• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

EM Event A Song For Felucca (Monday 1st Dec, 8pm)

EM Emile Layne

UO Event Moderator
UO Event Moderator
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Monday 1st of December, from 8pm BST / 9pm CET at The Mystical Lute in Minoc, Felucca.

A Song For Felucca...

MidasTroubadour.jpg

Sheet music flew through the air when Midas kicked the stand from under it. "That is MY song, mine! He has no right to sing it!"

"I know Midas, but we can't do anything about it now," Bruno the Impresario put a hand on Midas' shoulder, "please just try to calm down."

Hitting the hand away Midas continued his tirade. "I will NOT calm down. Swing the Balladeer has stolen a song from me! You are my impresario, what are you going to do about it?"

Bruno put his hands up in a defensive gesture "What do you want me to do? I can try petition the King?"

Midas looked angrily at his impresario. "Don't be foolish, what can the King do? No, I want you to take care of it. Break his fingers, cut off his tongue! Make him stop singing my song!"

Bruno spoke softly as he slowly backed away from Midas. "You know I can't do something like that.."

"Then I will take care of it myself! And you are fired! Get out of my sight!"

As Bruno ran for the door Midas continued speaking to himself. "Hmm, but if I fight Swing the Balladeer I might hit him too hard and break my hand. Then I won't be able to play the lute for weeks! No, I must get somebody else to do the hitting for me. But who...."​

OOC Note:

Midas the Troubadour can be found in The Mystical Lute in Minoc, Felucca.

He is an oracle, so talk to him and see what he has to say. On the day of the event, at the announced time, he will tell you were to look for Swing the Balladeer. Go find him and try to beat him up! If you manage to kill him you may receive a copy of the music he stole. When you do, take the music sheet and contact me. As a reward I can only offer bragging rights, but the bragging is quite good! Stanley The Braggart, placed at Yew Gate, will pronounce your greatness whenever your name is spoken!

PS:

I promise you won't have to roleplay unless you want to! ;) The fiction I added, just cause I can't resist adding at least a little bit of flavour. The actual event is intended to be a big brawl somewhere in Felucca!

Last edited:

Nails Warstein

Royal Explorer & Grand Archaeologian Of Sosaria
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Hail EM Emile Layne! I sent you an email regarding this event. Sorry for being so late about it.

EM Emile Layne

UO Event Moderator
UO Event Moderator
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was starting to worry Swing's Sheet-music was forever lost. But then Nails came forward!

As of now Stanley the Braggart is proclaiming Nails' greatness to the people at Yew Gate in Felucca.

StanleyNails.jpg