• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

ABC archer jewelery, fcr or dex?

law696

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
hi guys, im close to finishing the stats on my abc archer, but his armour is in a bit of a state atm.

i have 145 dex/145 sta, i need to change a couple of my pieces of gear around (im using royal leggings of embers, rune beetle carapace and runic crafted sleeves, that tbh, all need changing i think.)

but my jewelery has 6/2 fcr/fc, along with some hci, dci, di etc on, but im wondering if it would be beneficial to drop those jewels, in return for some nice imbued jewelery with hci, dci, int, DEX and di on? that would give me 14 more sta, which i could improve on greatly by changing my arms/legs to runic items with sta on...

what do you guys think? or should i keep the fcr/fc?

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
I think that max dex, hci, and di will serve you better than 2/6 and/or dci.

law696

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ok, thankyou :) ill grab the dex/hci/di jewels i saw, they give a total of 14 dex, 14 int, 26 hci, 26 dci and 44 di

Taylor

VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
Oh, but dex is capped at 150 with stat items. Stamina can go higher, but if you already have 145, you only need 150 to max out.

Max di from items is 100, max hci is 45.

Good luck! :)

law696

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ah, glad you posted that... im not sure what way to go now then... because the 14 dex from jewels would leave me with 9 wasted...

the only thing i think i could change in that situation, would be my Jackals Collar... id have to lose 15 stam(dex) to get a higher resist runic collar with 7-8 dex on? does that sound sensible? (although i do like my jackals)

Taylor

VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
I suspect (hope) that Connor will weigh in at some point. He's kinda the ad hoc ABC archer expert around here. However, I can tell you what I'm doing (currently changing my suit around).

125 dex natural + 15 from jewels + 5 from crimmy + 5 from mace & shield glasses = 150 dex. Then, I'm going to wear runic pieces to bring me to 180 stamina.

I'm also planning to incorporate RBC and stormgrips. The rest of my armor will be runic pieces.

Hope this all doesn't mess you up too much... :/

law696

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
its kinda helpfull :) my suit has been giving me headaches for the last week.

im using mace and shield glasses, RBC, stormgrips, jackals, royal leggings of embers (resists lol), and runic arms.

unfortunately i dont have crimmy, and probably wont have for a while...

having 125 natural dex+5 from glasses + 15 from jackals... i can replace the jackals with 14 from jewels, giving me 144 dex, waiting for whenever i can get crimmy.

this gives me neck, arms and legs to sort out capping resists and as much stamina as i can... which is what? 24 from those pieces, if i want to keep RBC and stormgrip in... i was contemplating dropping the RBC too, but i have serious mana issues as it is, let alone after i drop 3 mr and 10 mi...

/headache

Taylor

VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
Lol, yes, it's certainly a demanding suit (esp. with the dex/stam requirements). Are you having problems with your current suit? My ABC archer suit isn't too great, either, but still is workable. One thing that helps re: mana is lower mana cost and mana leech on weap, but you probably already knew that. :)

law696

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
at the moment im not having too many issues, though i just ran away from a paragon slayer in blood a minute ago, my archery/tactics is only at 70, my anat/resist are both 115 and my healing is 100 (i had to soulstone some skills away from an old char, and start archery/tactics from scratch) so thats the main problem ^^: misses :)

anyway, im shopping for a good bow that has mana leech, ive got the crafted demon slayer repeating xbow and a fairly nice dragon slayer comp bow, but finding some nice bows with mana leech would be great. i tried to add LMC into the set, but tbh,the only way i can fit any in without the suit costing an astronomical price, is on the RBC

Taylor

VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
Sounds like you're doing great. No shame in running from a para bally. :)

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
for my abc archer the things i look for on items is
dex/stamina Di mana regen and lmc
with your you could put 5 dex on a ring along with 8 sti then 25 di mana regen then lmc
then on bracelet put 8 sti 25 di mana regen lmc and then maybe hci or whatever you may need
that gives you a max of 29 I believe and would put you at 172 stamina then make yourself a set of legs with 8sti giving you 180

alot depends on your other pieces

P

pgcd

With the advent of Imbuing, Jackal's Collar is sadly almost worthless for high-stamina templates:
Jackal's + jewelry = 20 dex increase tops
Imbued gorget + jewelry = 16 dex increase + 8 stam increase = 24 stam increase

