• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

About the female paperdoll faces in SA client

• Thread starter AtlanteanAngel
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
A

AtlanteanAngel

(I first posted this on UOForums, and the thread garnered no replies. But the more I open paperdolls both PCs and NPCs in the SA client, the more I'm convinced this issue really exists.)

----------------------------------------

How is it that among both PCs and NPCs, the male faces are all different (ie. a healthy variety of different faces used), but the female faces all appear to be the same?!?

I can understand if the EA server all spawned the same faced females for NPCs(though their males have variety, why not females? don't make sense), but player characters? That's just dubious.

I was wondering if this might be a bug, ie. players chose different faces in their character creation, but the SA client (or server side bug possibly) displays all female faces as the same?

Anyone have any graphical screenshot proof of different female faces in SA client? (not including your own character's paperdoll).

F

Fink

All the NPCs, male or female, seem to have the default face. I have seen a few player characters who have different faces. I would think those few reflect the smaller number of EC users among us, or at least those who are aware of the body sculptor and interested in using it.

A

AtlanteanAngel

All the NPCs, male or female, seem to have the default face. I have seen a few player characters who have different faces. I would think those few reflect the smaller number of EC users among us, or at least those who are aware of the body sculptor and interested in using it.
Thanks a lot for your reply Fink! Yes, it makes perfect sense. I almost forgot that Legacy client users are stuck with that default face. Which means most player characters with 'that (default) face' are probably using the Legacy client.

For a moment there, it was like the conspiracy of the alien body snatchers. I was starting to get a little worried. But now it all makes sense. Thanks, Fink!

F

Fink

I compulsively check my paperdolls every time I have more than one client session running. There was a point where changing forms (eg: ninja) would reset your paperdoll to default body/face and I'm still suspicious it'll revert whenever I'm playing it.