a question of monster loot...

• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!
D

Detharleon

Ok, noob question of the moment but how does looting work in regards to peerless? say for example 3 people are beating on dreadhorn, is it fastest clicker gets all the goodies or is there some division based on damage done, etc?

It's a stupid question but I dont want to be 'that guy' who steals all of the good items off a corpse, screwing others. On the other hand, I dont want to be the one screwed so if it's a free for all I need to be expecting it.

thanks.

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mar 19, 2003
Catskills
I believe that it's a ranking based on who does the most damage. As far as I know you can click to attack a monster until you're blue in the face, it's not going to make much difference in regards to your accuracy, or amount of damage done.

G

If you are in a party then all loot is available to all in party so quickest would get best. This is usually why most people will drop a party once peerless is almost dead that way you all get your own corpse loot. Person who does most damage is the char that game would do luck calculations against to determine loot quality think its then a random generation as to who gets what loot though

I

imported_athos_uo

-At first, you should be in top attackers list(FoF, Jan. 19,2007):
<blockquote><hr>

""On a normal monster, only the top attacker gets looting rights. " This statement is incorrect."

The second half of Item #1 in last week's FoF is in fact incorrect (which is entirely my fault, not Wilki's.) Here is more info on how looting rights are determined:

- If the max hp of the creature is:
less than 200 hp: you have to do at least 1/2 of the top attacker's damage to get looting rights.
between 200 and 1000 hp: you have to do at least 1/4 of the top attacker's damage to get looting rights.
between 1000 and 3000 hp: you have to do at least 1/8 of the top attacker's damage to get looting rights.
3000 or more hp: you have to do at least 1/16 of the top attacker's damage to get looting rights.

- The person who does the first blow gets their damage multiplied by 125% for the purposes of calculating looting rights

- First and last blows are also used in calculating a tiebreaker, but as you'd have to do EXACTLY the same amount of damage, ties would be rare.

[/ QUOTE ]
- Secondly, items will be placed in each instanced corpse as follows(FoF, Jan. 12, 2007):
<blockquote><hr>

4. Loot is divided up amongst all players who would have gained looting rights individually based on their own damage.

a. The loot is divided up randomly in equal shares, i.e. the player that did the most damage gets the same amount of loot as the player who did the least amount of damage (while still doing enough damage to get looting rights).

[/ QUOTE ]
-Thirdly, patch note of Pub 28 describes how the loots are divided:
<blockquote><hr>

# Players or parties who make the top attackers list will receive an “instanced” loot container
# This corpse container will only be accessible by the player and not viewable by others for 3 minutes
<ul>[*]Gold will be split evenly among all players on the top attackers list[*]Generic stackable items (bolts/arrows, jewels, reagents, etc.) will also be divided among the top attackers[*]Each player has a chance to receive up to 1/N (rounded up) of the creature’s total items (where N = # top attackers)[*]Resources (meat, skins, etc.) will go to the player on the top attackers list who first cuts up the corpse[*]Items the creature has looted from a player will only be available to the player they came from for 3 minutes[/list]

[/ QUOTE ]

D

Detharleon

Ok, that part about the instanced corpses was what I was looking for. So I don't have to worry about taking something that I'm not entitled to.

Thanks for the breakdown on all of that, appreciate it!