• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Archery] ABC Archer

J

Jander

I must be insane for even considering this, as I have my hands full with my Sampire and new Smithy. But could someone give me some ABC Archer templates please? Thanks!!!

T

Thobius

I believe Connor's template is something like...:

120 Archery
120 Bushido
115 Tactics
100 Anatomy
100 Healing
65 Chivalry
100 Resist or Meditation

This template makes use of high tactics for additional damage on lightning strike critical hits.

My own template is:
120 Archery
120 Bushido
100 Tactics
100 Anatomy
100 Healing
100 Resist (115 with resilient bracer)
80 Chivalry

I prefer resist over med for Doom runs as a single, well timed Blood Oath can easily kill a non-resist ABC. I run additional Chiv for two reasons: (1) I find myself constantly failing EoO with only 65 chiv and (2) I like holy light for building up champ spawns.

Ideally you want as much dex as possible.

Stats for an Elf (assuming 225):
Str - 80-90
Dex - 115-125
Int - 10-20

Stats for a human are a little more difficult to settle upon as you don't get the additional mana pool of an Elf. I personally run a +25 stat scroll and:
Str - 100
Dex - 105 :(
Int - 50

My suit is then loaded with as much dex and stam increase as possible (e.g. ring of the vile, jackal's collar, and barbed runic sewing kit leather items). You also want as much DCI as possible. HCI is not essential as you'll be (hopefully) spamming lightning strike, however mana regen. is as it will enable you to continuously spam lightning strike. Naturally all 70s resist is also essential.

C

Connor_Graham

Actually, my template is:

120 Archery
120 Bushido
115 Tactics
100 Anatomy
100 Healing
90 Resist
75 Chiv

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Thanks guys. Bow recommendations would be awesome too.
ssi
mana leech
hit spell
velocity
di (or if your suit is 100 di then stamina leech) (with df combined with mana leech and you should be good with stam)
velocity can be switched with anything you think would better suit your style
as for bow type

I like bows
crossbow
and yumi
pretty much in that order
a lot depends on style and what you fighting!

C

Connor_Graham

Bow type depends on whether you're planning on using this char for PvP or PvM. The one Storm listed is more of a PvP bow. For PvM you'd want one that's more along the lines of a Sampire wep in bow form:

DI
30+ SSI
Mana Leech
Stam Leech
HLD

I prefer crossbows and heavy crossbows myself for the big hits (which means big mana leeched), although regular bows and composite bows can work well too, you just won't leech as much mana from them.

If you take a look at my arrows/bolts vendor, there is a very nice starter heavy xbow on there. It was my archer's bow for a couple of years and works very well.

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My main bow for both PvP and PvM doesn't have mana leech, but I have meditation, lower mana cost and mana regeneration, so I only have mana trouble in the huge fights (Peerless/champs). I also don't have any stamina leech on my bow since divine fury not only restores my stamina, but increases my swing speed.

But if you don't have med, MR, and LMC, I would very heartily suggest using mana leech bows.

I typically use composite bows for armor ignores, but when there's another archer with a crossbow or heavy crossbow, I often switch to my own (the crossbows outdamage the composite fairly easily).

For small fights, a yumi can be priceless. With a mana leech yumi and a reptile/dragon slayer yumi, you can even solo the Oaks spawn (you come out far ahead on the arrows used by looting centaur), which is something I have failed to do on every other template.

So which bow you use is definitely a situational thing, and depends on your template, suit, tactics and what (or who) you're fighting.

J

Jander

As usual you guys rock!! This will be a PvM only character. I'll swing by and check out that bow Connor.

N

northwoodschopper

my abc archer has necro and spirit speak for wraith form, i can usually chain AI on the composite bow with the big game. sometimes use lich form when leeching isn't working out well. this is generally in group pvm though, solo i prefer the swampy's protection, and use a crossbow.