• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

About Balanced Bows and a proposal

Omnius

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Uh, wrong, big time.
If a player runs around with a one handed weapon and no shield he has no mods from that shield.

The most common mods being dci/hci in the hands of any weapon user. Explain to me how that is wrong? Hell I have 13/13 on every character I own that wields a shield.

C

Connor_Graham

If a player runs around with a one handed weapon and no shield he has no mods from that shield.

The most common mods being dci/hci in the hands of any weapon user. Explain to me how that is wrong?
I specified a BUSHIDO dexxer, which would lose all but 5% of Parry if they used a shield. By using Bushido, they get 50% HCI along with all of the other Bushido skills, so no, they wouldn't be losing a thing.

M

mr.blackmage

Basically what I am getting from this thread is that a bunch of archers think that they should be able to do everything a melee'er can do, except at range and on the run.

Uh? Where's the drawback from being able to hit 8-10x further than any other dexer class? I don't even understand how people die on archers. Against mages just stay away and run to your hearts content until you're full again, and against dexers, well... If you get hit, you're pretty terrible.

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I specified a BUSHIDO dexxer, which would lose all but 5% of Parry if they used a shield. By using Bushido, they get 50% HCI along with all of the other Bushido skills, so no, they wouldn't be losing a thing.
And they also lose access to special moves if they rely on Lightning Strike for HCI. I don't think you PvP if you think using lightning strike is better than using specials. :/

So, yeah. You're wrong here.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Require some degree of skill for the balanced mod on bows to work.

Currently only archers do not suffer from disarming their offensive or defensive strengths.

50 armslore, alchemy or taste id would level a huge imbalance in game mechanics for pvp. As archers currently still suffer next to no drawbacks it's time we require some skills to put it in line without removing the mod altogether from the game.
Try kill anyone with an old school archer, most times you will dye trying.

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Archers have been nerfed enough thanks. They already have drawbacks in that they have no option of having a 1 handed weapon, and can't use Parry.
Melee weapons don't have the option to hit at range.

So Archery has been given all of the advantages that the other melee skill shave... with only ONE disadvantage... can't use parry.

Well swell, neither can a melee character who doesn't have the skill.

Remove dismount from archery special moves and add [balanced] to the inventory of item properties for ALL weapons.

Not just that, make it so the item property [balanced] takes 2 item property slots.

C

Connor_Graham

And they also lose access to special moves if they rely on Lightning Strike for HCI. I don't think you PvP if you think using lightning strike is better than using specials. :/

So, yeah. You're wrong here.
along with all of the other Bushido skills

Nope. And don't try telling me no one in PvP uses Bushido.

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Melee weapons don't have the option to hit at range.

So Archery has been given all of the advantages that the other melee skill shave... with only ONE disadvantage... can't use parry.

Well swell, neither can a melee character who doesn't have the skill.

Remove dismount from archery special moves and add [balanced] to the inventory of item properties for ALL weapons.

Not just that, make it so the item property [balanced] takes 2 item property slots.
Exactly, archery actually has more advantages than melee skills. Hits at a range, does more damage (with several bows at least), still pretty fast with a 40 ssi heavy x-bow, and don't say it's slow when your stam is knocked down, thats what balanced and total refresh does, and in addition to that archers rarely get hit by meleers to knock their stamina down. Can also hit while moving, dismount at a range without bolas, etc.

:/

C

Connor_Graham

Every template has it's advantages and disadvantages. Saying Archery shouldn't have balanced bows is no different than saying meleers shouldn't be able to disarm and mages shouldn't have mage weapons.

Geez, get off the archers already. The subject has gotten old.

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Basically what I am getting from this thread is that a bunch of archers think that they should be able to do everything a melee'er can do, except at range and on the run.
Where are you getting that? How much exactly are you reading on this thread? I don't see anywhere where people are asking for more abilities on archers. Rather, I see people arguing for less abilities and more nerfing.

I don't even understand how people die on archers.
Try playing an archer. Even if you do have an "ubber" bow, you can't always kill everyone, even mages.

Vexxed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A simple observation.....

If you broke all PvPer's into 3 category's...

1) Mages

2) Dexxers

3) Archers

Which Category would have the most? I'm betting on Archers by a landslide.... people aren't stupid.. Archery offers far more benefits than the up cloes and personal approach..

DONE..:blushing:

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
A simple observation.....

