• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

A Public Service Announcement!

Athelas

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Hello everyone, I just wanted to take this time and tell you all that Europa Traders suit has been paid for. Therefore no further donations are required. Supposedly some folks are attempting scam festival goers by attempting to collect donations.

Be Safe!

Apetul

Rares Fest Host | LS April 2011
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thats cool !

Just wondering, what happened with the gold excedent on the donations? cause i think the sum of the donated gold plus the items donated that were auctioned reached more than 1.1b

tehfloof

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hello everyone, I just wanted to take this time and tell you all that Europa Traders suit has been paid for. Therefore no further donations are required. Supposedly some folks are attempting scam festival goers by attempting to collect donations.

Be Safe!
I would also like to say to be aware of certain people trying to scam. They ask you to bring your rares item with you to trade for thiers then open a fel gate quickly on top of a tram gate. I saw the flash of red and called them out on it and they broke party. Typical.:bored:

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Good warning on the gates. Always ask them to meet you at the location rather than go through an unknown gate.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
awesome work colecting the donations...

just a thought..and dont jump down my throat..im just saying its a awefull lot of gold..........

was the suit really really worth 1,2b??? honestly??

just saying..dont think it had no bids on it...would anyone have paid this price??maybe i live a different uo life.....

anyways the badness a become goodness....hail the rares comunity....bravo

Europa Trader

Sage
Stratics Veteran
awesome work colecting the donations...

just a thought..and dont jump down my throat..im just saying its a awefull lot of gold..........

just saying..dont think it had no bids on it...would anyone have paid this price??maybe i live a different uo life.....

anyways the badness a become goodness....hail the rares comunity....bravo

Well the 2nd helm that was also on auction was sold for 250m so dont see why the suit cant be worth 1,2b or event more. But it was later stolen and when you get into rares and collecting you will learn a lot of items are worth a lot. Hey I sold a mini Cherry tree (1 of 10) for 530m Expecting worth 300m but it went for more.... not long ago the Sparkled Dress from thing went for 850m also a (1 of 10) Some people just have the gold and doesnt know what to spend it on because they keep getting a lot of gold.

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Having worked in collectibles for many years, you learn that the value anything is what someone is willing to pay for it. Even when it seems outrageous to everyone else.

Apetul

Rares Fest Host | LS April 2011
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thats cool !

Just wondering, what happened with the gold excedent on the donations? cause i think the sum of the donated gold plus the items donated that were auctioned reached more than 1.1b
Too bad i need to quote myself on this, but i havent received an answer yet.

So far the info I've seen is:

GOLD
Angel Dust 15 Mill
Manticore 100 Mill
Faeryl 25 Mill
Gareth 50 Mill
Wootsauce 100 Mill
Europa Trader 100 Mill
Apetul 50.000.001 Mill
Blend 100 Mill
Clops 100 Mill

ITEMS
Athelas Babycakes Oven
Restroom Cowboy An Kal Lem Statue
Tam Fibril Of The Gyre Of Existence
Promathia Unwilling Victim Of Bellatrix Adhara's Crystal Widow Abomination
So.. where is the -updated- info about how much gold was donated and how much these items were auctioned for? and, what happened with the excedent?

Thanks.

Athelas

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Too bad i need to quote myself on this, but i havent received an answer yet.

So far the info I've seen is:

So.. where is the -updated- info about how much gold was donated and how much these items were auctioned for? and, what happened with the excedent?

Thanks.

Well I can't say how much it came to since I didn't actually do the gold collecting. The list should be updated though, so we get the amounts right. Angel Dust actually ended up donating 30 mill and not 15 in the end and I don't believe either of the other donated items ended up selling in the auction.
So the gold totals I have are as follows:

GOLD
Angel Dust 30 Mill
Manticore 100 Mill
Faeryl 25 Mill
Gareth 50 Mill
Wootsauce 100 Mill
Europa Trader 100 Mill
Apetul 50.000.001 Mill
Blend 100 Mill
Clops 100 Mill

ITEMS
Athelas Babycakes Oven - 320 Mill
Restroom Cowboy An Kal Lem Statue -Didn't meet reserve
Tam Fibril Of The Gyre Of Existence - (buyer says 125 mill)
Promathia Unwilling Victim Of Bellatrix Adhara's Crystal Widow Abomination - No sale