• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

EM Site Feed A Test

UO News

RSS Feed
RSS Feed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
“Ulo looks worried, Captain.”

“Yes, my liege.”

“Hm.”

King Blackthorn watched from atop one of his castle’s turrets as the diplomatic delegation to Nujel’m returned to brief Ulo Erogord, the Court Mage, on what transpired during talks with the Sultan. Beside him stood Olivia, Captain of the Guard. Known for her tendency to quietly study every situation in front of her, the Captain seemed uncharacteristically lost in thought.

“What of this business in Luna? Have you spoken to the Guards involved?” The King asked, trying to guess what might be on her mind. Judging by the moment it took her to register what he had said, it was likely an incorrect guess.

“Oh,” she began in surprise, “I believe the Regimental Captains met recently. My hope is they discussed it, but if need be I will speak with them, of course.”

The King nodded, still curious as to what was distracting the Captain. It would have to wait. He turned his attention back to the worried looking Mage as his own thoughts began to wander, coming to rest upon the vial that he knew still waited on his desk, and a letter he had recently received speaking of its contents.

“Hm.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~​

Across the sea two men stood upon a very different wall, looking to the south as a breeze carried the smell of the sea and swirled sand on the streets below them. They wrapped themselves in their cloaks, with hoods to hide their faces from any who may pass by – unlikely given the sand that had begun to blow in the streets. They stood for a time, neither speaking. They did not meet to have a long conversation.

“It would seem that their navy is a bit larger than we expected,” one of the men began in a dry, but unworried tone, “let’s see how prepared they are to use it. Send word to our…friend. It is time for a test.”

Continue reading...