• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Account Migration - Ongoing Problems?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Please only post here if you are stil having problems with the account management system.

Please Tell us:

Is your account currently active?

What is the given cause of your problem? (ie cc not accepted etc)

What steps have you taken to address the problem?

If you rang EA please give the contact number that you dialed?

Did you get the name of the person you spoke to? (only answer yes/no here - do not publiclly name the EA rep)

H

Hackers Blow

I have multiple accounts and can get on all of them but one. EA has told me that it is going to be 2 weeks before I can get on my account. They all use the same credit card and was on the account the night before which was last Thursday night. I got an email saying my subscription has ended and is not set for renewal. This account is over 3 years old and is set up on auto monthly payments. Password has been changed and EA shows what I changed it too. Has latest patch. They don't know why I can not log on. This is the message I get when I log on. "We were unable to authenticate your login. Usually this means either a newer client patch is now available, or that the account name or password you provided are incorrect. Please check you Caps lock key and try reentering your account name and password. Please restart your client if you continue to receive this error. If this is a new account your account may not be active yet, please try again shortly. If you continue to experience problems please contact customer support." Good luck figuring this one out. I have been on the phone with EA over 6+ hours and I am now frustrated.

Packrat22

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
1. currently active( always been active)
2.So my problem was my credit card was not set to reuse as required, and they closed one of my accounts.
I go to account page and reenter creditcard info. They take payment all is good.
:sad3:Now a week later I am checking and they charged me twice. Now I have a new problem but at least I can play UO now.

Just have to search out that phone number.

K

Kayne

For those who are having trouble this page contains links to the UOHerald guides on the account management and also detailed information on how to change/remove your credit card information.

Account Management

N

nytemare

currently inactive
receiving no email for "forgotten password"
however i do not believe i forgot my password, i believe it is unaccepting of the account.
i try in uo and it tells me the normal "your account has been blocked or suspended"

i have tried ringing the 866 number (tho i don't always have the window to do so with work) and multiple chat sessions with "ea advisors" who have been able to do absolutely nothing other than giving me a number to dial when the reason i'm contacting them at this point is because the phone lines are offline at that time

N

NewThunder

I have two accounts I can't link; I can not remember the passwords, I called the CS service ((650) 628-1001 answered by a CS rep in Orono, Maine) number friday morning to be told they could not get into the system to help me, he asked for my phone number and said he was going to call me back at 10:00 AM EST Sunday morning; well that time has come and gone, I suppose I will have to call the CS number again and wait and wait. I was pretty sure I remembered the password for the accounts, I knew them for my other accounts. I can't understand who designed this system or how it is supposed to me anyone's life easier.

I just checked my Email, I got an email:

Subject: Thank you for contacting EA help (Case #XXXXXXXX)

Priority: Normal Date: Friday, November 11, 2011 12:07 PM Size: 9 KB

This support case is now closed.We have assigned a case number to this interaction and included it in your case history so you can refer to its details as needed. Your case number is XXXXXXXX. Please note that you may need to log in to view your case details.

As always, we strive to provide you with the world's best customer experience for the world's best games. By taking a short survey about your experience with EA, you can help us improve our service to you:

Click here to take Survey

Should you require additional help with this particular question, feel free to contact us right away and reference your case number. Your satisfaction with our products and the EA experience as a whole is our highest priority.

Sincerely,
inContact D.
EA Customer Experience
So I guess from the email the case is closed. I would have thought billing would be the one simple thing EA could get correct.

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I had a problem with my account.

I found the whole experience registering and linking my uoaccount a complicated one, I had to ask a friend to guide me through it over ventrilo. English is my first language and it should have been simpler for me to understand how to reactivate my account. After all, all i wanted to do was reactivate my subscription after my game time ran out. I found i had to give myself a nickname, a security question, and create an ea account and another password separate to my uo password then link the accounts.

Never before have i had so much effort giving my money away, if i was a new player and didn't know anyone who played, i'd have no chance of figuring out how to subscribe to ultima online.

C

Capn Kranky

^ this ...

I killed off the accounts during the AM changeover because of the inability to dope out what in the heck they wanted. Also, the inability to visually review CC/sub info is (to me) just a total fail.

