• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

A quick farewell

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As you may have heard, I'm now a father.

As such, my priorities have gone far away from the on-line world. Therefore, my time in UO is over.

Thanks for the memories folks! And I hope to see some of you again in the future.

The best reason to stop UO...

Uthar Pendragon

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As a father of twins (also a boy and a girl) you have your hands full....keep remembering it does get easier granted not until they are older and able to entertain each other but still there will be a light at the end of the tunnel..... and congrats. you will find your way back to UO eventually so hope you packed well.

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Congrats on the new additions! Sorry to see you leave, but those are 2 very good reasons. If I had the two of them I wouldn't want to waste a second online either. Best wishes to you and the family.
*waves*

outcry

Slightly Crazed
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They are beautiful , and the best reasons in the world enjoy them while they are young they grow up way to fast.......

Gheed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Beautiful children, congrats! You are leaving UO now but we'll see you all 3 back someday I hope. Untill then be well!

retrorider

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Cute kids, dad.

As a father of 2 and a 12+ year vet of UO, please listen when I say, "you will be back".

In no time your little ones will be sleeping the night through. When that happens you will finally have time to clean the house or play UO. In my house, "play UO" won!

Honestly, don't sell the accts and give all your stuff away. Keep all your stabled animals and houses etc... Pay $10 a month by purchasing the 6 month plan and wait and see what your life is like in 6 months.

My wife and I were going to "grow up" once we had kids and stop playing UO. When we had kids she had a GOD acct with all chars maxed out and just the templates she wanted and I had a great tamer acct.

So, we paid up the accts and then paid tons of attention to our kids.

In no time, the kids were old enough not to need us 24/7 and we had some free time to spend together in game.

If we had ditched the old accts we both would've been very, very sorry. We now play with our son who hunts pirates and merchants with me and leads our hunts into dungeons (and over protects his mother's chars from spawn!)

I think you, too, will be very sorry if you ditch it all now. Your twins will most likely bond together and start playing independently much sooner than my kids did which means your actually vacation from UO will be much shorter than mine.

Either way, good luck with the little ones. They will be the most fun you have ever had and the most stress you've ever had, but they are soooo worth it.

Blitzkrieg

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
First of all, congratulations! Twins is a great reason to occupy your time away from UO!

I do however agree with most of these ppl not to sell your accounts and what not, I am a father of 4 and the last baby we had I said screw it i'm done, I let my houses fall, everything.
Man do I regret that! I lost so much that I will never be able to replace it, but I am back nonetheless. My kids all think this game is hilarious, they call it "playing Zelda". Im like Zelda wtf?

The advice to pay ur accounts for six months and then decide is great advice.
Cute kids btw!

Schuyler Bain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ahoy Farsight - as you know, I too am a father of boy-girl twins and I wish you and your crew all the best. I have been playing UO (on and off) since launch (a few years before they were born). You have found a perfectly acceptable and admirable reason to hang up your UO uniform, but you never know when you might find your way back to these familiar waters.

*tips tricorn*

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Your babies are lovely! Good Luck fair thee well and all that!

Bob_the_fart_guy

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
First off, I'm glad they are healthy and happy. I very much hope they stay that way.

Now that I have that out of the way... "Children" are something that I decided a long, long time ago never to have. Any of my friends, and my siblings that have ever had one (or more) have always told me that they become your life. Well, I don't want to live for a kid, or as I prefer to call them... Crying-Crapping-MoneySucking-Vampires. The last thing I want to do is give up playing either my online games, or my console games. I can remember all my life when I was a young fellow people saying "You'll change your mind when you get older, you'll want kids" ... that would be a big fat negative. Every day of my life I am happier and happier that I do not have one. Don't like kids, don't want kids, can't stand them.

I do hope that anyone does not think this to be a troll post (please refer to my preface) I am glad they are healthy and happy. I am an uncle, and if anyone ever tried to hurt my 2 nieces or my nephew I would remove them from this Earth. I'm just glad I don't have any is all. I just wanted to weigh in.

So, Mr. Farsight, please do find your way back soon. Somehow. :)

MareJadeSky

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i wish you the best of luck and i hope to see you again someday i love my girls but i dont know what i would do if i didnt get to play the game when the girls are sleep, hell Victoria set next to me and love to tell me get the them mama get them it very cute

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks y'all!

I actually gave away my house about 5 months ago, played homeless for that time and didn't feel I missed anything. Everything else is banked for my eventual return, should I decide that it's time to come back. But I have no reason to pay for an account that I won't be using for the next... oh... at least 6 months.

And Bob, my wife said the same thing when we got together. But she changed her mind a few years later *grins*. Doesn't mean you have to though, and I have no intention of changing your mind.

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Bob, I will admit that some days I agree with you 100%. And as I'm sure you know from having your nieces and nephew the best kind of kids are the ones you can play with, spoil & enjoy, then send them home to their parents. But you may be surprised one day when you find yourself thinking different. I'm starting to see it happen to me (and that scares the crap out of me).

Farsight, again, sorry to see you go, but I completely understand it and I'm happy for you and your wife. I hope you don't mind, but I'm going to send the link to this thread to my sister-in-law. Maybe if she sees your picture I can convince her to make a few of her own so I'll have some cute little buggers to spoil. :D

Aedon Durreah

Village of Aegis
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Bob, I will admit that some days I agree with you 100%. And as I'm sure you know from having your nieces and nephew the best kind of kids are the ones you can play with, spoil & enjoy, then send them home to their parents. But you may be surprised one day when you find yourself thinking different. I'm starting to see it happen to me (and that scares the crap out of me).