And the Jackal's resists are not exactly stellar either, except for that fire. And I have one for sale on Europa, so I'm really doing myself a disservice =)

C

Connor_Graham

i have 145 dex/145 sta, i need to change a couple of my pieces of gear around (im using royal leggings of embers, rune beetle carapace and runic crafted sleeves, that tbh, all need changing i think.)
Keep the RBC. You won't find a better chest in UO for an archer. The Leggings of Embers definitely need to go though. What you want to start with is the RBC, Stormgrip, and Mace & Shield glasses. From there use runic crafted armor to fill the arms, legs, and neck slots. You want MI, SI, and MR on the runic pieces. Finish off with a Crimson and Conjurer's Robe and the suit itself should be done.

but my jewelery has 6/2 fcr/fc, along with some hci, dci, di etc on, but im wondering if it would be beneficial to drop those jewels, in return for some nice imbued jewelery with hci, dci, int, DEX and di on? that would give me 14 more sta, which i could improve on greatly by changing my arms/legs to runic items with sta on...

what do you guys think? or should i keep the fcr/fc?
Dump the FC/FCR. You'll want imbued jewels with Dex, HCI, LMC, and DI. DCI is a waste of a mod on an archer.

Last, but not least, make sure your bows have mana leech on them. That, along with high SSI, is what I consider to be must have mods on any bow. You'll also want to stay away from repeaters and magical shorts (shorts can be good in lower level champ situations) and go with the heavier hitting bows. I use crossbows and heavy crossbows pretty much exclusively except for one magical short that is used on the lower levels of champ spawns for the lightning special.

law696

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
cheers for the replies guys :) it looks like i need to get some jewelery sorted out that doesnt have dci.

shopping for runic armour always makes my head hurt, i shall have to see what i can come up with. that and start saving for crimmy. looks like your going to have some competition selling a jackals there Pgcd :p

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
cheers for the replies guys :) it looks like i need to get some jewelery sorted out that doesnt have dci.

shopping for runic armour always makes my head hurt, i shall have to see what i can come up with. that and start saving for crimmy. looks like your going to have some competition selling a jackals there Pgcd :p
if you are on ls and need anything imbued I would be glad to help I am 120 imbuing

F

Fortunata

You'll also want to stay away from repeaters and magical shorts (shorts can be good in lower level champ situations) and go with the heavier hitting bows. I use crossbows and heavy crossbows pretty much exclusively except for one magical short that is used on the lower levels of champ spawns for the lightning special.[/QUOTE said:
I know its an old post but...Really!?!? i always assumed the dps on shorts overrode the hard hitting slower bows. In what situations are you only using x and heavys?

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just from DPS, the repater is far and away the worst choice of all the bows.

The magical short is all right, so long as whatever you're shooting at has no armor. When AR is factored in, the short bow is nearly as bad. The advantage of the short bow is when you're surrounded (i.e. champ spawns) and have a slayer (I still use mischief maker for undead spawns).

Also from the DPS, if you max out your stamina, SSI, etc, the crossbow is far and away the best for high end fights, especially if you can get a slayer bow.

O

Old Man of UO

Yep, pretty much agree with what Farsight says. I am making all new slayers out of the regular crossbows, trying to get them all toe 40SSI after enhancing with Ash wood.

I've tried using the AI special with the compound bow. It's nice at times, but overall the cross bow seems the best choice for me for PvM.

F

Fortunata

interesting.

thanks for the info and speedy replies. I am breaking out the low end runic fletching kit as I type this...

M

mr_warpig

I know its an old post but...Really!?!? i always assumed the dps on shorts overrode the hard hitting slower bows. In what situations are you only using x and heavys?
I like my 30%SSI demon slayer heavy. It can 2 shot kill a daemon and fires about as fast as a bow.

Delbrie

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I use to exclusively use heavy xbow (and somtime still do, but the ones i use are 100-% resist types). I found my drop rate from champs and bosses was better going with a composite bow and alternating between lightning strike and AI.

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It depends on the boss.

Against Corgul, nothing is better than a repond slayer composite.

Against Navery, A good spider slayer crossbow is far and away better than a spider slayer composite bow.

Just for examples.