I understand some of this is now cleared up ... much due to UO customers and not to EA. However, I have found that the extra cash in my pocket from not paying EA is so much nicer to have.

My thanks to past and present Devs who have made the game enjoyable to so many for so long. May it last a lot longer ...

Minerva Foxglove

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Having the following problem at the moment when trying to reactive an account that was blocked 2 days ago due to a missing renewal plan:

1, I pick 6month subscription
2, I enter credit card info
3, I press "confirm"
4, "Error There was an error processing your request. Return to the homepage."

Been having this problem for 2 days now.

I've tried: Updateing credit card information, removing and readding the card. (There is money on the card).

In the handle credit card info section of the account management I can see the following:

2011/12/02 6:13 PM ULTIMA ONLINE 180 DAY SUBSCRIPTION MISSLYCKAD(failed) - - € 67.99 499278457

One row for each attempt. I can find nothing on the net about this, atleast no resent posts.

I had no problems paying with the same credit card for another of my accounts a few weeks ago.

M

MariamATL

Same here. I even called support to no avail.....I have NEVER in my life had so much trouble giving money away!

Minerva Foxglove

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I didnt manage to reactivate the blocked account. My cc wasnt accepted , tried for a week. I mailed and got reply I had to phone, but living in Europa and seeing here how the results from phoning customer support... didnt. Soo I ended up buying a gametime code with this same cc and it worked . The prob not solved but atleast I got around it.

M

Miramis

After trying to reactivate an account today I am slightly (As in having my second G&T already) frustrated. First I had to go through all the hassle of trying to link my accounts but after that I couldnt start my 14 days free welcome back, as they would not accept any cc card I gave them, and I tried three. All stated the same:

"Error There was an error processing your request. Return to the homepage."

Sigh... well at least I'll be back on Europa soon as Ive started a new trial account which seem to work fine. Dying to see what happened since last.. does Trev still run the AH?? :D

Elric_Soban

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Congratulations on deleting my post. I'l post it again, coles notes style:

-New EA account page thing is ********
-Doesnt show UO as one of my games
-Cant retrieve any UO account info

D

DarkVoid

I just went through the same hassle, mine turned out to be corrupted credit card details on the only saved credit card on the account, deleting that and reentering them solved my problem.

As has already been stated by at least one other person in this thread, reentering credit card details might not help you reactivate your account. However, in my case, it actually worked! Trying to talk to email support was weird, it's like they don't actually know how to do this!

Kas Althume

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well i got an Email saying one of my accounts got deactived because of no billing informations on file. I'm so bored of having to do the same **** over and over again. I mean all accounts get paid by the same credit card since 1999, why do i have to enter them again and again since that migration crap?

If that nonsense doesnt stop soon i will just say feck it and let the crap decay. After all I'm paying for the houses, not that I'm activly playing anyways. Take my damn money and leave me with that spam alone.

thelma1717

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
lol ok here goes. had account over 8 years, tranfered it from atlantic, got luna city vendor on pac, person gets ahold of ea says it was hacked from him long ago, i log in everthing gone toons stripped, call ea they go oops your cc # has been on file over 8 years so iget it back with 6 free months lmao oh boy ! so i rebiuld get keep on ice island load it up. now mind you lola in tier 3 says he cant do that again well lol i log in and boom same thing everthing gone hacked by same person. now mesanna gets envolved i was the one who had the castle just outside luna city they gave me for my problems. now the account that held the castle was not envolved in the hacks. but guess what the same person gets into account management changes my accounts to himand castle gone lol 4 accounts stripped 11 years down the tubes !!!! so i go to castle with mesanna so she can get it back and guess what ! there is a guy named hemp said he just bought it 10 mins ago. when asked how much he paid for it he says a billion on atlantic lmfao [ya rite] no castle ie worth a bill lol sense i knew from before who the person is that hacked i said was it william barnett [aka] infamous on pac. he said yes ! how the hell did he know the persons name if he did not pay cash for it ??? i asked masanna to check and see if a billion was tranfered but lmao she knew this guy and i have heard nothing at all about getting anything back, same old ea rip offs hackers win players lose , sorry for the rant but i have had it. im drafting a letter with every single person ive talkes to in ea and will ask for there jobs !! this total incompetence , the letter will go to John Riccitiello ceo ea. thanx to all for the total enjoyment in this game its been so much fun just hate to see this !! by all and good hunting,

Chad Sexington

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
About 6 weeks ago I finally went to cancel my two remaining accounts. I followed the instructions in the threads that people pointed me to. I got to the new EA page where the accounts are now listed, but the step that brings you to the page where you deactivate the accounts wasn't working. I would click a link and instead of bringing me to a new page, the button did nothing.

