• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

A problem with giving away the WWI Cards...

W

wtfisit123

The beta key code that guarenteed a spot for the Wotlk beta is a tad late because they ended the guarenteed spot invites on August 1st as told to me by a blizzard employee. They may change the date due to all of the people that are inserting the code late due to the wowlympics contests, but no news on that yet, and if there will be it will be in the wow forums.

L

Lag

Dont worry. Eldorian and I (mostly Eldorian) are aware of this and have talked to blizzard (mostly Eldorian, again). It's a guarenteed spot, since I know people who have registered WWI cards after Aug 1 that have gotten invites.

E

Eldorian

The beta key code that guarenteed a spot for the Wotlk beta is a tad late because they ended the guarenteed spot invites on August 1st as told to me by a blizzard employee. They may change the date due to all of the people that are inserting the code late due to the wowlympics contests, but no news on that yet, and if there will be it will be in the wow forums.
No. I have it confirmed from a community manager that the cards will work all through the beta. There is no cut off date.

S

Ssonic19

I was under the impression that they no longer take codes from Blizzcon, but the WWI cards are still good.

It would be silly for Blizzard to hand out cards that can't be used.

F

Fojos

Registering before 1st of August wasn't required for guaranteed spot, it was just required for a certain wave of invites that has already been sent.

N

Nyaz

Indeed, I believe that Blizzard stated that if you wanted to be in the upcoming wave of beta keys, you should register before August 1st. (And that wave has already passed.)

Speaking of which - there ought to be a new wave real soon, no?

R

Rockafizz

Indeed, I believe that Blizzard stated that if you wanted to be in the upcoming wave of beta keys, you should register before August 1st. (And that wave has already passed.)

Speaking of which - there ought to be a new wave real soon, no?
I hope i get my WII card and the whole switch to US thing done before the next wave.

you live in EU though right..so you dont have to get your switch to US thing done...but you have to wait a realllly long time for your card.

N

Nyaz

Actually, our brave friend Eldorian posted the codes on the card through a PM on the forums to make sure I got them (as overseas mail can be a ****-up sometimes).

So I've already signed up my key :p

Now I just have to wait for the next wave of invites... *snooore*

W

wtfisit123

ok guys ty, so if you were right and its every two weeks, the next invite wave should be.... the 29th? which btw, sweet, is in 3 days

R

Rockafizz

ok guys ty, so if you were right and its every two weeks, the next invite wave should be.... the 29th? which btw, sweet, is in 3 days
God i hope its on the 29th...However when i read the Forums lag put in his list of things to do when the winners get thier cards it sais some people have been waiting up to 4 weeks....Not sure if they were cardholders or opt-ins so you probably dont have to worry

N

Nyaz

I've been camping my mailbox for about a week now... so, anytime now!