• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

A question

D

Danse

If I choose to write a history, (of sorts), of my adventures, encounters, mishaps and the like, can I write them down and post them here?

These tales will be from all shards, those where I spent some of my time developing my play style and attitude.

My intent in writing these, is to show how I came to hold the beliefs I now hold, to tell of those I have met along the roads, who have taught me or guided me in developing myself as I am now.

Some of these tales, are funny, some are not, and some are self-crictical.

I guess I am asking permission, as I am still sorta new in this land.

please give a thumbs up if you wish me to try...a thumbs down if you had rather I pass up this chance.

You all can e-mail me at [email protected], or PM me here or use ICQ at 232 551 927

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I have a library. Please do write, as a history, in rp fashion, a travel journal, or whatever works best for you and your style.
And let me have permission to copy into an ingame book and place in my library, please :bowdown:

I have the set of Pen's Legends Magazines, a few Maplestone stories he gave me permission to copy, most of the game generated stories, and am always looking for new material.

And anyone reading, if you have something you would like to donate, let me know :D

So bottom line, I Vote Yes!! lol

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The stories that make up our friends and neighbors are always the most interesting. Perhaps your stories, Danse, will inspire those that have forgotten the tale *cough* Rumil *cough* that needs to be told.

D

Deadly Shadow

Thumbs up from me also. Love reading stories. I also have a bunch of Lord Maplestones locked down at my castle.

D

Danse

If the rest of Legends is of like mind, I shall began soon.

Good night for now...

Maplestone

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If I choose to write a history, (of sorts), of my adventures, encounters, mishaps and the like, can I write them down and post them here?
I certainly hope so, or I've been wasting a lot of peoples' time.

D

Danse

I begin by telling of the ones who came before me.

The first was Thoren, a miner/smithy, who was borned and lived out his life in the Realm of the Great Lakes. Like most of his ilk, he was a boring sort, satisfied with a pick or shovel and a hot forge. He neither read or wrote, never rose above his station. It was in the last months of his life that the BoD's, as we know them now, started and he never achieved the fame that a lot of the smithies of today have earned. Never had the ambition. He passed into history without history even knowing he had exisited.

There is not a Realm that has not known a member of my family, some are so distant, not even I remember their names. But, if ever one gets the chance, one should visit the other Realms and see the wonders there. But remember...there is no place like home.

Home became Siege Perlious for me after a short time. I was drawn by the lure of adventure, and there I found it!

T'Moria Hawkwing was her name. A more timid mouse one has never seen before, afraid of her own shadow. In the first few minutes on Siege, she had died four times over, and lost every thing she owned. A hard lesson learned.

(If ever you visit there, mind you it is not what it once was, but do not carry anything on your person you are not willing to lose. She learned quickly to travel naked and with an empty pack.)

T'Moria was gathering cotton at the Moonglow farms, when a man appeared through a magical gate. She did not tell me his name, but he told her that she could find more safety in Skara Brae, and if she would but trust him he would allow her to follow him into one of his magical gates. (On Siege, Recall does not work, one can only travel by Gates, or walk. This was also the time of Moonstones, but she never had any, and has no knowledge if they worked on Siege or not.)

She decided that his was a kind face, and followed him into the glowing blue portal. And found a home of sorts among the inhabitants of Skara. She got to know the tailors and the innkeepers in that town, which, then, was a bustling place. During the day, only the crafters seemed to frequent the shops, but in the evenings, the streets were full of the Knights and Serfs of the Round Table and a few of the citizens of Wispwoodshire, and others. *Yawns*

I will stop here for now to collect my thoughts, and try and remember things as they used to be....(If you find these recollections boring, life is not always an adventure...but, it is always a journey. Remember to stop and look around!);)

Rumil of Lorain

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
{*cough* Rumil *cough* } Ya calling me out Devils,
well this tree I have been sleeping under sure has gotten a little hard on me back,and it seems my inkwell and quills have gotten dry,
then perhaps I may as well start me journey back to civilization may take awhile ya know being an old blind elf unless someone wants ta come and guide me

Maplestone

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
T'Moria Hawkwing was her name. A more timid mouse one has never seen before, afraid of her own shadow. In the first few minutes on Siege, she had died four times over, and lost every thing she owned. A hard lesson learned.
Ouch. I've always wondered how people imagine a character's childhood on Siege. Do they grow up paranoid? Do codes of honor exist that say that children are left untouched until they come of age? Do people imagine their characters arriving at Siege from other lands?

