• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

A Note On Oceania

Zosimus

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am an American and it sickens me to hear some of my fellow Americans to take advantage of this sitution. Its definelty not fair to Oceania and ALL its players. Yes its a game, but it's a a sad day to take advantage of this situation when Australian players cant do much about it. Basically it's deplorable in my book. To any americans players reading this, show our Australian allies some respect in their time of need. Post compliants and help them on stratics. Not create chars and farm their shard. Its an ozzy shard not an American shard last I knew. The US has plenty of shards to choose from.

It's been 6 years since I have played Oceania and I enjoyed my time on your shard when I did. Made plenty of freinds and enjoyed my pvp and pvm experience. You all rocked. Was good times. My ping was an average of 113 to 130 from the east coast location in the US. I also played the japanes shards which I averaged a 150 to 170 ping. Way much better then current Ozzy's are getting to a japanese shard. My heart goes out to you all and HOPE that EA brings the servers back.

Keep fighting Oceania. Stand together and fight your cause. MAKE Cal answer instead of his usual dance and weave through a maze of words. Cal is your target since he speaks for UO. No matter who disputes that fact he is the spokesperson for UO and he needs to answer for the folly that this has caused. All shards should embrace your cause. Oceania is your house and home. I would want other shards help fight for my house and home if I was in the same situation. It's time for us to stand by our brothers and sisters from down under. We all may be seprated by seas, nations, and culture but in UO we all are family. I stand by your side.

[youtube]cwmOvHGzq1I&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]

Clog|Mordain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am an American and it sickens me to hear some of my fellow Americans to take advantage of this sitution. Its definelty not fair to Oceania and ALL its players. Yes its a game, but it's a a sad day to take advantage of this situation when Australian players cant do much about it. Basically it's deplorable in my book. To any americans players reading this, show our Australian allies some respect in their time of need. Post compliants and help them on stratics. Not create chars and farm their shard. Its an ozzy shard not an American shard last I knew. The US has plenty of shards to choose from.

It's been 6 years since I have played Oceania and I enjoyed my time on your shard when I did. Made plenty of freinds and enjoyed my pvp and pvm experience. You all rocked. Was good times. My ping was an average of 113 to 130 from the east coast location in the US. I also played the japanes shards which I averaged a 150 to 170 ping. Way much better then current Ozzy's are getting to a japanese shard. My heart goes out to you all and HOPE that EA brings the servers back.

Keep fighting Oceania. Stand together and fight your cause. MAKE Cal answer instead of his usual dance and weave through a maze of words. Cal is your target since he speaks for UO. No matter who disputes that fact he is the spokesperson for UO and he needs to answer for the folly that this has caused. All shards should embrace your cause. Oceania is your house and home. I would want other shards help fight for my house and home if I was in the same situation. It's time for us to stand by our brothers and sisters from down under. We all may be seprated by seas, nations, and culture but in UO we all are family. I stand by your side.

[youtube]cwmOvHGzq1I&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]
Thanks for your support. But its funny to see these scroll farmers running for the hills the moment they are down to the level that i can comfortably fight atm. I enjoyed killing them earlier :D

This 'move' whether it be permanent or temporary, wouldnt bother me so bad if it the client compensated for the lag just like wow. But it doesn't. The client is to old to do so, even the SA client doesnt

Look at Internode for a solution guys. They are a gaming ISP, they run their own steam servers, so they have a great deal of experience with servers. I am with them, and I have not had any trouble with them. And they use Telstra's infrastucture, so it cant be all bad.

Clog|Mordain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Izumo 150

Sakura 140

Asuka 150

Yamato 156

Formosa 187

Oceania 200

Atlantic 280

Great Lakes 281

Baja 250

Pacific 249

Europa 355

i can play happily from new zealand.... i guess

Winterfell

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
"play happily from New Zealand" hmm perhaps not more like run run run run pause run run run run pause, rinse and repeat. My ping from Nz has gone from 65ms to 182 ms and 13-14 hops to over 30. I hate to think the trouble I'd be in with a big spawn, a death robe comes to mind.