Since then I was billed $120 for another 6 months each.

I haven't used either account in over a year, so that's $240 wasted.

I haven't called EA yet, so I guess it's my partially my fault.

Faerunner

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, I -HAD- an ongoing problem, and it took me FOURTY-SIX MINUTES to change a password! >_<

My account's been active and paid but the account migration screwed up my password somehow and I couldn't link the account to the new page, or log into the game.

Finally called them to get it figured out and my lovely support guy told me that he had no idea what was going on, since he could see my account and verify that it did in fact exist, but he could not see any character data associated with it and was having trouble sending a password reset email. He took about half an hour figuring THAT out, and finally sent TWO of them with random string passwords, neither of which worked, before resetting my password himself, manually, and that worked and let me log in and link the account and change the password. He was very nice and very apologetic but seemed to have no clue what he was saying. At one point he told me I'd have to log into the UO account management page to change my password... after I'd just told him I couldn't link the account and therefore couldn't change the password! I don't know if he thought that the old UO account pages were still up, or what!

But it took him 46 minutes of "let me put you on hold, I'm SO SORRY" before he figured it out.

Shouldn't support have been trained on this issue? I get the feeling I'm not the only one who had to deal with it, and I waited an awfully long time before calling because I figured they'd have sorted it out by now!

mspossi

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hello, to everione I am writing to you because I also have a problem with the new rules accounts for EA.

First: yes my account is active (still, and will depend on I can enter in my billing informations) what is happening is that I need to change the number of the my credit card in billing informations.
Because the credit card that is as active in my account has been cloned, and therefore I had to cancel this credit card, my bank has given me another but I can not in any way come into my own informations.
Second: I tried in every way into in my account, I tried with my login name and my password.
I tried using the email address that the billing information and my password to my account without result.
So I tried to creat a new account, but the page does not accept any of my email ????????
The only thing I want right now is to enter in my billing account and to change the another number of the credit card; I ask those responsible for the financial department of the EA: - I'm wanting more than is my right?
third: when the changed the billing system for bring too old, etc.
The EA ensures that the old accounts were not affected and no need to upgrade.
They do not antecipate that we somehow need to enter in your billing informations?
Finally my bill is due in february.:wall:
Please help me!
thx

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
1. password that goes with email address is NOT the one you log into game with.

2. put email address in as 'EA Account' and use 'lost password' button to get password for this account.

3. Go back to beginning, put email address in with password they send in answer.

4. Then put in 'mythic master account' box game account name with _uo on the end. This is where you use your log in password.

http://www.uoherald.com/node/452

mspossi

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
hello, first thank you for your quick response.
But, Petra, my login is the same game i used to enter my billing informations since 2004, only the password which I use in the game is not the same to get into this billing, for security reasons.
But I will follow your guide and answer tomorrow if I get back in touch with you.
thank you rolleyes:

mspossi

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hello, my password and my login works only on the support page, but i can not get into my billing data, on the page to put my email and password appears a small window in red with the following informations:
"The username or password you entered incorrect.
If you recently registered with SWTOR.com the password that you created there has become you new Origin/EA.com password" .
thx

mspossi

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Imanaged to solve this problem with a local EA. :thumbup:

Thank you for attentions.

Chad Sexington

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
About 6 weeks ago I finally went to cancel my two remaining accounts. I followed the instructions in the threads that people pointed me to. I got to the new EA page where the accounts are now listed, but the step that brings you to the page where you deactivate the accounts wasn't working. I would click a link and instead of bringing me to a new page, the button did nothing.

Since then I was billed $120 for another 6 months each.

I haven't used either account in over a year, so that's $240 wasted.