D

Danse

T'Moria Hawkwing

The days rushed by, as T'Moria learned her skills. Gold was scarce, and when she arrive in the Realm, she had only 100 pieces. It came as a shock to find that the shopkeepers of Skara had inflated the prices of their goods to the point she was unable to purchase even a loaf of bread AND a wedge of cheese. She had no scissors, nor knife or dagger. She quickly learned to check out every pack or item dropped on the ground around the banks. She learned to ask politely, if the item belonged to anyone, and if no one claim the item she quickly tossed it in to the bank.

She struggled to feed herself, and found that the shopkeepers would not even buy the few things she was able to gather. It wasn't until her third week that one of the crafters who frequented the Bank of Skara told her that if she wanted to make a little gold, he would buy what cloth T'Moria made. With that knowledge she gathered as much wool and cotton that she could and started making the cloth in the Skara tailor shop.

It soon became evident that she needed more than just the companionship of the citizens of Skara and the other towns of the Realm. One evening, as she was returning from her chores at the tailor shop, one of the Knights of the Round Table told her that they were recruiting. If she was willing to work hard, the knight said she would take her to meet with Lord Py Lythius...(My Lord, if ye read these lines, please excuse this old mind if I have spell yer name wrong. Tis been a long while since these memories have visited there.)
T'Moria was overjoyed..to be a KNIGHT!!!...to be part of one of the strongest forces of the time...her answer was of course a resounding AYE!

(Here, I am ashamed to say, that the Lady Knight's name is beyond my remembering...but she was a brave soul and became T'Moria's mentor and confidant.)

T'Moria told me of riding out with the Lady Knight, of traveling south and a little east of Skara toward the cliff's. The Land of the Knights was called Avalon, and the keep that housed the guild stone was below the Minax Faction stronghold. She told of the feelings she had that day, of the self doubts, of her excitement. When they rode to the steps of the keep, the lady knight called out for Lord Py.

T'Moria's heart was in her throat, she had heard of this knight. He was the Champion of Justice; he and the Knights of the Round Table made right the wrongs done to the innocents of the Realm, bringing the brigands and murderers to the only justice understood in that wild land. DEATH!

He stood on the steps of Avalon Keep, dress in a snow white robe, with hair the color of silver with a beard to match, and a face that had seen much, and not all seen was pleasant. And when he spoke, the cliffs trembled and echoed his voice. "T'Moria Hawkwing, Do I understand correctly that ye wish to join our ranks? Lord Py stood at parade rest, his hand hidden behind his back, his look stern. T'Moria barely squeaked out her answer.."aye me Lord...tis my wish to become a knight." So intimidated she was, her legs would not support her, she nearly fell several times. Lord Py grilled her as to her intentions, what her dreams and goals were, were did she see herself in 4 months.

(I pause here, to shed a tear or so, for Avalon has fallen, the keep stands no more. It was lost two winters pass, when the original owner Lord Rigrovan left Avalon forever. It was Rigrovan and friends who actually founded Avalon and the Knights, but the Spirit World snatched them away, sending them to a far away land called Iraq...some returned changed, some never returned.)

T'Moria Hawkwing learned that she would not join the knights until she had proven her loyalty to the group. She would become a Serf of the Round Table. It was the duties of the serfs to keep the supplies stocked to over flowing, and each Serf was encourage to help others through out the realm as well as travel the roads collecting the items need for the guild itself. An each week, a report was to be sent to Lord Py, or the Sargent-at- Arms of the guild.

After explaining her duties as a Serf, Lord Py Introduced her to the Mayor of the Serfs. (Again I have reach a point that T'Moria cannot remember the name of this fine gentleman. She does remember him saying goodbye several years ago. He closed his houses and retired his honorable self, retiring to the Spirit World. He Has taken a trip in the name of the true GOD, He who has made all. The last word I have heard of him he was in Africa, teaching and preaching to the needy there. I have had no word since his last post...I pray he is well.