Clog|Mordain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
"play happily from New Zealand" hmm perhaps not more like run run run run pause run run run run pause, rinse and repeat. My ping from Nz has gone from 65ms to 182 ms and 13-14 hops to over 30. I hate to think the trouble I'd be in with a big spawn, a death robe comes to mind.
Sorry, i meant even if they moved the server to NZ, i could play happily. it wouldnt be too bad..

Dean478

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Singapore or NZ would be good options. Sing however would pose a problem to some Australian ISPs (which is the same as the reason we lag on StarCraft 2 Bnet servers).

R

RotsaRuck

Threads like some of these are contageous, provoking panic, faster it fixed faster we can resume no speculation and begin the task of rebuilding the game.

Or is it just truly in that much decline?

Fix it PLEASE , and heres my contribution as you have asked.

Ping from Sydney, Telstra cable, supposedly doesnt come much better in Oz:

Oceania 206
Sakura 131
Formosa 156
Izumo 140
Asuka 140
Yamati 140
Pacific 240
Sonoma 240
Napa 190
Lake Austin 190
Atlantic 290

My ping used to be 10-15 on Oceania

W

Warlord III

How long will that be confirming the status ? Are these americans gonna fix the lag or just keep wasting our time ?
They came here with no solution .. just keep " lets try this or try that"

Are the subscription refundable since this game are non playable ?
Do we have to wait another 1 month to getting 1 more message and feedback?

There are a simply question only. 1. Will the server returning oceania region? 2. if Yes - how long ? if NO - we quit !
That's it !!

please reply!!!

O

Ovrkill

I definately cant go from having a 11 ping to oceania to 253, even at 150 it would still be bad, as all the macros i have set are for quick game play.

I remember when i played on sonoma for a year before oceania was born, and havint to set blanks in my macros to cope with the amount of lag i had, and now it has returned to that exact same type of lag.

I cant put up with the lag im getting while trying to fight pirate ships on the open seas, Im spending most of my time seeing grey now, where as before this i was the one spilling the blood of others.

Oceania 253
Izumo 140
Sakura 140
Asuka 140
Yamato 140
Formosa 374

What I believe should have happened was that EA should have created a Test Server in other areas and asked people from oceania what the lag was like, and gotten a better idea of just how it stands before ripping it out by the roots and taking it to the other side of the planet. That would have been logical right ?

The thing that angers us most is not being told, or consulted with before it happened.

How do you resolve this ?
Besides moving the server back to Australia, or even NZ.

Even if they figure out a way to make it faster, they are only actually going to be able to help a % of the oceania population, as we are all on different isp's with completely different network structures.... the pipe for one (such as telstra or optus) is far larger than it is for a smaller isp. And its even worse for people who can not afford to spend money on increasing their speed for their internet connection, and im sure there are many out there that are on minimal internet plans.

Lots of people in Australia played UO because it was not only enjoyable, but it was cheap. You could play oceania on dial up, heaven forbid if you try that now.

My opinion is, if they do not move it back to the southern part of the world, then the lag will be there for all eternity, and the only way people from aus and nz are going to be able to fight this is to either upgrade their plans and buy new hardware (cable modem/adsl2+) or move over to another isp that is part of the fat pipe leading out of Aus/NZ. And as i said earlier, a lot of people just cant afford to do that.

reading back over everything, one thing stands out quite clearly... but im not game enough to say it :p

There needs to be more communication with the people of Oceania. We need to know whats being tried and tested, not just told you guys are up to *something*, see how this *thingy* works..... as you would be surprised that there is actually professional people (as in IT professionals) who play the game who might be able to help with the resolution.

Good luck with trying to find a way around this, and i hope for everyone else on oceania that it is resolved soon.

Please keep us updated.

Nuff said.

(*laughs* think this is the most i have typed on oceania forum in 12 months :p)

A

Amathist

EA ENOUGHS ENOUGH.....this is beyond a joke, its *beeped* up. All they keep asking is for ping times, yet give us no freaking response as to what they are doing and if anything is going to be done to fix this.

