• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

A question about calling Cog invasions

james64468

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Do I need to fill my book before being able to call cog invasions? I am level 2 bloodsucker.

G

Granjell

Hi James - you get a random summons each time you do a CJ. You have to check your book each time to see if you get an invasion or not. I know people who got invasions the second time they were in CJ, and it took me until Double Talker to get my first one. I just got my third one ever at Legal Eagle 11. You can call an invasion any time you have one in your cog gallery, but filling your book will take you quite a while yet!

F

Fangs McWolf

Do I need to fill my book before being able to call cog invasions? I am level 2 bloodsucker.
Some info for you. What Granjell told you is correct. Here's more information on it.

Each time you win a CJ battle, you get a summons. It is randomly chosen for the cog and type (cog, building or invasion). But there is a catch, you cannot get a summons for something you already have. This is a blessing in disguise really. There are 96 different summons in all and so as you collect summons, you fill in the ones you don't have yet.

To say it a different way, if you had all 96 summons and then used one to call a Big Cheese invasion (to make Trish all happy), the next time you CJ and win, you will get a summons for a Big Cheese invasion because it's the only one that is still empty. If you have all 96 and use 10 invasions from your book, then your next 10 CJ's will get you nothing but invasion summons.

The best advice to follow is this.. Never use your building and cog summons, as they open up spaces for a summons to fill. Instead, keep ALL building and cog summons and as you do, your odds for an invasion summons will increase. It's just how it works. If you only use invasion summons, then eventually, you'll fill all your cog and building summons and only have room for invasions.

There is actually a summons checklist that I made. I can try to put it up for you and then you can print it, laminate it and use a dry erase marker to track what you have (and rub off what you use). I print up copies, perm mark the cogs and buildings, and then use easy to ignore marks for the invasions, so that I can scribble as I gain/use them.

:)

G

Granjell

Yeah - what Fangs said - I used a few building summonses and a couple of cog summonses just to see what they did, because I did not have the voice of wisdom whispering in my little green ears. If you like the CJ battle, it shouldn't be problem for you. I died my first five times in CJ, so I kind of have a slight aversion to it (but it's getting better after going with Stratics peeps, cuz they are all so GREAT!!!) Now I need 8900 notices and will be a Big Wig.

Fangs, I'd like a summons checklist, please. Thanks very much!