I haven't called EA yet, so I guess it's my partially my fault.
I just check it again and it looks like 1 of my 2 accounts actually did get canceled. Something was wrong with that page or something when I tried to cancel before.

Just down to 1 now... must unload pixels.

Redxpanda

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It was easier than i thought it was to recover my accounts. I think they would reduce the headache for any returning players by just saying (in plain writing) that your Mythic Master Account name is yourusername_uo. Password will be the same. This eliminates that problem for those who know their account info but just have no idea what a Master Account is.

If they did say that somewhere, i sure as hell couldn't find it.

Arroth Thaiel

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hello,

I have a problem with the account system and I'm hoping someone here will be able to get me to someone who can help me with it.

Here goes.

I have two UO accounts. Both are paid by 6 month subscription on auto-renewal. The subscriptions were set to "renew" on Jan 29th, 2012. Instead of renewing, in the afternoon of Jan 29th I got 2 emails, one for each account, saying that each account was deactivated because it was not set to auto renew.

I logged into the EA master account system this morning and renewed account number 1 no problem (using the same credit card I have had for the past couple of years, and which the previous subscriptions were both billed to, and which is saved in the EA master account system).

I used the drop down menu on the EA master account page and switched to account number 2. I went through the renewal process and at the final screen, where not 1 minute earlier I had renewed account number 1, I got an error message saying it would not renew account number 2. I am using the same credit card in both instances. The same credit card that both accounts were billed to 3 days ago, the same credit card that is saved in the EA master account system, and the same credit card that I just renewed account number 1 with not one minute eariler.

I have tried to renew account number 2 with the exact same setup 10 times now. The EA account system will NOT renew it.

I called EA customer support at 1-650-628-1001. I talked to a nice rep and got his name and a case number. He logged into my EA master account and could see both my accounts and that account 1 had been reactivated and that account 2 was not. He tried to reactivate account 2 and could not.

He told be he would bump my case up the line to a games specialist and that I would get an email in 2-3 days. Yes 2-3 days.

I was patient until this point. I have a castle on account number 2. I have had it since 1998. I told him this and he said, "I can't put a rush on this." I asked the rep if he could somehow get a message to the UO team to put a hold on my account and keep the castle from decaying until EA could get this sorted out and he said there really wasn't anything else he could do.

I have no where else to turn. If my castle decays before EA can fix their own mess, they loose both my accounts forever. Yes, you can have my stuff. I will never come back. (I guess if it decays you will automatically get my stuff.)

Am I totally overeacting here and the castle will be ok for 3 or 4 days? How about if they don't email me for 3 days and then it still takes a week for it to get fixed? I am not really playing at this point, just keeping the accounts active (well, trying to keep the accounts active) and have no idea what the current housing rules are or how to even begin sorting them out.

How in the hell can I get this EA mess fixed?

(It seems to me that EA is awfully messed up if your customers have to WORK to keep paying you.)

Ezekiel Zane

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Houses on Inactive Accounts

If your account becomes inactive for any reason, any house you own on that account will be set to "Condemned" status. An inactive account is one that has been cancelled or suspended for more than [highlight]90 days.[/highlight] If your account remains inactive for more than 90 days, your house will begin a decay period of about 5 days. If you reactivate your account within the initial [highlight]90-day grace period[/highlight] or before your house finishes its 5-day decay period, then it will return to its original status of "Primary."

So, in a nutshell, [highlight]you have 90 days to reactivate your account,[/highlight] or your house will vanish. But don't wait until the last moment!

Grandfathered houses follow the same rules, with one exception. You must reactive your account within the 90-day grace period in order to keep the Grandfathered status of your houses. If, instead, you reactive your account after that 90-day period, when the houses have started the 5-day decay cycle, then only the house that was most recently placed will be set to "Primary." All others will become condemned.

Note: Once you reactivate your game account, it can take up to 24 hours for the houses on your account to reflect this change. In other words, if your house has become condemned because your account was inactive, it can take up to 24 hours after your account becomes reactivated for your house to become un-condemned.
From the UOHerald:

Home Maintenance | Mythic Entertainment | Ultima Online

Arroth Thaiel

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks Ezekiel, I have it bookmarked now.

Now I guess I wait and see what EA actually says.

