• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

active and dead shards

Samhain

Adventurer
Europa and Chesapeake are also active, but Atlantic is the most active of all shards. Some shards also still have very old guilds, roleplaying, etc. Different strokes for different folks...

Stinky Pete

Babbling Loonie
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Atlantic has a lot of people but no soul when was last time they had a full Christmas tree what percentage of the players at a dungeon event are real vs multi boxers again I'd recommend staying away except for shopping
This was my experience as well, when I came back around 2014 or so, I was on Great Lakes. I thought it was pretty much dead so I checked out Atlantic after people said it was busy. I saw a lot of players there so I paid to move all my characters over. I should have stayed on Great Lakes. Most of the players I met on Atlantic were void of personality or actual bots.

Then I went to Siege which was the smartest thing I ever did. Probably best to stick with a small shard in my opinion.

mihali

Sage
This was my experience as well, when I came back around 2014 or so, I was on Great Lakes. I thought it was pretty much dead so I checked out Atlantic after people said it was busy. I saw a lot of players there so I paid to move all my characters over. I should have stayed on Great Lakes. Most of the players I met on Atlantic were void of personality or actual bots.

Then I went to Siege which was the smartest thing I ever did. Probably best to stick with a small shard in my opinion.
I agree with you and @Anon McDougle except for one thing, that the people in Atlantic have no soul and no personality. Not everyone is bots there now-days anyway. I have met a lot of great people there that are very trustworthy as well, and I have used other players there that I hardly know to give them pets to transfer to another character and I have never gotten ripped off over there. Also people that are willing to help other players including new players. There are many immature people there, however this does not apply to everyone by any means, and some of the nicest people I've ever met were in Atlantic. Also Atlantic is not my main shard by do have characters there and I really mean what I say, from experience.

Also Atlantic is one of the most active shards for people are enjoying PVP play, and some of the best players and nicest players I ever met in the game are PVP players in Atlantic. PVP by itself does not necessarily make a shard bad or heartless etc. Not everyone is like that.

Atlantic is vastly more populated than other shards, and chances are you may bump on to some inappropriate, immature people, and some greavers by chance. However this is not the rule, and it's a little bit unfair to stigmatize the entire shard on account of a few inappropriate people.

Stinky Pete

Babbling Loonie
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I agree with you and @Anon McDougle except for one thing, that the people in Atlantic have no soul and no personality. Not everyone is bots there now-days anyway. I have met a lot of great people there that are very trustworthy as well, and I have used other players there that I hardly know to give them pets to transfer to another character and I have never gotten ripped off over there. Also people that are willing to help other players including new players. There are many immature people there, however this does not apply to everyone by any means, and some of the nicest people I've ever met were in Atlantic. Also Atlantic is not my main shard by do have characters there and I really mean what I say, from experience.

Also Atlantic is one of the most active shards for people are enjoying PVP play, and some of the best players and nicest players I ever met in the game are PVP players in Atlantic. PVP by itself does not necessarily make a shard bad or heartless etc. Not everyone is like that.

Atlantic is vastly more populated than other shards, and chances are you may bump on to some inappropriate, immature people, and some greavers by chance. However this is not the rule, and it's a little bit unfair to stigmatize the entire shard on account of a few inappropriate people.
Yeah, don't get me wrong, I met some real nice folks on Atlantic. But the vast majority of the characters you see are afk, bots, or not worth interacting with. Smaller shards are usually populated with groups of real people, which comes with its own set of problems. Personally, I prefer smaller shards.

Nyses

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah, don't get me wrong, I met some real nice folks on Atlantic. But the vast majority of the characters you see are afk, bots, or not worth interacting with. Smaller shards are usually populated with groups of real people, which comes with its own set of problems. Personally, I prefer smaller shards.
If all you do is pop into the Luna bank on Atlantic, you will see a lot of people you think are just bot accounts (most are just afk people sitting thier for whatever reason). Try getting into a guild and Discord and doing some hunting. Our guild does 4 or 5 hunts a week, with a lot more "one off" hunts from individuals. There are players from around the world. There are always guild members online.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If all you do is pop into the Luna bank on Atlantic, you will see a lot of people you think are just bot accounts (most are just afk people sitting thier for whatever reason). Try getting into a guild and Discord and doing some hunting. Our guild does 4 or 5 hunts a week, with a lot more "one off" hunts from individuals. There are players from around the world. There are always guild members online.
I guess you do not listen to Gen Chat very much then.

Nyses

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I guess you do not listen to Gen Chat very much then.
Perhaps I am just being dense tonight, but what do you mean by that? I keep gen chat on, usually, but pay little attention. It is typically just toxic. with Gen chat warriors going at it (and each others Moms), and some selling going on.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Perhaps I am just being dense tonight, but what do you mean by that? I keep gen chat on, usually, but pay little attention. It is typically just toxic. with Gen chat warriors going at it (and each others Moms), and some selling going on.
really makes for a welcoming shard doesn't it. Go to Atl get shopping/selling done and leave, that is the only thing Atl is good for.

Amber Witch

Babbling Loonie
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If you're looking for PvP there might be quiet shards. I'm not the one to answer that question but if you're looking for people to do dungeony type stuff I think if you ask around in GC most nights you'll find a group of people who do stuff. On the shard I play that means, for the most part, everyone is welcome to join in.

Outlaw Torn

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Got a crew on Napa if your looking to hang out! Other than that you can go to most shards and hit up the oni bots in the fan dancer dungeon. About 8 to 12 down there right now! I wonder who it could be???????