• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

A suggestion to all production shard thieves...

S

Shinobi

As a lot of you already know, I haven't been on UO in months due to computer troubles. My guild P0O had near 80 active thieves when I left, and is now down to around 30.

I've done some x-sharding and have seen the low thief communities on other shards. Atlantic has the largest thief community of all shards, and when I get back on UO (hopefully this week) I'll try to get our numbers even higher.

Here is my suggestion. One thief guild spanning across all production shards, connected through one teamspeak or vent server. It will soon become almost like a requirement for new PvP thieves to join the massive guild. Not only that, but I think it would attract more to the class, reviving it on some shards.

The point of this multi-shard guild would be to help each other plan steals, share ideas, and attract new thieves. Imagine the eventually massive vent or TS. A channel for each shard, each with sub-channels for different thief classes (persuasion, spawn, etc.). Also, a general discussion channel, so that thieves from all across UO can hang out and talk about ideas, brag about steals, etc. If you have a question about something, pop over into another channel and ask a thief you normally would have never met.

Sure, that is basically what this forum is for, right? But imagine being on late at night, and rather than stealing by yourself, you can see what other thieves are on in all of UO, and hang out with them through a TS or vent server. It would add more excitement to the class for all shards.

Of course, each shard will need a thief to create the guild, and be the GM of that shard.

As far as a name goes, I'm not sure yet. I would say that we could just consider it P0O, but this would be a new guild entirely. New name, new shards, new everything. I'm open to name suggestions, and volunteer GMs.

All I see on this forum, whenever there is anything to see, is arguing. With the declining thief population, I think it's about time we all merge into one massive community.

R

RichDC

You know what?

Great Idea, im in!

Although i see a light problem, for me anyway...im in factions. May be difficult to get many thieves join a faction guild on GL.

S

Shinobi

You know what?

Great Idea, im in!

Although i see a light problem, for me anyway...im in factions. May be difficult to get many thieves join a faction guild on GL.
Np, we can work a faction branch into each shard. Or, rather than have a faction branch on each shard, we could just have a faction channel for each shard on the server. I doubt all faction thieves on a shard will want to be in the same faction.

Also, anyone happen to own a server on either TS or vent?

R

RichDC

I will just add the main reason im in factions is not for the sigs.

Its for the chase!!!

Oh and the annoyance of an 80ep supernova pot in the middle of faction fights at the gate hehe

Can you not set up a free vent server, i have a feeling it will only need to be a small one to start...then as it grows so can the vent?

S

Shinobi

Can you not set up a free vent server, i have a feeling it will only need to be a small one to start...then as it grows so can the vent?
Actually, I forgot. My guild currently has a vent, lol. Whether or not it's still in use, I'm not sure. Like I said, I've been gone for months, fuzzy memory.

Omnius

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
BUB.... Who can forget the legendary BUB. The guild that spawned the greatest thieves to ever venture onto the stratics thievery forums. so many great thieves have come from one guild. said guild's death spawned the second greatest thieves guild ever. GOR. I suggest we be the new BUB.

S

Shinobi

BUB.... Who can forget the legendary BUB. The guild that spawned the greatest thieves to ever venture onto the stratics thievery forums. so many great thieves have come from one guild. said guild's death spawned the second greatest thieves guild ever. GOR. I suggest we be the new BUB.
True, but like I said, it's a new thing entirely. Plus, we don't have any of the original members, and I wouldn't feel comfortable taking a name set in stone like that.

Omnius

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How about this NUB. Instead of BUB we're the New BUB or NUB for short.

D

Dimebag

even though there are very few people on my shard anymore (let alone theives) im in!!! sounds like great fun to me, was thinkin as i have heard oh so much of P0O, and it was shinobis idea, could call it P0OW (W=Worldwide)

PM me when we come up with a name, id be willing to start the guild on oce, have a few thief mates i can con into joining.

S

Shinobi

even though there are very few people on my shard anymore (let alone theives) im in!!! sounds like great fun to me, was thinkin as i have heard oh so much of P0O, and it was shinobis idea, could call it P0OW (W=Worldwide)

PM me when we come up with a name, id be willing to start the guild on oce, have a few thief mates i can con into joining.
P0OW...lol, I love it. The only reason I wouldn't want to name it P0O, or P0OW, is because there are plenty of thieves who are loyal to their own guilds, such as THIEF. This is supposed to be a merging of all guilds, not a mass recruitment into P0O.