It feels like we are simply being asked to look for other options as in try the pings to here... and if its any good guess what we are going to tell you or do....a) move shards or b) we will merge shards

Am I the only getting this vibe?

I refuse to pay for a service I am not getting, I would close up shop now except I have time left.

But at the end of that time, I swear if it ain't fixed. It will be see yah later and some other gaming company will be paid my monthly subscription or I will channel it into some other hobby because I refuse to waste any more time on UO if I can not play and enjoy the game as I always have.

It is time for EA to be more forth coming with information and to pull the stick out of their .......and get it fixed.

A

Amathist

this was posted in the uhall thread by Tina for those who want to use it...

C

chuckoatl

We were there before the shard moved. We were coming no matter what. I have been to well over half the shards farming. It was just OC's turn. Has nothing to do with taking advantage of anything. I would be mad if someone moved ATL don't get me wrong. I just wanted to state that we were already here........ That is all.

Zosimus

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We were there before the shard moved. We were coming no matter what. I have been to well over half the shards farming. It was just OC's turn. Has nothing to do with taking advantage of anything. I would be mad if someone moved ATL don't get me wrong. I just wanted to state that we were already here........ That is all.

I was addressing players that had moved chars after the "secret" server move. Not current players that were already there before the "secret" server move. I made the post when I was talking to a couple of friends on icq that do play on Oceania that live in Oz. I had no clue who was there before but its cool. Many people from over the world makes Oceania home.

Isaac OC

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
First of all, Welcome to Oceania, the land of glory, power scrolls and replica heaven, and we would like more people to come. Our barracoon and lord of oaks really do need their visits, and couldnt get enough of it.

This is also an opportunity to get familar with Oceania and the people as there is no reason of too laggy to join in. I hope you stay longer or even choose our felluca spawns as your home of adventures.

I am not being sceptical, i honestly welcome you all and even thank you for those "aliens" who already "infested" our shard, but please do more spawns because we hardly see you before.

I want PVP in Oceania grows and prospers, I honestly prefer pvping and died at spawns than bank sitting. I just wish there is a way to keep more people pvping from any where in the world without we have to be on the lagging side, because lagging is sux.

Thank you all, old or new "aliens". Thank you for bringing activities to Oceania. Hope you all multiplies !! Dont forget to visit our barracoons, we surely will try to come when he is up, and get some pvp going. I am sure "aliens" dont mind to play with us in pvping game.

Clog|Mordain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It has been 3 days without any sort of contact from a DEV... Some sort of hello would be great. In this hello, it'd be great if you could answer these.

1. Are we going to be seeing Oceania back on Aussie soil?
2. If not, what areas are you looking at to be home to Oceania?
3. What is the estimated time this will take/

Answering those will keep me, and probably most of us happy for another few days

C

chuckoatl

First of all, Welcome to Oceania, the land of glory, power scrolls and replica heaven, and we would like more people to come. Our barracoon and lord of oaks really do need their visits, and couldnt get enough of it.

This is also an opportunity to get familar with Oceania and the people as there is no reason of too laggy to join in. I hope you stay longer or even choose our felluca spawns as your home of adventures.

I am not being sceptical, i honestly welcome you all and even thank you for those "aliens" who already "infested" our shard, but please do more spawns because we hardly see you before.

I want PVP in Oceania grows and prospers, I honestly prefer pvping and died at spawns than bank sitting. I just wish there is a way to keep more people pvping from any where in the world without we have to be on the lagging side, because lagging is sux.

Thank you all, old or new "aliens". Thank you for bringing activities to Oceania. Hope you all multiplies !! Dont forget to visit our barracoons, we surely will try to come when he is up, and get some pvp going. I am sure "aliens" dont mind to play with us in pvping game.
Well I have done close to 60 baracoons and an oaks. I wish everyone had your ideas on PvP. All I hear is blah blah blah LAG. Trust me, I'm not pinging good there either. Some of you might be better. I ping 200+ to oceania daily.

G

Gil-galad (TBD)

Izumo 306
Sakura 298
Asuka 309
Yamato 280
Formosa 268

My current ping ( From NZ ) is 222, it was 82 prior to server move.