If you broke all PvPer's into 3 category's...

1) Mages

2) Dexxers

3) Archers

Which Category would have the most? I'm betting on Archers by a landslide.... people aren't stupid.. Archery offers far more benefits than the up cloes and personal approach..

DONE..:blushing:
QFT

M

mr.blackmage

Where are you getting that? How much exactly are you reading on this thread? I don't see anywhere where people are asking for more abilities on archers. Rather, I see people arguing for less abilities and more nerfing.

Try playing an archer. Even if you do have an "ubber" bow, you can't always kill everyone, even mages.
I'm getting that from people saying that archery has been nerfed enough and other complaints that it doesn't have specials like bleed, and that it can't use parry. The people asking for nerfs to archery have it right, it is still overpowered. And if you can't kill anyone given 100+ attempts (since you can run away at any point in time after you take any damage whatsoever and try it again), then I don't know what to tell you... You shouldn't be dying as an archer vs a mage or a dexer, and the RNG will give you your 2 hit kill eventually, regardless of parry or DCI.

C

Connor_Graham

The people asking for nerfs to archery have it right, it is still overpowered.
As long as Archers are a viable template in PvP people will be calling it overpowered, whether it is or not.

Archers have no defense, only offense, so if someone can't figure out a way to kill one, that's their problem to figure out, and doesn't require a nerf.

W

Wallenstein

Require some degree of skill for the balanced mod on bows to work.

Currently only archers do not suffer from disarming their offensive or defensive strengths.

50 armslore, alchemy or taste id would level a huge imbalance in game mechanics for pvp. As archers currently still suffer next to no drawbacks it's time we require some skills to put it in line without removing the mod altogether from the game.
I have always believed it'd be fair if archers needed to have at least 115.0 (preferably 120.0) Archery in order to use a balanced bow. If you think about it, you need to be a very.. very skilled archer to drink potions while shooting a bow.

M

mr.blackmage

As long as Archers are a viable template in PvP people will be calling it overpowered, whether it is or not.

Archers have no defense, only offense, so if someone can't figure out a way to kill one, that's their problem to figure out, and doesn't require a nerf.
Um Connor, the defense is the fact that they are already nearly offscreen as it is, and can simply run off screen at ANY point in time, and still do damage to you while they are healing and running away. Running is an archers defense, which is why they should get hit maybe once or twice a minute from a dexer if they are playing correctly. Against mages, they can simply run away as soon as they have to stop to cast a spell, and they can also hit the mage with moving shot and quickly turn the cards around, even while running away. My belief? Archers should move at a slower speed if they have been engaged in combat within the last 10 seconds.

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Um Connor, the defense is the fact that they are already nearly offscreen as it is, and can simply run off screen at ANY point in time, and still do damage to you while they are healing and running away. Running is an archers defense, which is why they should get hit maybe once or twice a minute from a dexer if they are playing correctly. Against mages, they can simply run away as soon as they have to stop to cast a spell, and they can also hit the mage with moving shot and quickly turn the cards around, even while running away. My belief? Archers should move at a slower speed if they have been engaged in combat within the last 10 seconds.
Yeah, and mages can do that too, as well as use a shield. And with their fc/fcr they can cast off those mini heals while running as well. But you don't see people whining about that. And if you got a decent dexer you can easily chase down an archer and kill them. I seriously don't see your point here. I see archers get killed just as often as I see every other class.

C

Connor_Graham

Then maybe you should try knocking them off their mount.

What's the matter? You said you never lose on your mage. That must have changed huh?

Awww.

Omnius

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Every template has it's advantages and disadvantages. Saying Archery shouldn't have balanced bows is no different than saying meleers shouldn't be able to disarm and mages shouldn't have mage weapons.

Geez, get off the archers already. The subject has gotten old.
In fact the thread is about more skill requirements to promote balance. The posters that have claimed balanced works perfectly have made this an archery bashing thread by refusing to carefully discuss the topic at hand.

Essentially you want as many bonuses as you can with no drawbacks, very reasonable if you're an advocate of 1 play type but not if you prefer overall balance. I've got a lot of chars. The most blatantly overpowered is an archer with slightly better than average pvp gear. Balanced bows are a problem, and removal isn't warranted but a skill requirement is in dire need.

