• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Abyss Mini Champs

Klapauc

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
When i am fighting one of the [renowned] creatures, and another player comes along,why do they always decide they need to drop some ev's, shot arrows or sick their pet on the thing.Especially when i was alone during the whole spawn and was looking forward to an interesting fight. This is fine with the ratmen or goblins,as they are no real danger.But if someone decides to engage one of the other creatures,he usually does it on his own will and perhaps because of a good and narrow fight.
I always thought one of the golden mmo rules is "don't mess with other peoples fight" .
Do not understand me wrong,its perfectly fine to stay around and help with a rezz when things go wrong.

Winker

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Limited spawn, time Constraints and I pay to play not watch you

Klapauc

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This wasnt directed a the people who want to do the spawn,observed this alot from random trespassers who then walked away.

Winker

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This wasnt directed a the people who want to do the spawn,observed this alot from random trespassers who then walked away.
Ok that’s a different matter.

The other night, I was down the abyss, some angry little man started shouting rude names at me for helping him kill the renowned. My motivation here was not to loot his kill, but to speed things along as, one these renowned’s take a bit of time to solo and my time was limited to 30 mins game play. Secondly this was the only spawn to get the regs I needed to imbue my suit. But still this angry little man thought he had the right to own the spawn as he was there first.

I can understand leaving people alone if I can hunt the same spawn else where, but the devs have seen fit to limit the imbuing regs to one spawn area, which was going to work up to arguments over who has the right to be there. Normally people would take turns in killing a limited spawn like the swoop, but with a spawn like they have in the abyss this is just not practicable.

TBH I am glad we are on a low populated shard, I cant imagine how it is on a shard like Atlantic where loads of people are all chasing the same thing.

But to get back to you’re point, I don’t understand why anyone would just stop by help kill a renowned and move on, unless they think they are being helpful.

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I ask if a hand is needed, unless the person I happen on is close to dead and I'm looking to divert attention away from them til I can heal them. TBH, it gets up my nose so far it raises my hat if someone comes along and just piles in on whatever I happen to be killing without asking; it's just plain rude. I don't 'own' any spawn, but if I'm there and killing it, then bugger off and leave me to it unless you're prepared to ask me first! On the other side of that coin, I HATE when I get down to the abyss and find some ignorant git has been through almost every mini champ to the point of spawning the renowned, then buggered off and left it for the next person along. That's rude too!

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I, too, ask first before helping, and usually only with the ratmen. Many times when I've been down there we've all gone our seperate ways till the renowned spawned, then teamed up to take it out so that we can re-start the spawn.

Winker

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
TBH, it gets up my nose so far it raises my hat if someone comes along and just piles in on whatever I happen to be killing without asking; it's just plain rude. I don't 'own' any spawn, but if I'm there and killing it, then bugger off and leave me to it unless you're prepared to ask me first! !

You see I think other wise. It’s my belief that I pay to play the same as you. I don’t see it as your spawn or my spawn for that matter. This is a big problem with the game IMHO people think just as they got there before me the monster belongs to them.

I don’t ask anyone to pay my monthly subs, so why should I ask them if I can kill a monster I have paid to kill?

But to avoid confrontation I will always look for an alternative spawn if someone is at the one I want to do, but this cant be done in the abyss. This is why I prefer to do all my hunting in fel, first there is a good chance no one else is there, so you have the spawn to yourself. Secondly if you feel that some one is being rude, you have the option to fight them and send them packing.

Its not my intent to be arrogant, its just my view is that I pay to play, same as everyone else. I should not be forced to ask people whom I may not even like if I can join in, the same as I don’t expect them to ask me if they can join me.

Like I said no arrogance intended, just a difference in opinion.

Edit: Just like to add, today i have had 8 people come along and just start killing the same turkey as me. Not one of them asked if they could join in, they just did. No crying from me! No stamping my feet shouting this is my Turkey, NOW SOD OFF. Nope just took it on the chin and moved on.

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I find it to be a matter of courtesy; I pay to use the roads the same as everyone else, but we'd be in more of a state of chaos than normal if that led me to barge everyone out of the way because I've paid to use it too. Ditto buses, libraries, etc etc. Life is much more pleasant if we take it in turns to do things, or work together on them, irrespective of whether we've paid to do those things or not.

Remember the town invasions? I lost count of the times I either just recalled out or my pets died, because people were quite happy to use them as tanks, and would even drag spawn to them, but for some reason didn't see why they should help to heal them. That includes at least 4 players that I know to have been playing for far longer than I have and who couldn't seem to get their heads around the idea that if the pets died, the mobs would be looking round within seconds for something else to kill. I got tired of my pets dying, so I got into the habit of simply recalling out and leaving them to it.

Like life, our game is a much better experience for all of us if we observe basic courtesies towards each other.

Winker

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I find it to be a matter of courtesy; I pay to use the roads the same as everyone else, but we'd be in more of a state of chaos than normal if that led me to barge everyone out of the way because I've paid to use it too. Ditto buses, libraries, etc etc. Life is much more pleasant if we take it in turns to do things, or work together on them, irrespective of whether we've paid to do those things or not.

Remember the town invasions? I lost count of the times I either just recalled out or my pets died, because people were quite happy to use them as tanks, and would even drag spawn to them, but for some reason didn't see why they should help to heal them. That includes at least 4 players that I know to have been playing for far longer than I have and who couldn't seem to get their heads around the idea that if the pets died, the mobs would be looking round within seconds for something else to kill. I got tired of my pets dying, so I got into the habit of simply recalling out and leaving them to it.

Like life, our game is a much better experience for all of us if we observe basic courtesies towards each other.
Ah now you want to point to real life situations in a fantasy game. I play UO to get away from REAL LIFE, as soon as I sit behind the keyboard and choose a character I like to Roll Play that character not act as I would in real life.

