• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

A Suggestion

H

Hildgar

A suggestion to the loot table of the Blackrock Golems.

My Suggestion:
Remove the armour pieces from the loot tables.
Add 10 special coins. White for the good side and Black for the evil side. These coins can be turned in at a special vender at Lord British castle for the pieces of the armour. Now the number of coins you get is based upon the amount of damage you do to the golem.

The reason I am making this suggestion:
I was on with my Tamer/Myst and was soloing a blackrock golem. It had taken me a little more then 2 hours to get him down 80% of his health. I had only died twice, so in my books, i was doing great. Then another player came alone and ask to help, and I said sure. Well we was able to kill it, and guest who got the peice. yep, the guy that came in at the end. Now, I can understand luck, but this is not the first time I been hearing about this. It appears that a group will spend 30 minutes killing a golem, just to have a guy come up and do enough damage to get on the table. And guest who is getting the prize.

Now these creatures are very hard, and yes I know their weakness is cold. Animal Lore is your friend. But I find that the reward does not match the situation.

Also, A little idea.
Create a small area near Lord British Castle that contains a few special vendors. Two vendors, one is good and the other is evil. Both sell the armour peices at a very high price, ie. in the millions. This will suck some of the gold out of the economy.

Hildgar

EM Autolycus

UO Event Moderator
UO Event Moderator
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's not such a bad suggestion. I've heard a similar one elsewhere, but the principle is the same. Unfortunately it doesn't take much to get on the attacker's list, and even the weakest attacker on it has a strong chance of getting the loot.