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah, and mages can do that too, as well as use a shield. And with their fc/fcr they can cast off those mini heals while running as well. But you don't see people whining about that. And if you got a decent dexer you can easily chase down an archer and kill them. I seriously don't see your point here. I see archers get killed just as often as I see every other class.
Oh, you mean a mage can interrupt an archer from hitting them with an offensive attack?

nope.

Oh, you mean an archer needs to stop in order to perform an offensive maneuver?

nope.

Oh, you mean double clicking someone is all it should take in order to dismount the opponent?

perhaps?

Oh, you mean hitting at a range isn't a viable advantage all in it's own... it still needs to incorperate almost every single advantage the other combat skills had going for them?

Definately.

Oh, wait... you mean the archery skill should remain superior to the other 3 just because... you say so, without any reason for it at all.

The end.

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Lots agree with this proposal, only a vocal minority don't.
Well of course you'd say that, you made this thread, lol. Make it a poll so we can be sure that is a true statement and not just a biased speculation. Really, I would like to see an actual poll as opposed to a simple flame thread.

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
But be sure to be specific on the poll, some people just leave it vague.

Omnius

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
But be sure to be specific on the poll, some people just leave it vague.
I believe stratics plus is required for poll creation but if someone would make the poll, I would word it tightly.

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I believe stratics plus is required for poll creation but if someone would make the poll, I would word it tightly.
No, it isn't. I can make polls and I don't have it. Give it a try...unless you really don't want to :p

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
To make a poll, simply hit "New Thread" and below the message box there are a number of options, one particular one that says "Post a poll" Tis under miscellaneous options, attach files, and thread subscriptions.

S

Sheridan

That is how the old forums worked... which is no longer the case. The new forums allow anyone to post a poll on forums for which it is activated (that includes the UHall).

Goldberg-Chessy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What are you talking with your "dynamics" statement?

Please explain to me exactly what the 'dynamics" are and how balanced bows are altering them.
While it was plainly obvious by my post the dynamics of pvp do include the fact that playing UO, most people must macros 3 times to chug a pot and return to maximum capability. Disarm/Chug/Rearm(with delays between all in most cases). Thats a huge time requirement to do legitimately(some folks do use cheating programs to streamline this process. If you don't think everyone having balanced and still no skill requirement wouldn't alter pvp in a big way, you have no concept of how anything in any game works on a macro-scale.

The rest of your post was riddled with trolls, re-state them in a manner that is polite and I may address your thoughts.
My bad :(

The ridiculous 3-part chug line you posted just blew my mind.

"Most" people must macro 3 times to chug eh?

Warriors without shields are using 1 key bud. I realize that you may have never been to Felucca but go take a look sometime because MOST warriors are using 1 handed weps and no shield. And the ones that arent most certainly are able to(if you cant figure out how to set a 1 key UOA macro to drop shield and chug you shouldnt be playing btw) Thats the big difference that you just cant comprehend. Archers have no option. All their weapons are 2 handed.

Mages that are actually playing Mages are only using 1 key to chug bud.

Thieves are chugging with 1 key bud.

Can you plz explain to who are these 3-part chuggers that you speak of? Because you most certainly stated that "most" players are using 3 macros to chug lol.

Omnius

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My bad :(

The ridiculous 3-part chug line you posted just blew my mind.

"Most" people must macro 3 times to chug eh?

Warriors without shields are using 1 key bud. I realize that you may have never been to Felucca but go take a look sometime because MOST warriors are using 1 handed weps and no shield. And the ones that arent most certainly are able to(if you cant figure out how to set a 1 key UOA macro to drop shield and chug you shouldnt be playing btw) Thats the big difference that you just cant comprehend. Archers have no option. All their weapons are 2 handed.
never been in a situation which had you hitting keys in rapid fashion or had more than just chug macros? I doubt you've seen much action if you didnt realize how new you sounded or accustomed to a third party program which makes players not need to think about that...

Mages that are actually playing Mages are only using 1 key to chug bud.
you really see alot of wrestle mages? Looking around 3 shards I found 2 barehanders at champ spawns and they were admittedly older builds that had gone somewhat out of date(except for dueling). Those other mages I saw? Books or weapons.

Thieves are chugging with 1 key bud.
thieves who haven't rearmed or only chug near towns are 1 key chugging. those of us who rob at champs would be idiots if we were 1 key chuggin.

Can you plz explain to who are these 3-part chuggers that you speak of? Because you most certainly stated that "most" players are using 3 macros to chug lol.
Nice try though.

