• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

A serious question about gold I would like answered.

Kyronix

UO Designer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
For starters the first paragraph, second sentance is pure conjecture.

A much easier fix for transfering larger amounts of gold would have been to allow. 10m or even 100m cheques. It really is as simple as that if your reasons for implementing a new system hold any truth. Sadly they dont. The new system is being implemented because you havent a clue how to stop duping cheques and gold. This is what all this is about so you may as well admit it. Your reasons stated are a cover up as you dont want to admit the embarrassing truth about how helpless you are to stop duping. Plain and simple.
It's never been a secret that a conversion to virtual currency would prevent the duping of gold and checks in large amounts. Mesanna has commented to this several times at both our in game meet and greets and real world meetups. That's an added benefit of not having currency as a physical object in the game in large amounts. The other reasons I mentioned are valid as well, as those are concerns we've heard from players in those very same forums. Duping has always been an issue, and one we try combat as soon as we have the information we need to combat it (people are generally not really willing to share those details, if you are feel free to contact us).

I also pride myself on being as up front as I can be when players ask questions about upcoming features and change. Insinuating that I would deliberately attempt to mislead or "cover up" anything when interacting with a community I've spent the better part of my professional life building a relationship with is simply not unfounded.