• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

A serious question about gold I would like answered.

Kyronix

UO Designer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Will there be the ability to move gold from Shard A to Shard B easily? I ask because I try to keep the gold flowing in the economy on my home shard but lets face it, Atlantic is the center of commerce at least for the US shards. I try to maximize what I can make off a nice item on Atlantic and then take some of the gold back to Sonoma, to buy stuff off of people there. Will there be limits on how much gold can be moved in a transfer if it can be moved shard to shard? Will there be different rules depending on the type of transfer token used, Full or Shard Shield?
Yes. One of the goals is to allow easier transfer of gold between shards. The exact details of how that will work, is still in development.