Farsight, again, sorry to see you go, but I completely understand it and I'm happy for you and your wife. I hope you don't mind, but I'm going to send the link to this thread to my sister-in-law. Maybe if she sees your picture I can convince her to make a few of her own so I'll have some cute little buggers to spoil. :D

I would mail you mine to play with and spoil BS, but he is 29 now, and may be a tad grumpy when he arrives.

Ludes

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just wait till they get older and you can teach them Ultima.. I have seven kids and they all play except for maybe Kate she's 16 now and has other things on her mind.

At one time back when I was married we had to keep 5 computers going with accounts for the kids. Not to mention the ones my wife and I played on.

Congrats Farsight! they will bring you more joy than pain in the long run.

Pandora_CoD

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I look forward to teaching my children how to play UO and WoW and all those cool games... $10 says they are still around and still kicking by the time I decide to have my first kid! :D

Schuyler Bain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Just wait till they get older and you can teach them Ultima.. I have seven kids and they all play except for maybe Kate she's 16 now and has other things on her mind.

At one time back when I was married we had to keep 5 computers going with accounts for the kids. Not to mention the ones my wife and I played on.

Congrats Farsight! they will bring you more joy than pain in the long run.
To Ludes point my son now plays Ultima with me and I started playing before he was born.

Zuckuss

Order | Chaos
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Congrats Farsight! I am very happy for you. Good job taking a break and having your priorities in order.

Please check in on us from time to time and dont be a stranger. My vent/ICQ/E-Mail is always open for you to chat anytime.

Good luck and safe journeys on your next adventure!

Ohh and:

I guess since you have two kids now, it will take you twice as long to come back... and believe you me sir;

They always come back.

See you in the distant future.

Zuckuss

Order | Chaos
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As you may have heard, I'm now a father.

As such, my priorities have gone far away from the on-line world. Therefore, my time in UO is over.

Thanks for the memories folks! And I hope to see some of you again in the future.

The best reason to stop UO...
Now for some jokes trying to decipher the photo.

"The boy escaped from Baby Prison and has now stolen his sister's ear."

Or

"What's that I see.... a quarter! (Pulls the quarter from sister's ear).

Or

"Her hands free headset device in not working properly and she asked him to check it out for her."

Bob_the_fart_guy

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks y'all!

I actually gave away my house about 5 months ago, played homeless for that time and didn't feel I missed anything. Everything else is banked for my eventual return, should I decide that it's time to come back. But I have no reason to pay for an account that I won't be using for the next... oh... at least 6 months.

And Bob, my wife said the same thing when we got together. But she changed her mind a few years later *grins*. Doesn't mean you have to though, and I have no intention of changing your mind.

Sir, I thank you for not looking down your nose at my post. I meant no harm in it, and clearly you saw that. I can even admit that you have two very beautiful children there. :) And (after the infant and toddler years) I would love to know that they've joined the ranks of UO.

On another note... no, I won't change my mind, I've been um.. medically altered if you will (vasectomy) and I have a girlfriend that actually despises children a lot more than me. You could say it like this... I "like" children in small tiny doses. She hates them.

But please, don't mistake me, I would never wish harm on a child. I'm just glad I don't have any. And yes, it is fun being an uncle. I just enjoy my me time.

Good luck buddy. :)

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Now for some jokes trying to decipher the photo.

"The boy escaped from Baby Prison and has now stolen his sister's ear."

Or

"What's that I see.... a quarter! (Pulls the quarter from sister's ear).

Or

"Her hands free headset device in not working properly and she asked him to check it out for her."
Seriously, how could you leave out the classic
"Daaaaddddd!!! He's touching me!!!!"

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah, lets see how hard you're laughing in a few years when that's coming from the backseat during a long road trip. :D

Thom

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah, lets see how hard you're laughing in a few years when that's coming from the backseat during a long road trip. :D
And by long he means more then 5 minutes if my kids are any indication

MareJadeSky

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
hell it wont be just the kids acing that way u will start asking on long road tripe are we there yet cuz u cant take the screaming she pull my hair he pinch me i am i hunger are we there yet i have to potty

Thom

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Usually by the time we make it out the door i've already threatened them because of the hour long "where are your shoes? put your shirt back on. No... you can't ride your bike now" discussion

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Usually by the time we make it out the door i've already threatened them because of the hour long "where are your shoes? put your shirt back on. No... you can't ride your bike now" discussion
But... my wife already has those discussions with me!!!

Thom

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well then. I guess she already has practice and a technique that works hopefully. I may need to talk to your wife...

Aedon Durreah

Village of Aegis
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Do not listen to Thom, not all children are little demons in disguise. And besides, most cars have nice deep trunks.

Loren

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Good luck to you sir, may your children remain healthy wealthy and wise.

Thanks for starting the very nice thread I found on sampire, sounds very interesting.

-DOM

Zuckuss

Order | Chaos
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That takes me back to the days of elementary and squeezing every possible second of morning nickelodeon programming into my head and playing while my mom was franctically getting ready for work, making breakfast, getting me ready for school etc.

School started at 8AM and I wasted no seconds in between without the aid of a television or some sort of interesting toy or activity to occupy myself.

All I had to do was know where my shoes were and I was straight.

Those were the days.

Callista

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
First off...... I have never ever seen a sibling set that didn't argue. By themselves, my babies are angels, but you pair them with one of their brothers or sister and I'm ready to pull my hair out. Now, you take this along with trying to get five ready for school in the morning and out the door (I'm honestly suprised I have hair still after this morning). So, even the perfect angels can and do turn into demonspawn once in awhile. :p

Here's my "Angel" on her first day to third grade. *sob* My baby is growing up!!