Edit 2/3/1012

Originally called Tuesday before noon. It is now 6:00pm on Friday. The CS rep said 2-3 days. It has now been 3 days and not a word from EA.

Terrible customer service. Absolutely terrible.

I tried to buy a 6-month code through EA's Origin Store, but since the Origin Store is linked to my borked EA master account, I can't use my CC to buy anything through the Origin store either. I wonder how much money EA is actually losing from this crap. (And yes my CC is just fine, bought fuel and food with it last night.)

I went ahead a used my paypal account to buy a 6-month subscription code. Applied no problem and my account is once again active.

We'll see if I bother to re-up either of them in 6 months. I'll probably forget now that they don't automatically just get put on my credit card.

Talk about cutting off your revenue stream.

shadowspirit

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Accts were shut off last night cause EA says CC was declined but yet my CC company shows no such decline,, I called EA the rep tryed to enter the CC info into my acct but she stated the CC cant be verified but yet I used this CC all the time and even bought 90$ worth of tokens and upgrades thru Origin store last week with it,, I called CC company back they stated there was no issues with my card it fine, EA states its a CC company issue yet the CC company says its EA cause there isnt even a denial flagged in their system for my cc,, figured since I just used the same CC at origin store last week I'd just buy game time code but wait now the origin store is saying can not verify the CC, so I went to pay for the wifes WOW acct and sure enough CC works just fine,, starting to think maybe I shouldnt of come back too play uo if these are the headaches I got to deal with guess my new house with be falling in 3 months like the rest have been

figured I'd try another CC and sure enough says that one cant be verified either now you tellling me 2 different banks are having the same issue at the same time highly unlikely lol

Arroth Thaiel

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
shadowspirit,

If you have a Paypal account, you can do what I did and use it to purchase a gametime code through the Origin Store.

However, if your using the same credit card as your Paypal funding source, that EA/Origin keeps declining, the Paypal transaction may not go through either. You may have to switch your Paypal funding to a direct payment. That's what I did. You might also try going into your EA Master/Origin Store account and strip out all the credit card info, then use the card through Paypal.

This all assumes you actually have a Paypal account and are willing to use it for this purpose.

Yes, it's a complete mess.

You'd think the first thing you'd want to get correct was the ability of your customers to pay you.

shadowspirit

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
tryed that clicked on pay with paypal but it doesnt ask me for my paypal info and just says thx for ordering u'll recieve a email but no email and shows no order history,, maybe i could drive too their front door and just hand them the cash might be easyer and simpler lmao

I ended up getting a new CC with a new ## and that did the trick for now lol

Arroth Thaiel

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It has now been a full ten (10) days since I spoke with EA and was told they would email me in 2-3 days.

I have still not heard a single thing back from them. No email, no return telephone call. Nothing.

I don't even know what to say about their "customer support".

I guess I will just have to wait and see what happens in six months when my accounts come due again.

Myphsar

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok,
I have a problem which can be solved but thats not the point.
My 2nd account didnt renew and wouldnt accept the same CC i have been using for years.
I had to buy game time from the store (which is cheaper anyway) using the same CC and had no problems.
Now, today my 1st account hasnt renewed and it looks like i will have to buy game time for that too.
Doesnt seem right, and something is still cleary broken.
Oh well, *goes off to buy game time*

Zapphod

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok,
My 2nd account didnt renew and wouldnt accept the same CC i have been using for years.
I had to buy game time from the store (which is cheaper anyway) using the same CC and had no problems.
Now, today my 1st account hasnt renewed and it looks like i will have to buy game time for that too.
Yeah I am the same, seems as my accounts come up for renewal my CC will be rejected it is bad enough that this monkey arsed arrangement will not let me buy any expansions because I live in New Zealand and the New Zealand EA store does not carry UO or Game time cards, now I am relegated to buying game time through "Pay by Cash" to keep things going.

For 13 years the existing system worked perfectly so someone obviously felt the need to f*** it up.

LadyNico

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok,
Replied to this before, Myph, but the stratics revert ate it.

I had the same thing happen. Credit card on auto-renew for well over a decade was declined for no identifiable reason.

A work around is to delete your CC information on the accounts site, then re-enter it again from fresh. Worked fine, the affected account is now back up & set to auto-renew. Again.

