• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

A Spy

EM Vladimere

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have been asked by a few different citizens about "A Spy" running around Luna who owns it.

I dont know who owns it or why its around.

I have heard that all is says is "Shoo" alot

I have heard that it has changed its names at different times and one of them was to "A Mockingbird" and then it repeats words that citizens say to it (Profanity not included)

This mystery has not been solved yet as to why or where this strange bird has came from

This bird is redish in color and looks like an eagle or maybe even the Phoenix

Be carefull around this strange bird as it has also been reported that it likes to eat small animals and capture pets belonging to citizens

EM Vladimere

L

Liquid_Ape

I may have a bit to add...

When I first came across this "bird", it was in the form of a duck, perched comfortably in Luna Bank. Several of the Pitmuck Goblins had gathered around and they appeared very agitated. They were going on and on about it being a spy. It did look out of place and it piqued my curiosity so I took an interest. When I tried to engage it in conversation, it quacked a little and said, "shoo" a lot. After an unknown amount of time had passed (I left my watch in Ocllo) it seemed to grow weary of the attention being paid to it and ran off.

Soon, however a Unicorn came back and took up position in roughly the same area of Luna Bank. It was no more willing to make conversation than the duck, but at least it was a magnificent beast to behold. When pestered, it repeated the ducks mantra, "shoo." But, alas, it too grew weary of the attention and went away.

The last incarnation of the "spy" that I personally witnessed was what appeared to be a red eagle wearing the label (if I recall correctly) of a giant bald eagle. After trying to converse with it, or rather AT it, I was met with little intelligent conversation. Growing bored, I decided to try something different. Steeling myself, I was finally bold enough to ask, "What will I get if I leave?" and the bird said something to the effect of, "you get to live". This chilled me to the bone. What did I do?

I left. Not out of cowardice, but out of desire to sound an alarm. I first ventured to PaxLair and found no one around. Next I tried Kijustsu Anei Village and luckily came across someone whom I believed to be very wise in these sorts of things. This person must have thought I was crazy, spinning wild tales of "spies" and talking ducks and unicorns, but, to his credit, he investigated none the less.

After we were back in Luna, I noticed that the book Detective Sheffield had written about trying to discover the Goblin Cave had gone missing. Being the diligent scribe, I had a copy in my bag. After questioning the bird about the books disappearance, I placed my copy on the ground. The blasted bird promptly ate it! So I scribed another copy and set it down. The bird ate it too. Not to be outdone, I kept scribing. At this point, the bird either was too full to eat any more or perhaps sensed the futility of its attempts and changed tactics. Now, whenever I set a book down, the bird promptly erased it. I believe it even tried to use red leaves to seal the blank book (I have a 6th sense). I am not sure who gave up first, me or the bird, but either way, we stopped playing with books.

It wasn't long before people began heckling the bird which looked quite annoyed. When it said, "shoo" someone had a wonderful idea and presented the bird with shoes. I believe the bird had finally been pushed too far. Within the next 20 minutes, the bird had vanished and a swarm of Goblins, Phoenixes and Poison Elementals descended upon Luna and an pitched battle was fought. While we were victorious, I can't help but wonder a few things.

Who was this duck/unicorn/eagle? Was the spy working for Jessica or perhaps someone else?

We may know someday, but right now, I think we should all remain vigilant. You never know who or what might be watching.

EM Vladimere

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Having been approached by Chief Detective Sheffield about the strange bird seen roaming around, I decided to try and find some information on it too.

The bird seems to be collecting information as to when citizens are around the bank areas.

Who is in control of that bird, no one seems to know.

What information its gathering, again, no one seems to know.

As Jessica's trail gets nearer the bird seems to be making more appearances.

Citizens be warned of the strange bird (spy) and be carefull with thy conversations thy might be having

EM Vladimere