T'Moria loved the work of working for the guild. She herded the cattle and hunted the bear and harts, collecting hides and meats. And since she was a tailor, it was one of her duties to keep armor chests full. The meat was handed over to one who cooked.....Although, on Feast Days, T'Moria made special dishes that some of the knights requested...like Mongbat stew. When cooked right and slowly, this was a dish fit for royalty. Rich with onions and garlic, and a pinch of this and a dash of that...t'was her secret recipe.

It was when she finally had proven herself worthy of knighthood, that she met the Mages of Avalon. Wildfire was chief among them. and he was another that T'Moria was in awe of. She loved watching the training of the knights and mages. On One occasion, it was decided to ride to New Jhelom to train...on the CHESS BOARD!! There was to be a game of BATTLE CHESS.
Lord Py and Wildfire were the 'kings' and were to choose their pawns and such. T'Moria ended up on Lord Py's side of the board. And her training had including both fencing and magery...The last thing she remember of that night was seeing Wildfire fall just as she had released a corp por...and she was given the 'kill.'

It was not long after that that T'Moria finally had enough gold to purchase her first house. A sandstone workshop....Perfect for a tailor in training. There had been a small house plot 2 doors down from the keep. Her home became known as the Tailor of Avalon's shop.

D

Danse

T'Moria Hawkwing

As T'Moria became more adept in her skills, she began to go on patrol with the other Knights. At this time, there was a large tribe of ORC's who were lead by members of UND. They were active and harassed the innocents of the Realm. The Knights were allianced with the White Council, which was made up of those guilds who preferred the ways of Justice over the Path of Discord and Chaos.

(Here I must add, that I do not remember all of the guilds involved..., I DO remember that the Citizens of Wispwood Shire, one of the oldest guilds on Siege, were in that Alliance. It is sad that so much history of Siege and of Sosaria has been lost to us.)

One one patrol, the Knights and their allies encountered the ORC's and their masters on the road to Wispwood. The fighting was fierce, and losses on both sides were great. Some of us had to retreat to Wispwood Shire to be healed and re-equip. After T'Moria had re-equipped, she rushed out of the fortress to find that the ORC's had breeched the Shire's defenses, and magical gates were appearing and allowing them inside the Township's borders. Being a novice, and a bit foolish, T'Moria entered one of these portals, to find herself face to face with a horde of ORC's who quickly killed her. Then one of their masters opened another portal back to the Shire, allowing her to return from whence she came...this was a lesson that, unfortunately, T'Moria did not learn..she was forever rushing into situations that wiser folks would tread carefully into.

Things went on in this manner for a while, then one day, T'Moria awoke one morn to the noise of horses riding by her Small home toward the Keep of Avalon. Rigrovan and his brother, the founders of the Knights had returned from the Spirit World.

In honor of their return, a parade throughout the Realm was planned, and this event was held about 3 days after their return. It was soon after this return, that Lord Py stepped down as leader of the Knights and return leadership to Rigrovan. His leaving was a blow to a lot of the Knights, T'Moria included.

T'Moria had only known Lord Py, and her loyalties were split. She chose to remain with the Knights, but some did not. Lord Py left and founded the Knights of the Silver Serpents, building a town in the new lands of Malas called Wintermoor. Some of those she had ridden beside went with Lord Py.

T'Moria has drifted off to sleep, and when she awakes I hope she will tell more of her tale.

(If others who read this, remember things differently, please be patient, these are the remembrances of an old woman who remembers her youth differently from most.)

D

Danse

T'Moria Hawkwing

She stands looking from the roof of her small house, across the fields toward Avalon Keep. The Keep is ghostly in the early morning fog, which is fitting. Most of the Knights have moved on. Some have traveled to Wintermoor, others to Wispwood Shire. And some the spirit World has claimed.

T'Moria is saying good-bye to the place she has called home for so long. The Spirit World beckons to her as well...she will not walk these lands again. And in the blink of an eye, she is gone.

