proud to say that I am one of the losest stores in town on crafts and such so if they choose to pay 500 more on a pest tape or PC because they can be greeted by the owner or roomies, then go for it.

[/ QUOTE ]

thanks hun : ) thats another point

G

I'm with several of the posters in this thread, I dont see the purpose of it, I think its enough like this thread that the discussion can continue there.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.