D

Demon Eyes

I really just got tired of reading all the same replies...maybe im just slow, but i really don't see the big deal with balanced bows. Has anyone complaining actually played an archer? All these constant hits and fast kills i keep hearing about kinda have me wondering if im even in the right forums. I play an archer and honestly with as much hci as i have...i dont hit nearly close to everytime, and really if you think about it velocity and balance are really the only things an archer has that other players dont.... but it sounds like other players are too fixated on what they dont have to realize that they themselves have options archers dont...how i would love to have a use best weapon skill so i could disarm, bleed, ai, dp, nerve, concussion...and all the other stuff i see dexxers doing with different weapons they have no skill for simply because its a use best weapon. i hear complaining that "i dont wanna lose my shield because id lose my hci and dci...cuz all my chars have shields like that...." wheres my hci dci shields? i have to make due without them to use pots....why cant you? personally speaking ive burned close to 20 heartwood runic fletching kits, wanna know how many bows i came out with that are remotely usable? 3....and only one of them is balanced. on average your lookin at 14 mil per kit...14x20 isnt exactly loose change....likewise...i bought a golden runic kit for blacksmithy for 4 mil....came out with the weapon i was looking for....its not exactly cheap being an archer...alot of armor mods have to be sacrificed to hit chance just to stay in the game. all im saying is i dont understand the need to bash archers over balanced bows...when really...any other template has just as much to offer that remains out of reach most likely indefinitely to an archer, and if your running from an archer spamming moving shot....your running in the wrong direction because your combos can do a bit more damage than the moving shot can do. maybe if you ran towards instead of away....youd see a bit of a difference....then again maybe not

B

Balian of Asgard

I really just got tired of reading all the same replies...maybe im just slow, but i really don't see the big deal with balanced bows. Has anyone complaining actually played an archer? All these constant hits and fast kills i keep hearing about kinda have me wondering if im even in the right forums. I play an archer and honestly with as much hci as i have...i dont hit nearly close to everytime, and really if you think about it velocity and balance are really the only things an archer has that other players dont.... but it sounds like other players are too fixated on what they dont have to realize that they themselves have options archers dont...how i would love to have a use best weapon skill so i could disarm, bleed, ai, dp, nerve, concussion...and all the other stuff i see dexxers doing with different weapons they have no skill for simply because its a use best weapon. i hear complaining that "i dont wanna lose my shield because id lose my hci and dci...cuz all my chars have shields like that...." wheres my hci dci shields? i have to make due without them to use pots....why cant you? personally speaking ive burned close to 20 heartwood runic fletching kits, wanna know how many bows i came out with that are remotely usable? 3....and only one of them is balanced. on average your lookin at 14 mil per kit...14x20 isnt exactly loose change....likewise...i bought a golden runic kit for blacksmithy for 4 mil....came out with the weapon i was looking for....its not exactly cheap being an archer...alot of armor mods have to be sacrificed to hit chance just to stay in the game. all im saying is i dont understand the need to bash archers over balanced bows...when really...any other template has just as much to offer that remains out of reach most likely indefinitely to an archer, and if your running from an archer spamming moving shot....your running in the wrong direction because your combos can do a bit more damage than the moving shot can do. maybe if you ran towards instead of away....youd see a bit of a difference....then again maybe not
Good post, alot of valid points, we lose an arm spot where we could have up to 30 points in hci/dci and another 15 in rpd and resists ontop of that and even fc1. And I never get off 3 hits in a row to 3 hit kill someone, unless they are a nub fresh out of tramsville, if im lucky , I might get a count off of one of these 3 hit kills hehe, Mortal, para, CONK BOOMHEADSHOT!!!!!!!!!

You have protection necro mages with folded steel, AoF, mage wep w/15dci
OMG, they just sit there and GH through all your damage, you mortal them and they SS

So, like I was saying there is always a template out there that will beat yours.

Quit sniveling ppl

ADAPT!!!!!!!!!
Be creative
Keep trying

Omnius

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Good post, alot of valid points, we lose an arm spot where we could have up to 30 points in hci/dci and another 15 in rpd and resists ontop of that and even fc1. And I never get off 3 hits in a row to 3 hit kill someone, unless they are a nub fresh out of tramsville, if im lucky , I might get a count off of one of these 3 hit kills hehe, Mortal, para, CONK BOOMHEADSHOT!!!!!!!!!

