"A safe haven for thievs" Good idea??

• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!
N

Nickster

Touzoko from the forum helped me out big time last night, he was kind enough to give me gold, a plethora of high end fencer/poisoner weps, 1k each reg, a keg of each potion numerous barbed leather AR sets burglars bandana and darts/shirukens and lots of other items too....

The message here is he helped me because i am a thief... well training to be one at least. I would like to do the same, I aim to place a house tonight and anyone who PM's me (providing they are a Thief on Siege) will be added as a friend to the house, i am going to try place it where you are likely to find a mark or if folk want to dump runes around to lure people in they have somewhere to strike from, i will aim to keep modest supplies there bandies and pots and the like and weps and stuff on a vendor with as minimal cost as possible so folk can restock and what not.

so.... my next question... where would be a decent place to put the house?

and also if anyone has any surplus items that would be useful to new players would you be willing to dump them in a chest to make "new thief" bags? basic ar, a dagger or so regs and stuff??

just throwing it out there, i will be doing this no matter what but just seeing if i can get anyone else on board!

I hope this takes off, and i hope that people don't abuse it if it does :bowdown:

So Thank you Nezumi-Kozo.... your kindness will be used to help others!!

* pumps Fist *
:D

Chad Sexington

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jul 3, 2008
Bay Area, CA
uothief.com
You could always put a house up in town, even if you don't join later. Outside Minoc stables. There are 6 houses and least 2 other spots right now, one right next to the tower. (Both of them used to have houses, but people come and go.)

I picked it because it's next to town, it's a funnel for everyone that runs to their house in the entire north minoc area, and there's a t2a entrance nearby. I use the entrance all the time. Check 5 or 6 spots then go somewhere else.

Everyone who wants to do anything north of Minoc and in Minoc (or in the Mines) has to run through us.

:scholar:

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Aug 12, 2001
Siege Perilous
mobile-cuisine.com
In regards to location of a house...it really depends on what you plan as far as your template, and what you plan to do with the house. If it's a vendor location, then find something close to a gate...keeping a vendor in place is expensive and many people drop their vendors shortly after seeing that the vendor prices on Siege are 3x that of production shards.

If you template has no magery to gate you around...you probably again, want to be near an area you plan to hang out...or can get to relatively quickly.

Personally, my towner is right outside the gates of Cove. I wish there was a gate portal there so I could get more traffic, but it's alright...la

N

Nickster

There is no power on earth that could stop me trying to join your guild, your the reason a mde a thief in the firsat place,,, seems like so long ago!

i am just doing to to try help others, and also it might be nice for guild members trying to prove their worth to have a place to hang out while they are still in a yellow deathrobe :)

not long till i can join thieves guild now, just need to hit that 60 skill :)
i go jewels that gain me +25 now so will be sweeeet.

N

Nickster

You could always put a house up in town, even if you don't join later. Outside Minoc stables. There are 6 houses and least 2 other spots right now, one right next to the tower. (Both of them used to have houses, but people come and go.)

I picked it because it's next to town, it's a funnel for everyone that runs to their house in the entire north minoc area, and there's a t2a entrance nearby. I use the entrance all the time. Check 5 or 6 spots then go somewhere else.

Everyone who wants to do anything north of Minoc and in Minoc (or in the Mines) has to run through us.

:scholar:
would be an honour to place it in town, are you going to be on later tonight and you can show me where i place it!

what sort of price tag do the houses have on them? when placing i mean, just realised that they will be much more expensive :)

N

Nickster

Ummm, you could have joined the thief guild on Siege the first minute you created your character here. There is no time limit or skill limit for joining.

Rofl...la
**** the bed!!! you're kidding * Spanks self! * ....... * Harder *... * Harder still! *

thats enough! * Rubs spanked area*

i will be joining as soon as i log on tonight if i can find a pesky guildmaster!

then i will don my jewels and get out there!

:owned:

N

Nickster

greatly appreciated!

thanks for all your help , only been back on a few days but i already remember how much I loved the game! before it was maimed by tram rules almost everywhere!

Siege is the way forward for me now, i will keep my other chars for old times sake but Jackal is going to be all i play now!

N

Nickster

Try looking in Cove. I have heard of other thief GM's being bugged. The one in Cove has let everyone that has tried, into the guild without fail...la
Had no problems join the guild in Cove as you suggested :)

Might be worth adding that to the FAQ as i tried the one in serps hold (as it was closer) and when i gave her the gold she just said " you are giving me gold, Money os always need" or something.

so i slapperd her in the funbags and went to cove... P.S your tower is frikkin sweet

N

Nickster

:)
I hear ya! there will be however thieves that will come here before visiting the siege forum... (as i did) and most likely will help out, up to you though sire. up to you...

* Checks Pockets*

over and out