C

canary

As you’re aware, we’ve been making plans to upgrade hardware over the last few months, which included needing to move servers out of our Australia facility.
Please define 'needing'.

BTW, servers are easy enough to host. My god, someone could host one in a large closet if they so wished.

C

Cal_Mythic

Please define 'needing'.

BTW, servers are easy enough to host. My god, someone could host one in a large closet if they so wished.
True. And I joked about that with our server guys. But it's not that easy. The security policies and the limited number of lines to Australia, as well as Australia's infrastructure (as seen by lag issues BEFORE the server was moved) complicate things immensely.

- C

C

Cal_Mythic

I know everyone is waiting to hear about the state of moving the server back to a location that will bring better ping times and wanted to provide an update before the weekend.

We are still reviewing all of our options and waiting for additional information which will allow us to move forward. I will share more soon, but first we want to make certain we can give you a complete answer instead of a mid-term steps that could ultimately hurt the player base. This is not a small decision, and want to do all we can for a solid long term solution.

P

Paradox_

Please define 'needing'.

People DO.

I find it hilarious so many people are complaining and whinging and stamping their feet - thinking about just themselves when its obvious EA are TRYING to help you.

There are LOTS of alternatives. You refuse to see outside of your narrow vision.

EA run a BUSINESS. Not a CHARITY. If it is more economical to base the server in the US or Japan because subscription numbers in Australia don't warrant a server here, do you think their bosses are going to say 'oh we love aussies lets make a loss to let them have a server!'

They would get kicked out by their shareholders.

I don't play EA's version of the game but my god people work with him here.

Dean478

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I know everyone is waiting to hear about the state of moving the server back to a location that will bring better ping times and wanted to provide an update before the weekend.

We are still reviewing all of our options and waiting for additional information which will allow us to move forward. I will share more soon, but first we want to make certain we can give you a complete answer instead of a mid-term steps that could ultimately hurt the player base. This is not a small decision, and want to do all we can for a solid long term solution.
Why did it have to move in the first place?

Dean478

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I find it hilarious so many people are complaining and whinging and stamping their feet - thinking about just themselves when its obvious EA are TRYING to help you.
I find it hilarious that you think a business move entails no explanation to loyal customers.

Moving the server without prior-warning or post-notification is one thing. Doing it and giving an explanation before and after is a whole other thing.

J

June

Hello James,

I live in Australia and use iinet as my ISP.

My ping rates are:

Izumo 143 ms
Sakura 140 ms
Asuka 140 ms
Yamato 140 ms
Formosa 156 ms

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,

Albert

Hey folks,

We're interested in what ping rates you are seeing between Australia and the Japanese shards in their current location.

If you can, check out a couple of the servers available and post your ping-rates here. Please note we're not at all considering replacing Oceania with a Japanese shard but want to understand if the facility located in Japan allow for a better connection than the US facility.

Here's a list of shards for your convenience:
Izumo
Sakura
Asuka
Yamato
Formosa

Thanks all, the info you provide can help us to continue to improve the situation.

Best,

D

Deneya

People DO.

There are LOTS of alternatives. You refuse to see outside of your narrow vision.

EA run a BUSINESS. Not a CHARITY. If it is more economical to base the server in the US or Japan because subscription numbers in Australia don't warrant a server here, do you think their bosses are going to say 'oh we love aussies lets make a loss to let them have a server!'

They would get kicked out by their shareholders.

I don't play EA's version of the game but my god people work with him here.
You don't play EA's version of the game meaning you don't pay to play? If that is the case, as far as I am concerned, you have exactly zero right to comment.

The one thing we have consistently asked for is explanation and communication. We all realise EA is a business but, as a business, it has responsibilities to its customers - namely, communicating developments, issues etc so customers can make decisions about their consumer/provider relationship.

At the end of the day, this is what it comes down to. We are paying customers of business who made decisions without consultation and without explanation. To date, we have yet to receive a satisfactory explanation. Yes, Cal has stated he would like to provide us with an answer when there is an actual answer to be had - I appreciate that.