You have protection necro mages with folded steel, AoF, mage wep w/15dci
OMG, they just sit there and GH through all your damage, you mortal them and they SS

So, like I was saying there is always a template out there that will beat yours.

Quit sniveling ppl

ADAPT!!!!!!!!!
Be creative
Keep trying

If you can't kill a protection necromage, you have some work to do in your playstyle.

Goldberg-Chessy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
"Currently only archers do not suffer from disarming their offensive or defensive strengths."

Currently only archers suffer from not having any 1 handed weapons and not being able to have any defense/parry.

With 1 simple sentence your entire OP is shredded :(

What is even more ridiculous is that your OP actually states that archers do not suffer their defensive strengths when disarming. I now honestly wonder if you even play Uo.
THE ARCHER HAS 0 DEFENSIVE STRENGTHS. So what should he be suffering?

*shakes head*

E

ElRay

Oh, you mean a mage can interrupt an archer from hitting them with an offensive attack?

nope.

Oh, you mean an archer needs to stop in order to perform an offensive maneuver?

nope.

Oh, you mean double clicking someone is all it should take in order to dismount the opponent?

perhaps?

Oh, you mean hitting at a range isn't a viable advantage all in it's own... it still needs to incorperate almost every single advantage the other combat skills had going for them?

Definately.

Oh, wait... you mean the archery skill should remain superior to the other 3 just because... you say so, without any reason for it at all.

The end.
This is QFMFT

ps why do people even try to discuss pvp with Conner? It is crystal clear he has no idea wtf he is talking about:coco:

E

ElRay

Currently only archers suffer from not having any 1 handed weapons and not being able to have any defense/parry.
When its possible for archers to hit for 50-70 damage every 1.5 seconds(while chugging pots), they dont need parry/one hand weapons

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
When its possible for archers to hit for 50-70 damage every 1.5 seconds(while chugging pots), they dont need parry/one hand weapons
:hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha:

This is for PvP, not PvM.
I have never seen ANYONE hit for even 50 unless they don't have any armor at all on, even then 50 is still an exaggeration. The only weapon that could even come close to 50 would be the heavy-x, and that puppy is slow slow slow. Slowest weapon in the game.

B

Balian of Asgard

If you can't kill a protection necromage, you have some work to do in your playstyle.
Im putting out pretty good damage, and I have 180 stam. Not many people have weapons or suit better than mine. I have 48 hci and 120 archery, so if I cant hit the mofo, what needs to be changed? cry to devs to make the hci cap higher?

The key to beating a DCI prot NM is to stay alive long enough to get lucky enough to get a normal, mortal, conk off within 3-5 shots, thats the only way your gonna kill one, unless its a nub trammy who wants to dump on me with omen exp/fs or whatever it is, that makes them nice and ripe for a conk/mortal conk, but EMPHASIZED> AGAIN, one would need to get 3/5 shots to hit in a row in order to prevail.

So are you saying you can beat a DCI prot NM with your archer?
Or are you saying you play a DCI prot NM and you get killed by archers alot?

Id really like to see you play uo. what shard are you on

M

mr.blackmage

you just stated it yourself, playing an archer relies almost solely on luck, which is why todays pvp is amazingly ridiculous in the sense that there are very few pvp templates now that require degress of skills. You WILL get 2-3 hits in a row to kill someone, and you have unlimited tries to do it. blah.

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just jumped on my archer today with my heavy x-bow with 35 ssi. Got no kills, and died a couple times. Really over-powered huh?

So, if you are just going to say that I just don't know how to play an archer, then I guess the people who are good at it must just be good at playing an archer. Guess that just means they are good at PvP. If someone is good at it then don't expect them to be easy to kill.

Violence

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi and welcome to Archery Gimp Tutorial, player Viper09! This is meant as a basic drill on how to run your Archer effectively.

