*a report from the Skara Brae Guards is Posted*

• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

EMTiberies

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Nov 14, 2011
OOC: This is being posted publicly so you may choose to have your characters know this material if you wish. Feel free also to post theories as to what happened and/or where the Professor and his lady are. The truth, at least some of it, will be revealed at the next event, which will very likely be a rescue mission. These events would have taken place the very night of the most-recent event, after the Professor sent the players off to the Dungeon Doom.

-------------

To Whom it May Concern:

Salah Ad-Din, the brother of kidnap victim Yusef Ad-Din, has asked that we make this report public, and we didn't see the harm. The kidnappers have obviously passed out of our jurisdiction, and there's no one left in the central government to report this to, save the Knights of Crux Anasta, and we weren't sure this was their kind of thing.

So Salah, who seems a nice fellow if a tad flamboyant for our tastes, asked us to make this public in the hopes that someone out there would be able to help figure out where Yusef and Theresa were.

We all liked them both and hope a rescue can be mounted.

Good luck.

-The Captain of the Skara Brae Guards

*the following report is attached*

A Report From the Skara Brae Guards Regarding the Kidnapping of Yusef Ad-Din and Theresa

Neighbors, mostly shopkeepers and various guests at The Falconer's Inn, reported a disturbance at the Inn. The reports included sounds of a fight, demonic snarling, and a woman screaming.

Two guards arrived in under two minutes but it was already too late. Also, no one actually SAW anything, and this isn't a community that lets such things go by routinely.

All in all, it's clear that these kidnappers moved VERY fast.

We found Yusef's and Theresa's room ransacked, a vicious but quick fight had clearly taken place. There was blood, some human, some demonic, and small shavings of plate armor. We also found a broken scimitar which we know is Yusef's because neighbors recognized it, and it bore the Ad-Din family crest inscribed into its blade. We also found a note addressed from Yusef to the Commander of the Knights of Crux Anasta. The note was torn to shreds, seemingly during the fight, and was unreadable, but the ink was still wet.

There was a faint smell of decay in the air.

We found drag marks on the ground outside the Inn, consistent with a woman's high-heeled shoes. Though she didn't wear them often, it is our understanding that Theresa did own such a pair of shoes. Near the docks we found Black Pearl, Mandrake Root, and Sulfurous Ash (a couple of pieces of each) and there was a smell in the air that reminded one of the more magically-inclined guards of the smell you get when a spell fizzles.

Across the bay on the mainland, we found other signs of a fight. Lots of blood, mostly demonic, a little bit human. We found a woman's high-heeled shoes, and part of what looked to be a white wedding dress. We found what looked to be the arm of a gargoyle, but the funny thing was it had decayed, like it had been dead for a very long time.

We also found a cutlass, again inscribed with the Ad-Din family crest, snapped in half and coated in demonic and gargoyle blood. The gargoyle blood seemed far more decayed than it should have been; we were on the scene mere moments after this event took place.

Finally, we found a note nearby which read:

ToK nip.Lw.Lvls

At this point the trail grew cold.

If nothing else we can tell that Yusef and Theresa put up a good fight and that the attacked and the attackers have passed beyond our jurisdiction. There is no one in the central government to report this to.

May the Virtues guide Yusef and Theresa home, and destroy their abductors.

The Lycaeum (where Yusef teaches) and Yusef's brother have expressed concern and have asked for copies of this report.

Bon Iver

Rares Fest Host | Atl Sept 2011 & June 2013
Stratics Veteran
Jan 17, 2011
Toad Town
So far all Queen and I think we've figured out is:

ToK: Tomb of Kings (Which makes sense concerning gargoyles)
nip.: ?
Lw.: Lower
Lvls: Levels

Queen Arya

Rares Fest Host | Atl Sept 2011 & June 2013
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Oct 30, 2009
Awards
Stuck on a rock somewhere in Felucca
Fellow Knights:

In a quick glance at the clues-
ToK-Tomb of Kings
nip+ ?
Lw.Lvls- Lower levels-undead and gargoyles

I checked Skara Brae Falconers Inn- and found nothing out of place-same with the docks- and the mainland also

I checked the Lycaeum and the report is not public as of yet

Sulfurous ash-Mandrake root and black pearl are used when casting a gate

Will post further info when it becomes available

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Feb 12, 2005
Awards
Atlantic born and raised
So far all Queen and I think we've figured out is:

ToK: Tomb of Kings (Which makes sense concerning gargoyles)
nip.: ?
Lw.: Lower
Lvls: Levels

Nip could equal Niporailem The Thief. Took a look at his lair and nothing out of place or new yet... Although there has long been a dead Gargoyle in one of the chambers that could be missing an arm hmmmm

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Feb 12, 2005
Awards
Atlantic born and raised
Yes, I probably am overthinking the note {but the path Bon and Arya are on would be the simple way of looking at it, while a cipher would to me be a complex overthinking - and I too spent a couple hours running it to see if there was a code to no avail} but I am also more than likely overthinking the scene as laid out. The Guards only found one set of drag marks and those were of high heel shoes. So, unless Professor Yusef happened to be wearing Theresa's shoes that indicates he was not dragged from the Inn. {on a side note I would almost half expect the flamboyant Salah to be wearing them - but not the Professor} That being said.. Why the 2 different battle scenes? Perhaps Yusef was not at the Inn but was on the mainland, possibly running down more clues. Or maybe that is where he happened to meet up with those that were doing harm to Theresa.

*edit*

Second thought... The ink was still wet on Yusef's answer to Danica. So why no drag marks for him heading away from the Inn?

EMTiberies

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Nov 14, 2011
Hey everyone.

I appreciate everyone's thoughts and am glad to have tested your minds a bit.

I'll tell you all this much, just for clarification.

1. Nothing's in-game, it's all here. To be blunt I am not confident enough in myself yet to be able to put stuff in-game. (I am deliberately taking this EM thing VERY slow. I actually started to lock some stuff down, then deleted it all and just posted here.)

2. The report that the Lycaeum asked for is the same one that I put up; point was, Salah Ad-Din and the Lycaeum both asked for the report because they are both interested in Yusef's and Theresa's welfare. Salah also asked the authorities to make the report public to get everyone's ideas of where to have his men look for Yusef and Theresa. Your suggestions will be the in-character excuse for how he knows where to send you all. (Assuming of course that at least one of the suggestions is correct!)

3. Some of this stuff, some of the details, will remain a mystery until after Yusef and Theresa are rescued and are recovered enough to answer questions. But what is merely a curiosity and what is important? Hard to tell, isn't it.... ;)

4. The rescue event should be late this week or very early next, and it is indeed a possibility that either, or both, of the captives will not survive the rescue attempt.