However, that does not negate the fact there was no communication prior to the server being moved nor an explanation - and by explanation I mean not some rubbish about having to sort out connectivity in this hemisphere - of why it had to be moved.

Is detailed communication too much to expect? I should hope not.

History

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The ping going on is out of control, aussie only have one shard that they could even try to play on and EA has gone and messed that up. They pay good money to play the game just like anyone else and now you guys are trying to say they need to see the ping to other servers. That is insane !!!

They have created themselves on this server, made toons, put time and energy into their gear, their house's their friendships and now they can't walk three steps without lagging out. Making their game play impossible. You guys are being paid good money to provide a service to these people and now are not upholding your end with moving their shard.

I hope you guys come to your sense's soon and fix the issue for these guys in a timely manner as it has already been to long.

Thank you Beast

A

Amathist

Okay but realistically how much longer do you expect people to just wait to hear information concerning if they will ever be able to play again...oh and all the while continue to pay for accounts?

This seems plain dishonest to me or at least like we are being milked before being discarded.

I do not care if the server is in Australia, japan , england, or the US....just so long as we can play. Or I want to be told straight up sorry we can't fix it, so that from there we can decide what to do.

O

oceaniabowman

True. And I joked about that with our server guys. But it's not that easy. The security policies and the limited number of lines to Australia, as well as Australia's infrastructure (as seen by lag issues BEFORE the server was moved) complicate things immensely.

- C
Hmmm I heard a rumour that the lag before the server was moved was caused by a defective network card on one of Equinix's routers. That shouldnt reflect on Australias infrastructure as a whole simply because one link in the chain is defective.

Your server does not require gigabits of bandwidth, seriously how much does it need? 10mbs?? 20mbs?? I bet you might even get away with 4 or 6... I have 24mbs to the world in my bedroom. People in Australia still play this game on dialup after all, its just not that bandwidth intensive.

Our capital cities, major towns and in fact most "settlements" with a population over 300 or so have access to broadband. Its those who choose to live out of town who suffer the limited choices. 93% of our population has broadband internet access and you want us to believe that the Australian infrastructure is incapable of supporting your server? And it just happened to become incapable in december last year?? Pfffft!

Limited number of lines to Australia?? huh??? Show me some statistics on that little fibre optic cable please. With a footnote that if the server is in Oz its only real link elsewhere is for stray overseas players and Mythics updates, backups and controls. Im sure the Southern Cross Cable can cope!

Geez you must think we are a complete bunch of schmucks to try that one on us.

W

Warlord III

You don't play EA's version of the game meaning you don't pay to play? If that is the case, as far as I am concerned, you have exactly zero right to comment.

The one thing we have consistently asked for is explanation and communication. We all realise EA is a business but, as a business, it has responsibilities to its customers - namely, communicating developments, issues etc so customers can make decisions about their consumer/provider relationship.

At the end of the day, this is what it comes down to. We are paying customers of business who made decisions without consultation and without explanation. To date, we have yet to receive a satisfactory explanation. Yes, Cal has stated he would like to provide us with an answer when there is an actual answer to be had - I appreciate that.

However, that does not negate the fact there was no communication prior to the server being moved nor an explanation - and by explanation I mean not some rubbish about having to sort out connectivity in this hemisphere - of why it had to be moved.

Is detailed communication too much to expect? I should hope not.

Correct !! I vote for you Deneya !

cc: Paradox - You are here with nothing as you are not playing in our shard. we don't need any comment from you at all .
EA isn't a Charity .. but it's wrong for them to acting like a robber or cheater.
Before you talk about BUSINESS .. Please learn what is LOYAL and TRUST first :p

V

Voodoo990

They would get kicked out by their shareholders
<sarcasm>So Mr. MBA, thank you for blessing us with your vast knowledge of business, none of us would have ever considered that moving the server might be a business decision.</sarcasm>

People are pissed about it being moved without saying a word and the way it has been handled once they were called out on it.