Preparation : -An Archer character based on HCI/DI/SSI/EP/HLD/Mana Leech/Spell Effect. Your tutor(that's me, thank you) has managed to assemble such a character and his weapons including a Disarm weapon within 1 day by combining spare runic crafted armour and weapons, artifacts and Soulstone usage.
-A variety of bows to match the special moves described in the tutorial
-Potions

The Totally Ridiculous Mode

Step 1 : Go into War Mode
Step 2 : Ready your Dismount HXBow
Step 3 : Fire at a target
Step 4 : Remount
Step 5 : Hunt them down with combos of Moving Shot, Mortal Wound, Concussion as a finishing move. If they hunt you, keep spamming Moving Shot as you kite them
Step 6 : Loot

The Boring But Working Mode

Step 1 : War Mode
Step 2 : Hunt them down with combos of Moving Shot, Mortal Wound, Concussion as a finishing move. If they hunt you, keep spamming Moving Shot as you kite them
Step 3 : Loot

The ****-Easy Mode

Step 2 : Disarm them
Step 3 : Hunt them down with combos of Moving Shot, Mortal Wound, Concussion as a finishing move. If they hunt you, keep spamming Disarm and repeat.
Step 4 : Loot

Important Note : It is strongly advised to use Bushido so you can perform the Barrage with a Yumi and Confi like there's no tomorrow while you MoveShot.

Important Note : You can run a similar version of the Gimcher. It's the Tamer/Gimpcher. Would you like to play the Tamer/Gimpcher Tutorial?

YES/NO ?

B

Balian of Asgard

While we are at it,

I will add this very complex tutorial........

Rdy for it?

Here it is............

"ALL KILL"
Hide/invis

thats it in the entirety
I hope ya'll can grasp it

Hi and welcome to Archery Gimp Tutorial, player Viper09! This is meant as a basic drill on how to run your Archer effectively.

Preparation : -An Archer character based on HCI/DI/SSI/EP/HLD/Mana Leech/Spell Effect. Your tutor(that's me, thank you) has managed to assemble such a character and his weapons including a Disarm weapon within 1 day by combining spare runic crafted armour and weapons, artifacts and Soulstone usage.
-A variety of bows to match the special moves described in the tutorial
-Potions

The Totally Ridiculous Mode

Step 1 : Go into War Mode
Step 2 : Ready your Dismount HXBow
Step 3 : Fire at a target
Step 4 : Remount
Step 5 : Hunt them down with combos of Moving Shot, Mortal Wound, Concussion as a finishing move. If they hunt you, keep spamming Moving Shot as you kite them
Step 6 : Loot

The Boring But Working Mode

Step 2 : Hunt them down with combos of Moving Shot, Mortal Wound, Concussion as a finishing move. If they hunt you, keep spamming Moving Shot as you kite them
Step 3 : Loot

The ****-Easy Mode

Step 2 : Disarm them
Step 3 : Hunt them down with combos of Moving Shot, Mortal Wound, Concussion as a finishing move. If they hunt you, keep spamming Disarm and repeat.
Step 4 : Loot

Important Note : It is strongly advised to use Bushido so you can perform the Barrage with a Yumi and Confi like there's no tomorrow while you MoveShot.

Important Note : You can run a similar version of the Gimcher. It's the Tamer/Gimpcher. Would you like to play the Tamer/Gimpcher Tutorial?

YES/NO ?

E

ElRay

This is for PvP, not PvM.
I have never seen ANYONE hit for even 50 unless they don't have any armor at all on, even then 50 is still an exaggeration. The only weapon that could even come close to 50 would be the heavy-x, and that puppy is slow slow slow. Slowest weapon in the game.

Wait a minute..........Mr my color is white, I serve good and my enemies are colored green black and orange!!! You ROLEPLAY on the UO stratic forums, yet I must be a trammy right?

Hey bud you should add what kind of elves you like too!! Maybe throw in some fairies for good measure??

ps concussion spamming archers with hit lightning OR fireball AND hit velocity xbows hit for the amount I said, and with 40 ssi, 1.5 second swings is very achievable

E

ElRay

I just jumped on my archer today with my heavy x-bow with 35 ssi. Got no kills, and died a couple times. Really over-powered huh?
*sigh* newbs bro

Try using a balanced 40 ssi xbow with hit lightning/fireball and get 100 di, instead of using a heavy xbow trying to get kills, also learning how to pvp is vital to your cause as well

Goldberg-Chessy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

You are 100% correct.

I was not at all trying to say that Archers need any defense. It is purely an offensive template.

I was just showing how ridiculous the OP was when he claimed that balance on Archers alone should be nerfed. In his own words he said they should be nerfed because currently they suffer no defensive capabilities when chugging.
Uhh, they never had any defensive capabilities so why in the world would you use that against them when it comes to chugging? If you look at it in his words you would actually ask to improve chugging for Archers(which of course would just be plain silly of course)