• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(RP) A petition to the King.

Bobar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sitting at his desk and idly running his finger around the rim of his wineglass Lord Sparrow pondered on recent events. This kingdom seems ever in a turmoil for one reason or another, no continuity, no thread running constantly through its happenings. He thought about the King and considered his position. This King had many problems and it would seem, no good friend with whom to share them, which might ease the burden. Dupre? a friend yes, but close? probably not. Sparrow could bring no one to mind. He had advisors certainly, probably more than he wanted, or needed. Not an ideal situation this, something was missing here.
The present King had been such a friend to the first King, maybe someone with whom he could discuss things would help him avoid some of the social errors he had inadvertently committed.

The Kingdom too was not in an ideal position, since the time of the first King there had been no bloodline, no succession and so when the King left there was nobody to inherit and take over the reins of government. This had long been a source of discontent, a Kingdom with no King can hardly be called a Kingdom. A false King arose because of the lack of legal claimants to the throne That was it! this is what is lacking!. AN HEIR!. Whilst the King could not as yet be considered old he was certainly no longer young and the time to consider this is now!

Excited Sparrow took up his pen and wrote to the King.

Your Majesty,
Your humble servant Lord Sparrow writes now to ask you to consider if it would not be in the best interests of both Yourself and the Kingdom that you should take a wife. The Kingdom would benefit greatly should you do so and then produce an heir to the throne. The Kingdom would also have a Queen to act as Regent should it be necessary should you be absent for any reason. I think the citizens themselves would be delighted should this happen, a Royal Wedding is always a public holiday. Of course finding the right Lady would not be easy, a much wiser man than I once said, 'Who can find a virtuous woman? for her price is above rubies'. But if you could find one?. A queen could share some of your burdens and is it not true that 'a problem shared is a problem halved'?.

I am certain that such a course of action would benefit the realm considerably, giving some certainty and continuity at the same time and also removing the spectre of the rudderless ship which was with us for so long before your acession to the throne. Should you leave for any reason the realm is lost again, but with an heir?.

I submit this for your consideration.
With the greatest respect - Lord Sparrow Duke of Moonglow.

Alex"Drake Iron Heart"CS

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
*Intercepts message from Lord Sparrow to the King*
*Kills the messenger so there is no witnesses*

As Drake, sits home, after beating his brother Zaptor senseless in a drunken fight...... *Reads the letter*

He thinks to himself about the future lineage of the Kingdom, and how there is no heir as explained in the letter....
Could this be the change I am looking for? A better future??? *Scratches his head and cleans his wounds*
I have been trying to look for an answer or reason why our King has lack of love and compassion for his people.
Maybe he is just lonely, and has no one to speak to and share his burden......
I have at least Kalimana, to hear me out in my bad days, and she is the one with the big responsibility of guiding the guild members.....
Well imagine the King, I never thought of this, but I do feel a bit sorry for him for being all alone, and with no one.
Maybe Lord Sparrow is right, our King needs a son and wife to bring out his sweeter side, if he has one.....
Well the gods will tell if our might King, decides to Wed and bring forth his lineage.
I might ask him if he wants to have a double marriage with Me and Kali, so he is not that scared to commit......
Although I am scared, Kali, has began to play alot with her GD, dont want to cross her....

Drake Ironheart

*Seal letter back up*
*Fakes Lords Sparrows wax seal*
*Calls messenger and pays him to deliver quick to the King*