(Here Siege fades away, and a Realm known as Great Lakes rises as the home of the Hawkwing clan.) These ladies, sisters all, lead an uneventful life; doing those things we do in our own Realm. Mining, fishing...etc. There are no exciting adventures for these ladies, just hard work. But again the Spirit World calls, and even they fall into a deep sleep for a long while.

When next we visit Siege, we see it through the eyes of Nuriko. She has come to build a life here. She finds that little has changed, the weak and untrained are still set upon by those who prey on those who are unable to defend themselves.

She is told of a guild called NEW, this is a guild whose soul purpose is to give some protection to the newly arrived in the Realm of Siege. This group helps the newcomer with supplies and tools need to learn a trade. They give the new folks a place to live and offer what tools, armor, mounts and gold, that can be spared. NEW is aided by most of the established guilds on Siege; these guilds give aide when a newcomer is attacked and looted of their worldly processions.

Nuriko accepts this aide gladly, as she has no idea of what Path to take. Through NEW she meets some folks whose names she had heard from T'Moria.
Lord Py of now KSS (Knights of the Silver Serpent) and Grot of the Citizens Of Wispwood Shire, (CWS). These men ride for Justice and are still allianced with the White Council. It Is the White Council which is designated as the protector of NEW.

One is only allowed to stay in NEW one month, and when her time of leaving drew near, she traveled to Avalon, using the map T'Moria had left her.

She found Lord Rigrovan mining outside the Keep, and asked him of the Knights. During the conversation, it became clear to Nuriko that things were not as they were when T'Moria left the Realm. And even thought Rigrovan offered her a spot in the Knights, she felt disinclined to accept. These were not the Knights she had been told about.

She thanked Lord rigrovan for his time and traveled on through the land, finding the tunnel that leads to Delucia.

Nuriko knew that in order to keep from losing her precious tools to brigands, she would have to carry only those few she had to have to mine ore. The rest she keep in the bank till she had need for them.

It was in Delucia she met a lady named Mojolnaira (Lady forgive the spelling please.) She was kind and friendly and Nuriko was starved for human conversation. The two of them talked a while, and MJ, offered to help Nuriko get one of those wonderful blue bugs to help carry her ore to the forge.

It was a slow beginning between these two, but soon Nuriko and Lady MJ were soon fast friends. It was MJ who gave Nuriko the gold to purchase her first home in Malas. It was MJ who introduced Nuriko to the wonderful town of Iantown, and all those who inhabited it. And it was Nuriko, as a joke, who ruined this relationship. But that is a tale for another day. A lot has been left out here, but if these tales be told as they should, even those parts where the teller was in the wrong needs be told.

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
wonderful stories, Danse

Uriah, you will need another table on the roof, I think ;)

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yes. :)

Copying them now *grins*

*thinks, "I need more empty books!"

D

Danse

Nuriko

An important tool for the miner, and other gatherers and crafters, is a sturdy pack animal. And, for Nuriko, it was the gift of a blue bug she named Valorite. He was as blue as the ore of his namesake, and extremely ornery.
One seldom saw that blue bug without Nuriko, or she without him.

The Lady MJ, was instrumental in Nuriko even having Valorite. It was she, who had a friend of hers tame the beetle, and she gave him over to Nuriko, reminding her to feed him with raw meat often and to treat him with respect and kindness.

The lady MJ knew the importance of having friends to help you in the harsh land of Siege, and she had many friends throughout the land. One of these was Kelmo, mayor of Iantown. (Iantown is still located in the Valley of the Sheep, just west of Gravewater Lake. Kelmo's Iantown Tavern is always open, but one may have to depend on the barkeep to get an ale or two..you may have to shout at him...as he is a bit deaf.)

Kelmo, Sissy, Miss Tea, Spree, Ru, and all the rest made Lady MJ and Nuriko feel like family. They offered both a place in the township, and both became members of the guild known as I^A. (Here I must apologize to those in Iantown I have not mentioned here. I have forgotten much...)

Nuriko moved to Iantown itself, about two lots from the town hall just south of the Tavern...times were good. And, sadly things began to change, as things will. Lady MJ was offered a position with the Knights of the Silver Serpent. She became a Knight and moved to Wintermoor. And as things will happen, she and Nuriko, while still friends, were not as close.

