• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Advanced Char Tokens and SA

Skelf

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Any idea if an Advanced Character Token could be used to start a new SA character? Obviously this is with the idea that some of the new SA specific skills could be raised - Imbuing, Mysticism, Throwing.

I don't see an issue w Throwing. Unless Imbuing or Mysticism have to be quested for (a la Spellweaving), should these too not be available for a boost thru an ACT?

Many thanks to anyone who has an insight on this.

O

Old Man of UO

I read a statement from Chrissay in another thread about this same thing. If I read it correctly, she said that the tokens would not be available when the Expansion starts, but it is possible in the future. She would pass the request along.

So, it won't be available at the start, but is a definite maybe!

Skelf

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Having re-read the "official" description of an ACT...certainly doesn't look possible currently.

However attractive, I for one won't hold my breath waiting for that particular Mythic freebie...I will, I'm afraid, be working these skills from moment they are available.

Imbuing is undoubtedly a major shift in UO crafter dynamics. There will be major changes in many PvP setups and to a lesser extent in PvM templates. I say this with the persepective of having had GM crafters in UO in my first 5 years in this game, having lived through 6 years of crafting changes in Dark Age of Camelot and now, as a returned player, and having regained GM/120 in almost all the crafting skills again, seeing many of the DAoC crafting changes being re-enacted in UO. Overall, I approve..but there are some hard lessons incoming crafter peeps..)

"Interesting times"

Cheers all

Ewan