I have seven accounts, three of which are open and have been for well over ten years. No information changed. None. The sole change has been the account migration.

I plan on packing up & banking everything of sentimental value on the other two accounts as I have little doubt they will also hit this account glitch since those of us outside the United States seem to be being hit with monotonous regularity.

Rather than go to all the trouble of work-arounds, I'll simply welcome it as a good excuse to prune back my regular monthly UO expenditure from three accounts to one.

Archangel0

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Same problems with billing here!!!

For no reason the auto renew was declined on the card that has been billed for 7 years. Then I called my bank and they told me my card was ok. I tried again and still didn't go though. I then tried a gold unlimited Visa card which was also rejected by the system and then it rejected my black citibank mastercard!!!!

So after calling them they tell me to write a complain which I did. AND THEY ANSWERED ASKING ME TO CHECK MY CARD INFO WAS RIGHT, TO CALL MY BANK AND IF THAT FAILE TO TRY A DIFFERENT CARD!!!!!!!!
(all of the above has been stated in the original complaint! Don't these people even read the messages they get?)
How could my card info be wrong if its been accepted for 7 years? What a moronic question!

Now they have ansewred to wait 24 hours and then try a different card! Are they joking? I'm starting to get really angry and if I loose all the very expensive stuff I've collected in these years, I believe I will be very upset!

A gametime code would be a solution, but since they changed the Ultima shop to shop.origin I cant because I'm now in Germany for 4 months. and guess what, from here you're automatically redirected to shop.origin.de IN GERMAN! (which I'm here to learn = I don't understand a word) Well, with help from friends I found gametime code and surprise surprise, neither my cards nor my Paypal are accepted after checkout! WTF!!!! every day I buy some trinket on ebay germany or ebay us or any ebay and my paypal has NEVER been rejected.
It seems like a localization software engine that is really messing things up, and its not good. What need did they have to tamper with the billing system AGAIN! wasnt the fiasco 6 months ago enough???

My question now is what to do? has anybody found a propper work-arround to their moronic new billing system. Or should I start seeking legal advice?!http://vboards.stratics.com/images/icons/icon8.gif

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I had a problem with my payment not going through. I removed my card from the account information and put it all back in again exactly the same, the payment went through. NP.
If you're not sure how to do this there's a walk through here:
UO Stratics *New* | Account Management

adding a new card, or simply re-entering the existing one won't do it. You must remove the card details that are on record first.

Archangel0

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I had a problem with my payment not going through. I removed my card from the account information and put it all back in again exactly the same, the payment went through. NP.
If you're not sure how to do this there's a walk through here:
UO Stratics *New* | Account Management

adding a new card, or simply re-entering the existing one won't do it. You must remove the card details that are on record first.
Thanks a lot Petra! I'll be trying that as soon as the 24 hours they told me to wait are over. hehehe, wouldn't want to jynx whatever was supposed to happen in those 24 hours. But I already started by deleting from their files the 2 new cards.

I'll let you know how it went :)

T

TheSimkin

posting here just to bug petra.

no problems

i was able to login!

Rhiannon

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
1. password that goes with email address is NOT the one you log into game with.

2. put email address in as 'EA Account' and use 'lost password' button to get password for this account.

3. Go back to beginning, put email address in with password they send in answer.

4. Then put in 'mythic master account' box game account name with _uo on the end. This is where you use your log in password.

How to Log Into the Account Management Page | Mythic Entertainment | Ultima Online
I wanted to share my story on this. I was a UO vet from Nov. 1997. I played off and on until 2007. I had cancelled my account a couple of times but always came back. In 2007, I cancelled my account and didn't reinstate it.

This month (Feb 2012), I tried to reinstate the account and got caught up in the Mythic mess. I emailed them first and was sent a phone number to call them. I finally talked to a person and they spent 30 minutes looking for my account, using all the email addresses I've had since 1997. They couldn't look it up by my account name like the old days. The really nice guy finally told me that he thought the account had been deleted.

Then based on this email, I thought I would try something. There is a tab on the Mythic account site to link accounts. I used the USERNAME_uo and my password which I remembered and Wha La! It linked.

