• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

A personal tour of the Semperoper Theater in Malas

Sam the Scribe

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hello Friends,

My name is Elavain, and I am the General Manager of the Semperoper Theater in Malas (ATL). If you have few moments to spare, I would like to give you a brief tour of the theater. We will be holding our first public auditions soon so I hope that this tour will familiarize you with the Theaters location and unique architectural characteristics.

The Semperoper Theater is located in Malas on the Atlantic Shard. Just north of Hanse's Hostel. You can also exit the South gate of Luna and follow the road and you will eventually find it. Rune coordinates are: 22o 9'N 20o 23'W

The Theater is an 18x18 structure that features a backstage area with storage and a crafter workshop. A small dressing room is also located in this area.

The public entrance faces the road and as you approach you will be greeted warmly by Clarence the Watchman. Always helpful, he will be glad to give you information on upcoming auditions, shows and he will even let you know how recently his schedule was updated. As a recent immigrant to our lands, his knowledge of Sosarian is limited, but he does know a few words. A small booklet on the counter in front of Clarence explains how to interact with him.

From the ticket counter, you continue up the wide staircase to the second floor of the Theater. This is the public seating area and stage. If you look closely you will also see one of the few water closets in use in Sosaria.

Continue upwards and you reach the third floor balcony seating. The VIP seating is to the South.

Continue up the stairs to the Cherry Blossom Lounge and you are greeted warmly by Margarita the Barkeep.

The weather in Malas is beautiful most of the year and you will find a visit to the rooftop lounge enjoyable. There is also a small stage on the roof, which will feature musicians and comedians.

Now, let's return to the back-stage entrance on the south side of the building. You will notice several teleporters along the west wall. This series of teleporters provides access to the stage. Each is labeled. The stage has been constructed with a barrier to prevent the public from entering from the second floor, and the teleporters are the only means of access. During performances, the teleporters and backstage doors will be set to guild only security, but you are welcome to visit between performances and look around the entire facility.

As you can see the stage has plenty of room for sets and props. The Theater has one full time tinker and a massive inventory of deco which gives us a lot of leeway in designing creative stage settings for our productions.

Right about now, you are scratching your head... thinking the designers forgot something... an orchestra pit! Well, after careful consideration the designers built a special balcony above the stage for the orchestra. This allows the patrons in the public seating area an unobstructed view and provides the best sound distribution for both public and balcony seating.

I've asked the folks at Winterbreeze, Goodmans and Rachel's Runes to have public runes to the theater available at their libraries and shops.

Please come by any time. Remember, Clarence is your best source for current information on theater events so please chat with the poor lad. He gets so lonely out there by himself. Well, the bats keep him company... um... well maybe you should pay him a visit anyway.

Robin Goodfellow is planning a public audition soon and that will be a lot of fun for everyone. You will not need to join a guild or pay to participate in the audition events. They will happen often so that folks with different schedules get a chance to participate.

To perform in a show, you will need to be able to be guilded. As I mentioned earlier, the teleporters and backstage access will be set to guild only during actual performances, but there is always the rooftop stage for impromptu performances! If you are interested in joining the guild, attend a public audition and speak with me.

The Cherry Blossom Lounge can also be rented for meetings or parties. Ask Margarita or me for details. She works the same as Clarence, there is a book in front of her with keywords. I only charge rental fees if you require special services, or exclusive access for your group. If you just want to stop by and hang out after a hunt you are certainly welcome anytime!

Thank you for coming to visit!

- Elavain
General Manager, Semperoper Theater and Cherry Blossom Lounge

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
what a lovely theatre :) best of luck with your shows! break a leg!

Sam the Scribe

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Very nice, looks like was hard work.
I'm glad you mentioned the hard work... I failed to credit Lord William, who worked hard to create exceptional quality chairs, lanterns and goodness knows what else to help furnish the theater.

As a credit to his patience and craftsmanship, Lord William made an entire set of lamps for the edge of the stage... I don't remember what type... However, Robin took one look a them and then decided he preferred a different type of lantern.

Without a single complaint, Lord William made a new set of exceptional lanterns to light the stage.

A skilled craftsman, and a gentleman who offers help without asking for a reward or offering a single complaint.

Thank you Lord William for your contributions to the Semperoper Theater!

- Elavain

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Great idea and execution!

I wonder, can you hear performers from the balcony seating?

Sam the Scribe

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Great idea and execution!

I wonder, can you hear performers from the balcony seating?

Yes, I tested that during the early construction. However, depending on exactly where you are seated it's possible that you may not hear speech from every point on the stage.

Kinda like a real theater, eh? ;)

Safe Travels, Sam

Sarsmi

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Throw some comm crystals around and it won't be a problem. =)

J

jelinidas

Very well done! Dont forget to update on first proformance!

K

kray2s

If you put as much hard work and graft into the shows that you have done with the building that theatre is going to become "the" place to be seen very quickly!

How much are the tickets??????

Also, do you have any space in your ranks for a warm up artist or maybe a comedy night lol?

M

Morgana LeFay (PoV)

Congratulations on this accomplishment!

It is things like this that make UO truly unique!

I know of a young bard that I will certainly send to audition for you...and I also am well acquainted with the famous tailor, Bill Blas...whom I am certain would jump at the chance to design costumes for your productions.

Please let me know if I can be of any assistance to you and your troop!