It might be business to EA but for most of us it has nothing to do with business, it has everything to do with Cal growing a pair and just stating the truth, they moved the server without notifying anyone, they are delaying to see the impact of cancellation from OC and if cancellations are not that bad they have no plans to move it back.

So your post about business, the board, the share holders blah blah blah blah blah.... yea that's really an original thought dude /non\

P

Paradox_

they are delaying to see the impact of cancellation from OC and if cancellations are not that bad they have no plans to move it back.
lol

read what he said - he did not realise moving the server would have such a big impact. Most games dont have an Aussie server and they work fine, just like some freeshards. Problem is that the current version of the game requires you to be fast. Sure they probably should have done some consulting to see what impact it would have, but if you read, there were issues with the server BEFORE they moved it. I doubt they actually physically moved the server, they probably just transfered all the data to the US to get the server somewhat stable and suddenly there is this big backlash that they are 'shutting the server down'.

Would you rather it just crash and them not say anything? As I said, I have seen more talk from EA people in the Oceania forum recently than I have seen anywhere on UO stratics before. Clearly they want to help but when a bunch of kids chuck their toys out the pram and threaten to take their ball and leave why should they bother?

And I am allowed to comment - 1. free world i can do what i want and 2. i paid to play for 10 years. I am not saying anything regarding gameplay I am just stating what the reality of the situation is.

P

Paradox_

If I dont pay to play and have zero right to comment, you clowns who are all unemployed should not be alllowed to vote as you dont pay taxes.

Seems fair right?

V

Voodoo990

"read what he said - he did not realise moving the server would have such a big impact."

Unlike you Cal is paid to realize that moving a server 6 thousand miles away would have a huge impact (unless he is planning to change the laws of physics). If he turly didn't, he has no place at EA as a gaming producer. Any high school drop out knows that speed/distance=time=lag.

"bunch of kids chuck their toys out the pram and threaten to take their ball and leave why should they bother?"

LMAO

By saying the "Bunch of kids chuck their toys out" your talking about paying customers right?

And the, And the "why should they bother", your talking about the company trying to collect money from said paying customers, right?

And you acted like you understood business :) ya big joker.

Man your not just a troll, your simpleton, I see where your coming from now.

F

Fayled Dhreams

Correct !! I vote for you Deneya !

cc: Paradox - You are here with nothing as you are not playing in our shard. we don't need any comment from you at all .
EA isn't a Charity .. but it's wrong for them to acting like a robber or cheater.
Before you talk about BUSINESS .. Please learn what is LOYAL and TRUST first :p
Is this a call for : No support from ANY persons?
You all have a firm grip/handle on the situation?

*shrugs*
pride goeth before the fall ... :danceb:

V

Voodoo990

If I dont pay to play and have zero right to comment, you clowns who are all unemployed should not be alllowed to vote as you dont pay taxes.

Seems fair right?
Dude don't get mad, if you can't afford the sub just drop a PM, I'll check my couch.

P

Paradox_

Im sure they care about 100 subscriptions paying $15 a month. Huge revenue.

Mate I can afford the sub many times over, I just don't want to play on a dead shard. Hence I play others when I have the time.

McDonalds pay alot these days, is that how you can afford yours?

V

Voodoo990

Mate I can afford the sub many times over.
Touch a nerve did we? "I can afford it, I can, I can, I have tons of money" LMAO

And you can do better then the fastfood thing, or maybe you can't...???

P

Paradox_

You got all that out of 'i can afford the sub many times over'? Straw clutching?

I am not the one crying because im about to lose some intangible game pixels located on a server in Sydn....LA.

V

Voodoo990

Im sure they care about 100 subscriptions paying $15 a month. Huge revenue.

Mate I can afford the sub many times over, I just don't want to play on a dead shard. Hence I play others when I have the time.

McDonalds pay alot these days, is that how you can afford yours?
Ok lets do a quick recap;

Your filthy rich
know a lot about business
and you don't play EA production shards

hmmmmm....... and your posting here why?

V

Voodoo990

You got all that out of 'i can afford the sub many times over'? Straw clutching?

I am not the one crying because im about to lose some intangible game pixels located on a server in Sydn....LA.
No your just the one crying because other people are crying, so who is the bigger cry baby?

