• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

About the houses on Siege Perilous

OldAsTheHills

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If a player is friended or owns or co-owns a house and that player
attacks another player not in his/hers guild and also runs into that house,
that house should become public and the banning gump should be timed out
for two minutes. The doors also will have security temporarily openned to
the public.

If the idea above is implemented by the developers only on Siege Perilous,
then this will remove the house hiding problem.

I would like to see house to house fighting on SP.

How about you?

*stares*
Yahaxithonix

A

ayahuasca

will they leave their shoes at the door?
If so, I don't see a problem

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I thought you couldn't go into a house if you were flagged as aggressor? I'm sure that was brought in to stop people running out of a house, attacking someone and running back in.

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think he means to stop the house hiding... you can be aggressor... if you are already in a home.

Personally, I have no idea why we have an invisible shield around our private houses... its ********. Everyone should be given 2 master keys that can lock/unlock any door you place in your home and teleporters should only have 1 access level (anyone.)

Whether you home is public or private, anyone should be able to enter it.

Private homes should allow texas law.

Public homes (for a monthly tithe) should allow guardzone protection so they can properly police their establishments.

C

CroakerTnT

Get rid of private houses
Get rid of door locks
Make all teleporters accessed to "anyone"
Kill all the guards

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Get rid of door locks
Kill all the guards
That's a little too far... not everyone comes here to pvp, even if everyone comes here for the pvp....

OldAsTheHills

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I remember five years ago being involved on Atlantic/Felucca with a major house to house
battle. There were about 100+ reds plus 100+ blues with goal occupying the houses.

We really do not need to wait for the developers on this one. The event runners just
dropped their houses private status and openned door securities. They still did not allow
containers to be looted even then!
It takes sometimes just WILL to stage something. They did require each guild to be all
red or all blue. The blues got rewarded on the Trammel side if they won, the reds got
rewarded on the Felucca side if they won.
It was declared a partial win for both... Prizes were proportionally giving out.
The battle lasted 4 hours and some odd minutes before the event was called.

Today on Atlantic it has gotten more difficult to stage due to lack of cooperation.
The last event got raided and was called off just as it started.
Too bad...Atlantic Felucca is about 3 years behind Siege Perilous in behavior.

I think that behavior of the aggressor should not necessarily have that option of
escaping to a friendly house. Players would have to rethink how they would do
melee and where. If a guild does not want players inside their house just stay away
from them and avoid triggering accessibility upon enter.
I do only want this action to be triggered by the aggressor openning the door.

As for players who just stand inside their safe zone, well atleast you see them and
have a chance for them to open up that safe zone to melee.
It also gives the thieves a chance sneaking in.:eyes:

I remember having such a small house with those keys! I could live... and did
die with that option. But, my house is in Malas on Atlantic today...
Yes, I did have vendors even then!

*stares*
Yahaxithonix

Temporary Jeremiah (JSV)

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I remember five years ago being involved on Atlantic/Felucca with a major house to house
battle. There were about 100+ reds plus 100+ blues with goal occupying the houses.

We really do not need to wait for the developers on this one. The event runners just
dropped their houses private status and openned door securities. They still did not allow
containers to be looted even then!
It takes sometimes just WILL to stage something. They did require each guild to be all
red or all blue. The blues got rewarded on the Trammel side if they won, the reds got
rewarded on the Felucca side if they won.
It was declared a partial win for both... Prizes were proportionally giving out.
The battle lasted 4 hours and some odd minutes before the event was called.

Today on Atlantic it has gotten more difficult to stage due to lack of cooperation.
The last event got raided and was called off just as it started.
Too bad...Atlantic Felucca is about 3 years behind Siege Perilous in behavior.

I think that behavior of the aggressor should not necessarily have that option of
escaping to a friendly house. Players would have to rethink how they would do
melee and where. If a guild does not want players inside their house just stay away
from them and avoid triggering accessibility upon enter.
I do only want this action to be triggered by the aggressor openning the door.

As for players who just stand inside their safe zone, well atleast you see them and
have a chance for them to open up that safe zone to melee.
It also gives the thieves a chance sneaking in.:eyes:

I remember having such a small house with those keys! I could live... and did
die with that option. But, my house is in Malas on Atlantic today...
Yes, I did have vendors even then!

*stares*
Yahaxithonix
i think this is an awesome idea, im willing to make mine public for a couple days if we can get a few other luna houses on board. say krystals/the to house/the jsv house. make all the containers friends or higher so noone looses anything and we can duke it out for control of each others pads.

OldAsTheHills

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I thought you couldn't go into a house if you were flagged as aggressor? I'm sure that was brought in to stop people running out of a house, attacking someone and running back in.
I believe you are correct about that today... but they did not have that
back then... and I believe it does not apply to Siege Perilous today...
someone needs to test this out!

*stares*
Yahaxithonix

QueenZen

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Get rid of door locks
Kill all the guards
I don't want Wyrm in my house :) besides he would hate the one floor it is all BLUE granite tables and beds and blue tiles and blue rugs and blue well ...he would just froth at the mouth to see all that blue on my blue floor room. He might like my red floor though...but I dun want him in my house...he can kill be all over as is................why does he need to be allowed in my bedroom it is all.......... BLUE ! lol NOOOOOOOOOOOOO !

The only other issue with teleporters accessed to anyone is till EA UO stops scammers .........some folks just do not wish those cheaters in their homes looting everything ...yes even if their chests are all set to owner ..no one trusts just *anyone* IN their homes period and they would not want just anyone in their homes..(pking aside)..not many will want *just anyone* inside around their private home chests and containers even if set to owner only some cheats get around that too IF they can get in.