Regardless, I do like P0OW, lol. Maybe if we can't come up with anything else, we can fall back on that.

T

The Green Thief

P0OW...lol, I love it. The only reason I wouldn't want to name it P0O, or P0OW, is because there are plenty of thieves who are loyal to their own guilds, such as THIEF. This is supposed to be a merging of all guilds, not a mass recruitment into P0O.

Regardless, I do like P0OW, lol. Maybe if we can't come up with anything else, we can fall back on that.

How about a guild name that isn't related to feces or defecation? Perhaps something that can actually be taken seriously?

S

Shinobi

How about a guild name that isn't related to feces or defecation? Perhaps something that can actually be taken seriously?
Lol. I'd be fine with that. But, yet again, the reason I gave P0O such an immature name years ago was to keep reminding the members to have a sense of humor. 90% of the S|S members I knew were stuck-up. I knew them when they were noobs, then the second they would hit GM, their sense of humor seemed to go out the window. I figured with a stupid immature name like P0O, they couldn't get too big of an ego.

I've thought multiple times about making a new guild with a new, more serious, name. Then I remember why I gave it the name in the first place, and so I leave it.

With something this big, it wouldn't just be my guild anymore. I know there's a few who wouldn't want to be in a guild called P0O, lol. So, let's see if we can find a new name.

D

Dimebag

just had a thought on the name, might not be good but meh only thought i have now:/

RYPE

Rock Your Pockets Everyday

any thoughts lol. dont know why i thought of it. kinda just popped into my head

D

Dimebag

also just wanted to know what prod shard would have the biggest thief population?? my shard is basically dead although it is still fun as all hell when people are on, but was thinking of training up a thief maybe on atl. (i already have one in training on SP when i have time, but lag is super bad)

R

Robthemilt

The biggest thief shard is probably on ATL.

The other day at a fel IDOC we had a mini thief reunion. Tay, Neutrino, Aaron, myself, and the newcomer Mairut. I've also been seeing a few newer, and returning thieves that i never got to know.

D

Dimebag

awsome ill make a char over on atl once i get a chance. anyone line me up with some armour for stealth training?? cheers guys see u soon:) will be laggy though but meh

M

Mairut

The biggest thief shard is probably on ATL.

The other day at a fel IDOC we had a mini thief reunion. Tay, Neutrino, Aaron, myself, and the newcomer Mairut. I've also been seeing a few newer, and returning thieves that i never got to know.
That idoc was pretty fun, too bad there wasn't much in it. I think I got more from looting bodies than what I managed to get out of the house.
Got an ETA Shinobi?

Hmm...as far as guild names idk. Looking around my house just now I saw a windex bottle and thought of Swindex...swiping you clean. And then I realized that might sound worse than P0O....:p

Joking aside, maybe it could incorporate something like the initials UO into it? That little bit may seem too "trammie" for some people though.

ThEv? Thieving Evolution? Hmm..don't think we can have 4 initials in guild tags anymore though.

I had started a 2man guild called NON...Naughty or Not. Pretty sure its not in use anymore, but I don't have a way to check atm. I had seen a quote from some indian guru or something that went "Mother, naughty or not, I am still thy child"
Just throwing some ideas out there, hope you all don't mind.

S

Shinobi

Swindex, lol.

When I went cross-shard stealing, I made a guild on each shard I visited. Rather than name it P0O, I decided on another name, so the members aren't instantly labeled as thieves. I named the guild The Collectors [SHIN]. Sure, I got a little conceited on the abbreviation, so what lol. The name won't blow the cover of the members, and it doesn't have to do with feces, lol. Maybe we can use this name if we can't decide on another one.

R

Robthemilt

im stickin with Thev or rype. and the sorry people in SHIN can adopt the new name.

But i have to say im still liking my current tag PoP!, Producers of pisstivity.

S

Shinobi

I got it. Let's use the name of a REAL "thieves' guild".

I've mentioned the book "Agent Zigzag" before. It's the true story of a thief/double agent named Eddie Chapman during WWII. He started out in a gang that eventually became known as "The Jelly Gang". They were named this because they used gelignite to blow open safes.