I noticed there was a dropdown in the account management that said "current account". I clicked it and my old account was showing. I selected it and there was all my old account info, the expansions I had purchased up to 2007, etc. I reinstated the account.

I then booted up the UO enhanced client (yeah I like it, so hush up), and logged in with my old account name and password, and there was my old account, with all the characters, 7 mil in the bank, everything except my old house sitting on the Sea of the Abyss (I will miss that place). I hope the new owner enjoys the home. I sure did.

So if you have an old account you want to activate and remember the password, you might be able to get it back.

Arroth Thaiel

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It has now been a full ten (10) days since I spoke with EA and was told they would email me in 2-3 days.

I have still not heard a single thing back from them. No email, no return telephone call. Nothing.

I don't even know what to say about their "customer support".

I guess I will just have to wait and see what happens in six months when my accounts come due again.
This is so funny, or sad, that I felt I had to share it. The above quote is from earlier in this thread, stemming from an issue in January 2012.

I just received this email (Thursday 4/5/2012 3:47 pm) from the "EA Help Center".

Greetings ***,

I apologize for the delay in our response to your issue with Ultima Online. We're sorry to keep you waiting so long for a reply.

Your case says that you were having some issues renewing your account however it would appear that both of the accounts on this email address are active. If you do still need assistance with a billing issue please let me know and I will be glad to assist you as soon as possible.

Again I am very sorry that you had to wait so long for a reply and we hope to serve you better in the future.

Thanks,

Electronic Arts Games Expert

It has been 2 full months.

At least the reply was pleasant and on topic.

Acid Rain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I gave up on the new system entirely. I cant set up my password. I cant log on my account (for billing). I dont understand what names/passwords/information they're requesting. Im just calling them on the phone whenever billing is needed. Its worked for me.
*Dials EA phone #* *Puts it on speaker phone* *Plays Xbox until someone answers*

Dropixel

EA Community Rep
VIP
Stratics Veteran
I gave up on the new system entirely. I cant set up my password. I cant log on my account (for billing). I dont understand what names/passwords/information they're requesting. Im just calling them on the phone whenever billing is needed. Its worked for me.
*Dials EA phone #* *Puts it on speaker phone* *Plays Xbox until someone answers*

Hello Acid Rain,

Please check your PMs. We should be able to help you get this sorted out.

Hannes Erich

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hello Acid Rain,

Please check your PMs. We should be able to help you get this sorted out.
Hello Dropixel! The other night, I was trying to help a guild member figure out how to access his original account from several years ago. He now knows about the username_uo trick, and he knows his username, but he can't remember his password, and even worse, he doesn't have access to that specific email account anymore.

So is there any hope for this guy, if he contacts customer service? Did EA/Origin use secret questions back then? Or, if he could answer enough questions correctly about the old account, would it allow ya'll to verify him as the owner of the account?

It's great to see an EA Community Rep in this thread, helping out. It was an awesome feeling, getting my own original account back after several years (I eventually remembered my password), so I'd like to spread the joy around.

Acid Rain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks for advice/response Dropixel. Just saw ur message & have class 9:30am-8:45Pm Wednesdays (with couple breaks inbetween - thank GOD) so I wont be doing anything today. I'll try sometime tomorrow or Friday to sort it out. I've really had nice folks on the phone tho, they're always very friendly and helpful. I just figured every so often I'd make my call but if I can get this sorted out I guess it would b more convenient on both sides. Thanks much for the attention Sir :thumbsup:
*Grabs books and runs out the door*:scholar:

Dropixel

EA Community Rep
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Hello Dropixel! The other night, I was trying to help a guild member figure out how to access his original account from several years ago. He now knows about the username_uo trick, and he knows his username, but he can't remember his password, and even worse, he doesn't have access to that specific email account anymore.

So is there any hope for this guy, if he contacts customer service? Did EA/Origin use secret questions back then? Or, if he could answer enough questions correctly about the old account, would it allow ya'll to verify him as the owner of the account?

It's great to see an EA Community Rep in this thread, helping out. It was an awesome feeling, getting my own original account back after several years (I eventually remembered my password), so I'd like to spread the joy around.
Thanks Hannes! I like to try and help anywhere I can. :) I sent you a PM with some suggestions for your friend.

Status
Not open for further replies.