• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

A question regarding PvP in Oceania

Clog|Mordain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oceania is very similar... Although you can usually find some pvp every night. Most of the pvpers here run gimped up templates tho, which IMHO has turned everyone off of PVP on oceania.

But come give it a go. Its the only way you'll find out.

EDIT: The PVP on Arirang must be terrible if you ping 300ms and you dont find it very competitive.

Clog|Mordain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There is AUPK/OPK[TB] and GIMP[MIN]/3T. There are a couple of other smaller ones out there that show their face every now and then when they get the courage.

Occationally there is SSO/FACT around, but they are only active for about a month at a time. They get bored and go play UOGamers.

What do you ping on Oceania?

Sneaky Que

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'd appreciate it if anyone would be so kind to give me a brief idea on what the PvP scene looks like here.

By looking at the shard guild listings, Oceania is considerably bigger than Arirang. This is not surprising as Ari has always been a small shard, much like the other Korean shard Balhae. Most Asian players play on Yamato, Asuka (Japan) or Formosa (Republic of China {a.k.a.}Taiwan).

If you have a better ping to Oce then I would definatly recommend moving here. What is your ping and what country do you live in?

R

Reximus

You won't find PvP everynight.

And if you do find pvp, it'll be OPK with tamers/stealth archers.

Sneaky Que

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
??

Malakais = Dismount Bokuto Tamer
Archie = Stealth Archer
Uhhh, no, Mala is a ninja, he changed the template awhile ago and doesnt have taming. Archie hardly plays anymore and when he does he usually uses Hard Yakka.

You are the ones who exclusively PvP on archers.

H

Held

He said stealth archers...

And OPK exclusively play bokuto or nox ninjas now.

H

Held

How can a mage fight 3 dexxers with cleaver + 2 bokutos. Never have a chance to cast,

Clog|Mordain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nice Hi-jack.

I'm about most nights looking for a fight, be free to come take some insurance off me, hell you might be lucky and my suit drop too... I'm about due for that to happen again

Clog|Mordain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
erm Clog I pwn you mage vs mage kk
Erm, as you should. I play a necro 99% of the time, and with the amount you apple i cant get any decent damage. Its almost like playing a wrestle mage against you. you negate 225 skill points with 1 item.

Anyway, leave this talk for the PVP thread and left stop the derail of this one.

D

Dain

Perhaps it's time I did a bit of networking and see what I can do to bring a few people back to UO. It's been a while hasn't it.

And I do hope that what Held says about OPK exclusively bring Ninjas is true, which I don't doubt, because Gauguin has little to no difficulty dropping them with my awesome speedhacking abilities. :)