Yes you pay to use the roads as we all do, but we are all bound by legal use of the roads as and how we drive on them. So you can’t push or “barge” people out the way, without falling foul to the law. Bad analogy.

Buses? I don’t ask anyone if I can sit on a free seat on the bus. Real life is bound by Rules, you cant just go around doing things as you suggest to other people or you would be in jail.

But if this “helping kill a monster” was illegal in game you would get banned, but its not illegal, so don’t go pulling real life legal analogies into a roll playing game.

I have 7 characters I play, each one with his own persona, I don’t look at each one as an extension of my real life. I see them as an escape from the real world into a world of fantasy where I can be a badass red murder and kill people or a noble paladin slaying dragons saving the world. I don’t ask you to share my fantasy with me I just ask that you respect the fact that I have paid to play as you have, and as long as im not breaking the rules why get upset?

TBF I doubt for a single minuet that anyone would be spouting verbal diarrhoea at me in real life the way they do in game and think they would walk away from it without me putting them on there back end. So if you really think that you want to compare real life with the game, ask you’re self this: Would I really say this to him in real life and get away with it?

As you pointed out if your not happy doing the spawn with others then leave and come back at another time when no one is there, you’re not forced to share the spawn. But neither do you have to stamp your feet at some one who wants to do the same thing as you. IMHO that is ruder.

And that’s the point to this whole thread OPINION. Just because some one has a different one from who ever is doing the spawn does not make them wrong. As long as they are playing within the game rules Respect there opinion and live with it or move on. When some one gets upset at me and starts spouting verbal diarrhoea at me for doing something they don’t agree with, it just ends up a mess with me digging my feet in further.

Live long and prosper.

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The legalities might not apply, and I understand that you play to escape real life - I play to escape the four of my five children who still live at home! However, the principle remains the same; courtesy costs nothing and makes everyones life more pleasant :)

Winker

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The legalities might not apply, and I understand that you play to escape real life - I play to escape the four of my five children who still live at home! However, the principle remains the same; courtesy costs nothing and makes everyones life more pleasant :)
One last time....
In My Honest "OPINION" I dont think I am being Discouryous.

One more time just in case:

In My Honest "OPINION"

Just becase my "OPINION" is different from yours does not make it wrong

What’s sociably acceptable in your part of the world may be different from what’s sociably acceptable in mine. Learn to understand and accept that other People are entitled to have their own opinions, which may differ from your own but still stay within the boundaries of the game law.

Heart Breaker

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I, for one, think the renowneds are a waste of time. Loot is crap and they're too overpowered (the ratmen anyway). If I'm going to farm imbuing ingredients, it's usually at the rat spawn. And if you're taking a week to kill a stupid renowned, wasting the time I have set aside to collect ingredients, then you're going to get that thing discorded and a couple of EVs popped up. It's not about you, it's about getting what we need so we can move on to more fun things ingame.

Imbuing ingredients are the only reasons I go into the SA dungeon at all. So when I go, I'm not planning on staying for a long time.

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
One last time....

In My Honest "OPINION"

What’s sociably acceptable in your part of the world may be different from what’s sociably acceptable in mine. Learn to understand and accept that other People are entitled to have their own opinions, which may differ from your own but still stay within the boundaries of the game law.

Um, I don't believe I said anything about it not being your opinion. Just as what I posted was my opinion and what others posted was their opinion. And I don't think I said that everyone had to agree with me either. Been distracted this afternoon, but I'm pretty sure that's not what I said!

Aurelius

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
One last time....

In My Honest "OPINION"

Perhaps you'd do better to stop doing the equivalent of 'stamping your little feet' by making text appear in red, and do what you claim to believe in and accept other people's opinions. Read carefully, nobody called you 'right or wrong', they said what they believed was the case - and got some pretty rude, self-righteous preaching as a result.

Winker

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Perhaps you'd do better to stop doing the equivalent of 'stamping your little feet' by making text appear in red, and do what you claim to believe in and accept other people's opinions. Read carefully, nobody called you 'right or wrong', they said what they believed was the case - and got some pretty rude, self-righteous preaching as a result.
And your intitled to yours too!

D

Der Rock

When i am fighting one of the [renowned] creatures, and another player comes along,why do they always decide they need to drop some ev's, shot arrows or sick their pet on the thing.Especially when i was alone during the whole spawn and was looking forward to an interesting fight. This is fine with the ratmen or goblins,as they are no real danger.But if someone decides to engage one of the other creatures,he usually does it on his own will and perhaps because of a good and narrow fight.
I always thought one of the golden mmo rules is "don't mess with other peoples fight" .

Do not understand me wrong,its perfectly fine to stay around and help with a rezz when things go wrong.

LOOOOL :wall:
dont you think YOUR behavior is antisocial ?
WHAT belongs to you??
the monster?
the dungeon?
the shard?

jesus, go play your game and expect from other they play their game also...
and DONT be afraid, there will spawn MORE "renowned" ,it wasnt the last of the shard.

sry,but i realy hate these selfish behavior ,

(p.s. go kill giant turkeys,ALONE)

jbfortune

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It does bug me that people get annoyed at other people helping to kill things.

Especially things in the Abyss. Only certain things drop what I need, I'm not going to wait for some one to take an age killing a renound, when I need stuff right away!

More REAL world examples to help along with the argument. If I saw some one being attacked in the street by a huge wolf and I had a large sword on me, I certainly wouldn't think twice about slaying it without stoping first and asking "hey, need me to help you kill that huge wolf thats attacking you or do you have this one?" Especially if the Wolf had eaten my gold coins.