• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Aegis.. Ten Years Later

Ludes

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Aegis on Catskills
Return to: Catskills

Aegis is a glade to the southeast of the Yew Moongate. It is home to the Knights of Yew. Most of the Buildings within the Glade belong to the Knights. The Aegis Hall is the guildhall of the Knights of Yew. Knights’ Rest is a tavern and inn run by The Knights. The Aegis Gardens is a place for meditation and reflection. The Chapterhouse is a home of the Order of Saint Gideon and a place for healing, learning and worship.Aegis was founded as soon as Lord British lifted the ban on construction in Trammel. Aegis has been the front lines in Wars against the Orc’s, Drow and the hoards of Artarion.All well intentioned visitors are warmly welcomed by the Knights. On Monday nights the Knights’ host a tavern night for the well intentioned to enjoy the glade and relax. Our Open Hand Mead is often enjoyed, as is Minocian Stout and Empath Abbey Wine. (ooc: Please keep in Mind we are a role-playing guild and ask visitors to roleplay as well)

UPDATED: February 29, 2004

Update May 2014 by Ludes, Catskills Reporter

As part of my reporter duties I decided to visit Aegis and see how this town has stood the passages of time. I was pleased to see the town, while slightly smaller, still stands.

It still sits in the beautiful glade south of the Yew moongate and host one of the oldest and most restful gardens in all of Britannia.
One note of interest is the name of the seahorse living in the pond. Surprisingly familiar….

Needless to say I was very happy to see this town still alive and well. and I plan to visit it often.

Aedon Durreah

Village of Aegis
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The sea horse is still there, but at least Kasaven removed the kraken. At this time there are a total of only 8 houses which make up Aegis. In her heyday the Glade had 43 houses which included the Knights Hall, Chapel of Gideon, The Knights Rest Tavern, the Saints and Spirits Tavern, a Library and a Museum.

Aedon Durreah

Village of Aegis
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I can try, but in all truth I suck as such things. shhhhh it is a secret.

What is still there.

The Knights Rest---Closed
Knights Hall-AKA Connemara
RBGY is in the old Aegis Gardens spot
Theo's House-Citizen of Aegis
Llyrwech's House-Citizen of Aegis
The two Library buildings towards the back of Aegis-Owned by one of the original members of KOY.

May be one other I am missing, will check later on.

Last edited:

Pandora_CoD

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you! If you need help, let me know. Be happy to provide my graphical expertise. :D