• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

A rant about people

syndael

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It really does amaze me what people will do to each other in this game, stealing lying backstabbing... over a game just wows me.. over all the years i have played, I have made amazing friends who I still talk to this day. I get on here to have fun and play, I have some of the best time on this game where I was crying in laughter.
Lately it seems I have been doing the other side and getting pissed at people because of all the drama they start. Is it really that hard to leave it out and just to have fun.. Sometimes when I log off I feel like I need to be taken away with a :stretcher: =/ Did all the good people leave?

V

Vyal

UO sucks. buncha child old **** ups. people calling the shots don't help either.

W

wee papa smurf

The introduction of general chat made things ALOT worse, but you just have to grow a thick skin with all the abuse that comes with the game really.

syndael

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am on general chat, but almost never talk in it, I get a good laugh out of the drama people scream about in it, it seem mostly guild wise or groups of people you hang out with. I get something new they think" omg stealer what did you take from the guild box's to buy that!!"

L

longshanks

guys that are in stat have nothing better to do for 20 minutes so might as well stir up a poo storm.

C

Capn Kranky

I refuse to use chat - mainly because of the crap. I'm no virgin but it should be policed to some extent.

W

wee papa smurf

I refuse to use chat - mainly because of the crap. I'm no virgin but it should be policed to some extent.
Its a shame though, I see people all the time asking for help in general chat and if there are griefers on at the same time then most people will turn chat off and the one in need of help misses out or gets abuse, it should be policed a little more strictly but I don't see that happening anytime soon. If only there was a way of blocking people who constantly grief others, I mean we have the players "id" number when they speak so how hard would it be to just type the numbers into a "block" list? :gun:

xxmoondancerxx

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The thing I find quite amusing about the people that play this game is that, if you go to every shard they are talking the same ole smack in the general chat. I went from Chessy to Catskills it was like trying to flip the channel with the remote and the channel is just stuck.

Same situtations different people. If its not about who ran away from who its I rule UO because I pked you.

If general chat was about getting along and helping one another instead of talking BS maybe people wouldnt mind keeping it on. I shut it off once I see people spamming or fighting.

General chat=Poo Poo of the mouth syndrome.

I know things wont ever change but since they put this in its never been the same.:spider:

iLLegal Means

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It really does amaze me what people will do to each other in this game, stealing lying backstabbing... over a game just wows me..
just for fun y'all should go to youtube and look up "shattered crystal", or "Markee Dragon".

Marcus Eikenberry (aka Markee Dragon) interviews Richard Garriott (Lord British) and others of the early Beta days of UO. In one of the interviews LB is describing how, when he created UO, it was to be a game with no limits where folks could come and enjoy companionship with other players in a limitless world.... and to his horror he tells how he was shocked to see folks PKing each other and coming up with new (and sometimes illegal) ways to kill each other... The interview is very funny to hear LB tell it...

Melchior1

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The introduction of general chat made things ALOT worse, but you just have to grow a thick skin with all the abuse that comes with the game really.
I wholly agree. What were they thinking making general chat? 98.9% of all the lil script kiddy, drama invoking, scroll farming, trash talking immature kids (and even grown-ups), pvpers and gamers suffering from ADHD have completely ruined my tranquility. I found general chat to be a place to ask questions and get info. Now it's a faction soap opera.
Ok they can keep general chat, but the cursing and trash talk has to go. enuff is enuff.

*I support faction gear being axed*

NBG

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Personally I keep chat in the help channel. General chat is useless but the Help channel is great for people to ask for help/questions.

Chat is a feature long over due and I think the benefits for new/returning players using help channel is vital. I could careless if people go buck wild in general chat. I just wish Help channel can be off limits to such behaviors.

Event chat is another great feature. I just wish they would mute the event channel except for EM's storyline. It would make reading event progression easier from all the spams.