• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

A.V. DEATH TRAP!!!

L

Lady Vivian

It has come to the attention of the A.V. Guild that a certain person is marking runes to dangerous dungeon areas and relabeling them to A.V. Vendor House.
They are then dropping these runes in the Luna bank area.

When these runes are used by players they find themselves facing an unexpected monster(s) and are thusly being killed.

Please be advised that A.V. Guild will NEVER drop runes or books to our vendor house as players know where it is located.

Also please, NEVER enter a gate being thrown for any A.V. Event unless the person throwing the gate has the A.V. Guild tag showing.

C

Crystal Canyon

Lady Vivian, that person is also dropping runes that say things to make people think that A.V. is making threats to other guilds and vendorhouses. We went around picking them up this morning.

Rest assured that most people on this shard KNOWS that A.V. or no one from A.V. is doing this. In fact, most people know who is dropping them.

Its a shame, really is, but Im glad you posted the warning.

F

Flora Green

Who is doing it? Because it would be interesting to know if it's the same person who has altered my runes and runes to a few other shops as well.

C

Crystal Canyon

It can't be said on the boards, its against the ROC I believe.

L

Lady Vivian

Crystal,
Thanks for voicing your support of A.V. Guild.

One of the basic tenents of A.V. Guild is that of respect of your fellow players on the shard. We are a democracy. We have a Council of Elders and they vote on issues and then the individual members carry out those decisions. We are a helping, giving guild and as such often provide armor, weapons and any other assistance such as new members may need and aid any member of the shard that need help where ever we can. The funds from the sale of the guild vendors helps to defray those costs. It would be very sad if this were no longer possible due to the misguided efforts of one or two players.

Thanks to every one for showing their support and remember DO NOT use any rune you find marked to A.V. vendors.
Belle

Latobian

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I spent some time this morning picking up those runes and throwing them away. I'm not in A.V. (I was in the past) but it seemed as though the inscriptions that were scribed onto the runes were meant to be deceptive and not in A.V. character.

Latobian

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Who is doing it? Because it would be interesting to know if it's the same person who has altered my runes and runes to a few other shops as well.
This has happened to me on several occassions. Luckily, though, I watched them do it, snapped a few screenies and know personally who is friend and foe in that department so the guesswork is done for me. I toss runes marked to my shop or library now knowing that it's on the ground and can and most likely will be tampered with. It's a shame really.

C

Crystal Canyon

Sadder yet is the fact that this person didnt even try to hide who it was doing it. We sat there and watched him throw trash and runes in front of the A.V. vendorhouse. And if you read some of the runes he is throwing out, he does include references as to who he is.

He is also leaving runes at XMGs vendorhouse saying that he will let them remain on the shard for 100 mil. He is ticked because he asked to get into thier guild and they declined his application. Good decision on thier part I would say.

C

Chaos of Origin

It never ceases to amaze me. The same people doing the same things every time. You don't even need to work very hard to figure them out. They need help. It is hard not to feel sorry for them, unless compassion isn't your cup of tea. I hope that they are one day able to find peace and direction. Although the type of people they are preclude this sort of extensive soul searching, they are more likely than not liable to take themselves out if they are ever turned away from the path they are on. Who could live with themselves very long after they figure out what sort of people they were and find that they aren't as signifigant as they believed themselves to be.

C

Crystal Canyon

Yes, we have also tried laying out runes for special sales or whatnot and they are changed so we dont do it anymore either. The safest and best way now is simply to open gates and people should look at the guild tag of the person doing the gates before they go in.

Another good way is using the cupids. They work pretty well for announcing sales or events.

gunneroforgin

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The person who is pulling this latest stunt is a very small minded person whom we should all ignore. This is the type of behavior that should get an account banned. This is very disruptive and very against the TOS aggreement.

L

Lady Vivian

Gunner, I agree with you but I don't think the person involved really cares. He has other accounts plus access to all the accounts of another family member. So loosing one account would not make a big dent in his "play style".

And Help please know that I nor A.V Guild had any part in the threats against XMG Guild or its vendors. Lord only knows, if it wasn't for you giving me a place to stay and friending me to one of you Luna Houses (when you didn't know me from Adam) when I first arrived here with nothing but 5K in my pocket and no armor, I never would of made it.

I have tried since then to repay you and all the members of the shard for their kindness yet this kind of thing has to occur. I am truly sorry for any problems or inconvience this incident has caused.

Belle/Margo and the crew

Latobian

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The safest and best way now is simply to open gates and people should look at the guild tag of the person doing the gates before they go in.
It's a way around the rune problem, however, I've attempted gating to my shop in the past when runes failed and someone popped out of hiding to begin 'verbal' harrassment directly to me while gating.

Anyway, regarding the topic, I'll continue to do what I can in tossing the runes away that are being used to harrass A.V. and the community when I see them. And as someone has said before most that play here daily know that tossing baited runes isn't in the guild's charter. =)

F

Flora Green

The person who is pulling this latest stunt is a very small minded person whom we should all ignore. This is the type of behavior that should get an account banned. This is very disruptive and very against the TOS aggreement.
There are FAR worse things occurring on the shard that should be bannable. Remarking a rune is childish and stupid, but consider yourself lucky if it's just runes getting messed with. What's happened to me (and a few others) has crossed the line and involves real life and people in it. Including in my case someone who neither plays the game nor can defend herself.

Latobian

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There are FAR worse things occurring on the shard that should be bannable. Remarking a rune is childish and stupid, but consider yourself lucky if it's just runes getting messed with. What's happened to me (and a few others) has crossed the line and involves real life and people in it. Including in my case someone who neither plays the game nor can defend herself.
:bowdown: Amen.

gunneroforgin

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The CCC vendor house goes thru this kind of drama on a cycle. It seems just about every two weeks we get another installment. So welcome to origin shard drama Lady Vivian. I wish it wasn't so.