Call it jealousy, or whatever, Nuriko jokingly spoke to another friend, about the Lady MJ. Wondering out loud, what if the Lady was assinated...that Nuriko meant no real harm matters not. This 'friend' WAS an assassin, and he took it upon himself to make Nuriko's 'joke' happen. Looking back on the event, Nuriko began to believe that the fellow used this as a way to test his skills against the Knights..to stealth into their stronghold during one of their sacred ceremonies...and murder one of their own. He knew, she thought, he would die as well, but this was something that would become legend.

Nuriko did not consider the consequences of this act, in fact she had no knowledge of it for a full day. She was arrested by the Knights, and charged with the murder as was the assassin. Nuriko never knew what penalty the assassin was given, and that does not matter. She ruined her friendship with Lady MJ. For that she was given the penalty of not being able to ride an animal of any kind for a month, and she was to work with the NEW for the month as well. It was not punishment, for Nuriko enjoyed being around the newcomers to Siege.

She tried to make amends with Lady MJ, but their relationship was ruined, and eventually they had ceased to speak entirely. The breech was all Nuriko's fault, she could not handle the guilt of her loose tongue. Her misspoken words to the false friend could never be erased.

It has only been in the recent month's that Nuriko has finally accepted that the fault here was only her own. No one else caused this mess but her.

Phantroneous

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*sighs* "it seems to Sound alot like i remember it.... if im not mistaken that month in which Nuriko was working with New is the same Month i started or around that time"

Ouch. I've always wondered how people imagine a character's childhood on Siege. Do they grow up paranoid? Do codes of honor exist that say that children are left untouched until they come of age? Do people imagine their characters arriving at Siege from other lands?
as for your thought maplestone, i grew up on siege my entire life has been there.... no the children are not paranoid at least not from what i went through, i was taught that no matter what happends i shouldnt fear, things we dont understand we shouldnt fear , best just to learn about them.... and to be careful....

D

Danse

If anyone has been offeneded by these tales, I am sorry. These events happened, for some I am sorry, for others I enjoyed myself. I have no desire to return to Siege. But I DO intend on continuing to play this game...

I will not write any more for now.

D

Danse

Sorry, Uriah.

I am looking for those tales that Aeric Horn wrote, they explain a lot of what came next. I had to reformate and some of my documents got lost during that process. I have contacted some I know from Siege, hoping one of them will send me copies of them....if not I must rely on my faulty memories again.

Maplestone

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I will not write any more for now.
:sad2:

edit: that icon is supposed to look sad, but the picture looks like it might be screaming or laughing or any number of things that it's not supposed to look like ... anyway, it's supposed to look sad

P

Pennywise

Y-y-yes, please post.

I-I-I myself copy and paste mine too books in games, and called dems "Pennys Naughty Bedtimes Stories."

Daez last fer da whiles, but whens my daughters comes on ones inz da whiles nows, daez usually unlocks dems and throws demz in da roads.

So, writes. Somebodies likes meez mayz comes alongs to reads.

Pennys.

D

Danse

Nuriko

It had been a month since Nuriko returned to Iantown from her tasks with the NEW group. She had been offered a place among the leadership there, but had decided that the Spirit World demanded too much of her time. She felt that it would be unfair to those newly come to Siege for her to take the position, as they needed some one who could be available daily.

She returned to her mining, and she had just finished her training as an Elder Mage, and used this 'magics' to travel about the Realm to reach those spots that would have taken her days to reach. She had been given the book that taught her to mine stone, and there was a Huge demand for that material. Most she sold to her friend, Tina Tink, the GM of NEW. She had advertised through the Sky Boards that she was willing to mine the stone for anyone who needed it and her prices were usually lower than most.

It was then she met, first Ginsu, and through him, his brother. They seemed to already know each other, and both were not surprised that they were indeed related...they were cousins. They would spend hours talking about the family, catching up on the family news.

(I will pause here, hoping to be able to locate the tales that Ginsu wrote as Aeric Horn. I hope that I am able to retrieve these, as they are so much better than anything I can write here. He put his heart into all of the tales he wrote, and it shows.)