So, I suggest we name the guild The Jelly Gang [GANG].

We'll have to make sure that the abbreviation GANG isn't taken yet, because it's likely that it might be. This is the name I'm leaning towards at the moment...lemme know what you guys think.

R

RichDC

TOGS

Thieves of Greater Sosaria!

That is all...your applause can continue :p

ohmyGED

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As a lot of you already know, I haven't been on UO in months due to computer troubles. My guild P0O had near 80 active thieves when I left, and is now down to around 30.

I've done some x-sharding and have seen the low thief communities on other shards. Atlantic has the largest thief community of all shards, and when I get back on UO (hopefully this week) I'll try to get our numbers even higher.

Here is my suggestion. One thief guild spanning across all production shards, connected through one teamspeak or vent server. It will soon become almost like a requirement for new PvP thieves to join the massive guild. Not only that, but I think it would attract more to the class, reviving it on some shards.

The point of this multi-shard guild would be to help each other plan steals, share ideas, and attract new thieves. Imagine the eventually massive vent or TS. A channel for each shard, each with sub-channels for different thief classes (persuasion, spawn, etc.). Also, a general discussion channel, so that thieves from all across UO can hang out and talk about ideas, brag about steals, etc. If you have a question about something, pop over into another channel and ask a thief you normally would have never met.

Sure, that is basically what this forum is for, right? But imagine being on late at night, and rather than stealing by yourself, you can see what other thieves are on in all of UO, and hang out with them through a TS or vent server. It would add more excitement to the class for all shards.

Of course, each shard will need a thief to create the guild, and be the GM of that shard.

As far as a name goes, I'm not sure yet. I would say that we could just consider it P0O, but this would be a new guild entirely. New name, new shards, new everything. I'm open to name suggestions, and volunteer GMs.

All I see on this forum, whenever there is anything to see, is arguing. With the declining thief population, I think it's about time we all merge into one massive community.

Hmmmmm.......let's see this go into action.

When you coming back Shin?

M

Mairut

I like the Thev idea. oh wait, that was my idea :p
(jk)
I like the ideas we've come up with so far. PoP! is good, I like what it stands for, and I don't think many people would know it's a thieves guild until it's too late.
RYPE is funny enough...stick with tradition. Could use something like, I'm RYPE under the name [tag].
Togs reminded me of clogs ^.^
GANG...I think I've seen that one in game, but if I did it was when I played before [i started again].
Please, whatever happens, not swindex! :D

S

Shinobi

I just checked the UO website. The only GANG i could find is on Origin, with 1 member in it. As much as i like the others, i can't help but love The Jelly Gang [GANG]. Maybe you guys should read Agent Zigzag, lol. I'm sure after the first 2 or 3 chapters you would want the name as well.

Daga Taga

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Well I started a Guild named La Cosa Nostra awhile back on LS that has just me, myself and I in it. I couldn't think of an name so I search Wikipedia for something. The Definition is this: The American Mafia (usually called simply the Mafia within the United States; also known as Cosa Nostra or La Cosa Nostra (LCN, The 'La' part is what the FBI has given the name), also Our Thing, and This Thing of Ours, it is an Italian-American criminal society and offshoot of the Sicilian Mafia.

Just a suggestion, but I like GANG too. I just like the this idea and want to see it develop into something good, great even.

P

pindulhi

This is awesome!! i totally agree with the idea of a massive thiefs guild since i've been playing with a thief since spring break and i cant seem to find any other thiefs (weird since i created 3 thiefs: siege, napa and atlantic) but the one i play is Rhea on siege... anyways i love the names you guys came up with! rype, PoP! La cosa nostra and GANG are the best....depends on what we're looking...like if we're looking for a cool name that has some humour on it i would love rype or PoP! but if we look for a name that came from real events the La Cosa Nostra or The Jelly Gang are both awesome!! btw i only posted like once or twice in this forum so technically im new!!

P

pindulhi

Cosa Nostra or La Cosa Nostra (LCN)

Just a suggestion, but I like GANG too. I just like the this idea and want to see it develop into something good, great even.
i agree. but wouldn't it be suspicious if the name of the guild was GANG?? maybe it could be TJeG idk...oh and the abreviation for La cosa nostra...i'm thinking LUCK? First because every thief wants a little luck right?? and second Lucky Luciano was the best capo there has been on the mafia (well frank costello was awesome too so COS could also be the abreviation, stands for Costello and Cosa nostra :D) LUCK might be taken though... but idk the last post was in july so maybe you guys arent doing this anymore?

