• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

A Nice Long Run... But It's Time To Say Goodbye

S

Shadessa

Hello there! Not sure any of you remember me. It's very possible that most that ever did are now long gone. But just in case there are a few out there that do still remember me I would like to say goodbye.

I have had active accounts in UO now for the last 13 years and the time has finally come for me to hang up my swords and set my pets free.

For those who do not know me or for those that still remember the old days, I am/was Elsa of an old player town located in Trammel called Stormhaven. Stormhaven was on the verge of being blessed when they pulled the plug on the volunteer programs so it never fulfilled its dreams. I, along with a few good friends, founded that town and created three guilds called Storm Ryders of Hope, Highwaymen of Stormhaven (pvp/rp) and Stormhaven Alliance. I think that Stratics still has the write up of Stormhaven listed under Player Establishments. (Long past time to take it down guys).

Stormhaven, along with a few other player establishments, were the center of the volunteer events of Trammel. On opening house day, Stormhaven nearly shut down the servers with lag with an attendance of nearly 200 players all participating in the seer hosted event. We gave away 2 million in gold and prizes (that was a lot of gold in 2000). And on that day Stormhaven made it's mark! Stormhaven was also well known for its Pirate Jubilee events - battles on the high seas.

Around 6 years ago, I sold the old Stormhaven castle and all the surrounding city buildings. The old castle still remains with its sign stating that "Stormhaven Still Lives" and I guess in the hearts of those involved.. it still does.

I just want to say that I have had a great run... made a load of good friends... (and a few enemies but that just ended up making it more interesting) and I wanted to say thank you for all those that touched my life. To the friends I still keep in touch with... know you are the best! To the friends that actually died in real life, and to those that just seemed to vanish, I think of you often. Soul of Ingots, you are missed... Rubber Ducky, where did you go? Stratics' own Pelle Svanslos, I hope you are making those movies! Arion, Hecate, Valan, Tayloren, Alexandra, Vampris, Hrun (who now owns the castle), Cad, Savage, ArthurK, Coug and Al, just to name a few, wherever you are now I hope you are healthy and going strong.

I am in the processing of setting up vendors on my property and consolidating everything into gold JUST in case I decide to come back (which at this time I don't plan to... but you never know). Everything must go so if its not sold it will be destroyed. I am keeping only items that are special to me and what my banks will hold. If any of you are interested in any of that stuff my house is located on the Spirit Shrine. I mainly have just in game items. There are no rares other than a severed head maybe (muahaha) and no birth rares.

So once again... thank you UO. Thank you for the best online times of my life.

Baroness Lady Elsa - Supreme Tamer/Guild Mistress of S^R, =H=, and S^A - Co-founder of Stormhaven
Lady Hope - Supreme Mage
Lady Madison - Supreme Bard
Lord Calis - Supreme Smith/Tailor
Lord Ash - Supreme Bowyer
Lady Akiela - Supreme Archer
Lady Mercury - Master Alchemist
Lady Oceania - Master Fisherman
... and many more that didn't get finished.

PS Forgive me for any wrong spelling or bad grammer... Couldn't find the spell check on this thing. Also, forgive me for any thing that seemed like bragging.. it wasn't meant to be... just trying to jog some memories for those of you that lived those days in the City of Stormhaven.

Snakeman

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sorry to see another real Vet leave who has seen the many changes of UO throughout the years & stuck with it. Be well & safe travels to where ever ye might go.

(Ps:11 yrs myself & wonder why do I stay at times, so I know the feeling you have)

C

Cloak&Dagger

(Ps:11 yrs myself & wonder why do I stay at times, so I know the feeling you have)
Quit playing around, no wondering why you stay.

I don't formally enjoy posting in such threads...and seeing as how I do not recognize any of those character names (Despite recognizing the guilds and establishment names...) But it is always a..sad and slightly depressing effect.

Always feel as if the more people quit the more others will follow. =\

SAVATAGE

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sorry to see you go.... I been around since beta myself... and still dont have the heart to turn my account off or sell anything ..

B

Budwieser

Sorry to see you go.... I been around since beta myself... and still dont have the heart to turn my account off or sell anything ..
I'll take over your account if you ever leave me.....

sir TEDLEY

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
gbye lord calis i hope all is well with you and may god be with you , safe travels

R

Rare

Wow, Lady Elsa... you really stuck around!
I remember you, although you may not remember me... from way back when, before they split the world.

Old thread, but I'm replying anyway. =)

Good luck, and safe travels.

- Lord Rhis, Grandmaster Tamer
Warriors of Virtue