• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(RP) A Plea for Compassion

L

Lindae

Greetings, fellow inhabitants of Britain.

As you are all well aware, the city has recently been afflicted with a plague of madness: a bizarre condition, widespread and possibly contagious, that causes erratic, aggressive behaviour. It is clear that this is a form of mental illness, possibly organic in origin, possibly hysterical, but nevertheless potent and debilitating.

It distresses me that in this city, the citizens of which claim Compassion as their founding virtue, those afflicted with this mysterious disorder are being mistreated and abused. On several occasions I have witnessed them being assaulted, beaten, and put to death both by citizens and by the Town Guards.

http://i52.***********/2afg1s6.jpg

This is nothing less than cruel. They are still humans and they are worthy of treatment as such. Threatening though their behaviour may seem, they possess no greater strength than the average man, and are easy to subdue non-violently; why, then, are they subjected to such brutality when the humane thing to do would be to quarantine them until the cause and cure for this sickness is found?

I do not blame the guards of Britain for returning violence with violence, but I feel that some restraint on their behalf is required. These diseased men and women remain citizens of Britannia, and they deserve sympathy and assistance, not cruelty.

Next time you encounter a crazed person, whether you be a guardsman or a bystander, please consider their rights as a human being before you act, and endeavour to treat them only with compassion.

http://i55.***********/zjuxas.jpg

L

Lindae

Compassion?
You will be shown the Compassion of the Grave.
...why is it that my every little whim and quirk is endlessly indulged by the people of Britain, but the moment I try to do something genuinely humanitarian, I receive death threats? Good God, you people are bizarre.

Y

Yalp

Does one not put down a rabid dog out of compassion? Should one not show the same compassion to those rabid among us? Let them rest the eternal rest, sleep the eternal slumber.. let them have peace at last!

Why would you want to deny those most in need of peace and comfort? Why are you so heartless? Why do you want those unfortunate souls to be tormented any longer?

You, sir, are a cold-hearted beast!

L

Lindae

Does one not put down a rabid dog out of compassion?
These are not rabid dogs! They are human beings! How can you call them that? Is a human less worthy of humanity if they are mad? What if they are sick? What if they are handicapped? If you can justify murdering a madman because he is suffering, would you do the same to somebody who had been maimed? Somebody born blind? A lame child? Do you become less human if you fall physically ill? Where does it end?

Should one not show the same compassion to those rabid among us? Let them rest the eternal rest, sleep the eternal slumber.. let them have peace at last!
Why would you want to deny those most in need of peace and comfort? Why are you so heartless? Why do you want those unfortunate souls to be tormented any longer?
You, sir, are a cold-hearted beast!
Compassion! Compassion! These people are not rabid; they are sick, yes, but do you know that they can't recover? I have been bitten by one and I am unaffected; the disease is not contagious. They pose no threat to the populace. They are suffering, yes, but is it not preferable to let them suffer a little longer with the eventual hope of recovery, rather than killing them outright?

The public handling of this situation disgusts me. You are brutalising your own countrymen and justifying it by saying that their condition lowers them to the level of animals. I say that you are the ones acting like animals here. Where is your humanity?

L

Lindae

I hate you all! I hope your city burns down!!

*nervous breakdown*

Y

Yalp

I have no objection, since you are so full of compassion, if you want to quarter these individuals in your home, you would volunteer to take care of them until such time as a cure is found? My tinker could provide you with a sturdy lock and key to keep them inside your home in case there are other innocents wandering by who might be attacked by these poor sick individuals. My compassion will show itself when I put them out of their great torment and agony.

I wish not for our little ones to be harmed or injured by these rampaging humans. It would not do well for an unsuspecting shopper at the market to be attacked or savagely beaten.

It is odd that we don't see any of them in the healers quarters. Perhaps these infected humans don't want to get better? But that is just an errant thought......

SuperKen

Slightly Crazed
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I agree with OP.

Let's reserve the beatings and killings for the gargoyles.