Clog|Mordain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Voodoo... just ignore him. he is after a bite, that is all, his word is worth nothing here anymore. He loves to spend his time trolling the forums of a server he does not play anymore.. He is just after his attention fix, maybe because he isnt getting it in RL, who knows..

O

oceaniabowman

Can you guys squabble somewhere else please?

Some people are actually genuinely upset at the state of the Oceania server. I know for many of its players the shard was a focal point in their life, it was a virtual world where their realitys did not encroach. Where isolation due to their location allowed them interact with other people. Where the infirmities of their bodies did not impede their ability to move around and interact with others as one of their peers rather than be ignored or an object of pity.

It became more than just an online game but a place to meet, congregate and interact with people from all walks of life regardless of location or social status.

This has been taken away from them. I know of several players whose quality of life will be reduced as a consequence of this shard being taken away.

So can we keep this thread practical and on topic, please??

V

Voodoo990

Some people are actually genuinely upset at the state of the Oceania server.
You don't think I'm genuinely upset about this? lol

I'm pissed, sorry, and I really don't think passive compliance is going to do anything. Here is the sad sad truth IMHO, I hope I'm wrong.

The servers were moved in a very underhanded way and they won't be coming back.

But with that said, ok I respect what you posted, I'm out.

O

oceaniabowman

You don't think I'm genuinely upset about this? lol

I'm pissed, sorry, and I really don't think passive compliance is going to do anything. Here is the sad sad truth IMHO, I hope I'm wrong.

The servers were moved in a very underhanded way and they won't be coming back.

But with that said, ok I respect what you posted, I'm out.
Hey, dont go to far cos we need you to keep adding your voice. Apart from being drawn into that squabble everything youve posted in this thread has been dead on the money.

I agree that passive compliance is not the solution. We need to make sure that this does not just die quietly.

I bet your p#@#ed off, I know I am.

Isaac OC

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I will share more soon, but first we want to make certain we can give you a complete answer instead of a mid-term steps that could ultimately hurt the player base. This is not a small decision, and want to do all we can for a solid long term solution.
There is no posts for days, because this is like waiting for the judgement day. It can be a death sentence for some of us, and I'm holding my breath.

For those whom I won't see in-game any more, good luck and have a safe journey as you move on. There are plenty of entertainment out there, maybe not as interesting as Ultima Online, but it's the same fun from different perspective.

If the decision goes the other way, then I'll say goodbye as I may consider other path, but my luna houses will still be not for sale! Just prepare for a nice idoc party :)

It's been great many years of fun with all of you, and good luck.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Days? That post was on Friday 6.45pm Eastern US, currently it is 8.30am Monday Eastern US.

Like most working people, Saturday and Sunday are days off.

I think maybe you should allow just a little longer for a response?

W

Warlord III

Days? That post was on Friday 6.45pm Eastern US, currently it is 8.30am Monday Eastern US.

Like most mature / healthy company as - they will updating their status or inform to their customer . Did they notice us ( consumer ) which they moving our shard to 10,000 miles away ? Did they told us what's their plan is? Or just in the main time they are calculating the profit they earn from cutting costs ?

How long should we keep our subscription for ? 1 day or 2 years ?
there were 2 months non-playable ... do they keep us waiting and waiting?

Dean478

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

The shard was obviously moved weeks, nearly months ago. Hence why the lag was never "fixed".

And quite frankly, it takes 5 minutes to log on and type a message. I don't care if it's a weekend or not. They have just moved our server! We can't emphasis that any further. They owe us these explanations!

AirmidCecht

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I would imagine any of us in a similar situation would be just as displeased and the fact that the majority of comments from Oceania players have still been respectful is appreciated.

We at Stratics are just as anxious to see good news for you guys and are hanging in there looking for updates too. We don't want to lose anyone in the UO community and I'm sure Cal and the dev team feel the same way. 13+ yrs of active shards is a big accomplishment when other newer MMO's find themselves consolidating within a year. That is a reputation to support and I hope you guys are back to playing very soon!

-Air