S

Shinobi

Yes, we're still going to go through with it. I might have to just get a new computer at this point. My brother was supposed to install a new hard drive on it, but after months of having it, he has finally told me he won't ever have time to install it.

Z

Zidu

I'm normaly not one to say much on forums. I perfer to just browse and pick up new bits of info. Yet this post made me make an account and say a few words, because i believe it to be a very nice idea. Soon it could become a big family like the "mafia" or "yakuza". So i thought i would throw in my 2 cents on names.

GTUO - Grand Theft UO
BDS - The Boondock Saints (after the movie)
PoPu - Pocket Pullers
Mill - Millenium (Mafia name in "gungrave" series)
IHOT - International House of Thieves
TINC - Theft Inc. (based off the old guild Murder Inc.).
UTG - Universal Thieves Guild

I have a few more on the tip of my tongue that i just can't remember or should i say "on the tips of my fingers" which ill edit in later.

If taken serious we could be big enough to make all guilds on P-shards fear and respect us. Long live the thieves guild.

S

Shinobi

Haha, I like IHOT and TINC.

I was thinking about whether or not we should give the guild a name with "Thief" in the title. It would cause trouble for thieves wanting to invite targets to the guild to steal from them. But, then I realized something. Each shard can make a"Trap Guild" that will be allied to the thief guild.

Just have someone with a spare char make the allied Trap Guild. This way, when someone wants to guild steal from a target, they can just recruit them into the friendly-named ally guild.

I know some of you don't agree with guild stealing from targets, but remember, you're all gonna be one guild now. That means all types of thieves will be working together, so we can't go fighting with each other all the time.

M

Mairut

Haha, I like IHOT and TINC.

I was thinking about whether or not we should give the guild a name with "Thief" in the title. It would cause trouble for thieves wanting to invite targets to the guild to steal from them. But, then I realized something. Each shard can make a"Trap Guild" that will be allied to the thief guild.

Just have someone with a spare char make the allied Trap Guild. This way, when someone wants to guild steal from a target, they can just recruit them into the friendly-named ally guild.

I know some of you don't agree with guild stealing from targets, but remember, you're all gonna be one guild now. That means all types of thieves will be working together, so we can't go fighting with each other all the time.
Awww....taking away all of our fun!!! :( What's a good guild without a little drama?

j/k :p

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED

I'll still be THIEF, though if you get one started on all shards, I'll keep in touch!

J

Jimmy No Nose

Well I started a Guild named La Cosa Nostra awhile back on LS that has just me, myself and I in it. I couldn't think of an name so I search Wikipedia for something. The Definition is this: The American Mafia (usually called simply the Mafia within the United States; also known as Cosa Nostra or La Cosa Nostra (LCN, The 'La' part is what the FBI has given the name), also Our Thing, and This Thing of Ours, it is an Italian-American criminal society and offshoot of the Sicilian Mafia.

I have had The Black Hand (LCN) on Origin for about 4 years now. Luckily I have a thief holding it down. Its only 2 people though.

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
I'll still be THIEF, though if you get one started on all shards, I'll keep in touch!
Good choice. THIEF won't be joining Shinobi. There are some differences of opinion about methodology, from what I understand.

Besides, THIEF is about a small cadre of thieves taking on the world - not about a giant, multi-shard alliance.

G

Grash

I would be happy to join a MMORPTG (Massively Multi-player Online Rolplaying Thieves Guild)!

Way back when, I was a member on AoT (Army of Thieves) I forget if it was Atlantic or Chessy, but we had a few dozen active members, a recruit/trainee guild and a full member's guild. We focuses on PvP back then, but there is a lot more to steal these days. i think there is enough variety to pull a wide base of ppl.

AoT might be a good way to cover all servers. more like a union than a specific guild.

how about The Union [TU] aka Thieves Union, nod nod wink wink.

I'm on Atlantic with my Fledgling thief, Grash. I'd be happy to help get this off the ground.

I'm thinking a pack of blood thirsty thieves can take out just about anything if we swarm like locusts!