• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

A mod to show incoming names on the channel window?

lucitus

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A chat mod isnt possible atm, the scripts cannot be modified. But you can code it into an external journal for example. Use the name window to get the names and add it to your journal log.

This is the theory, how it works with LUA and the UI you have to learn it. If you really want to learn it ask your questions ;)

Gildar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
http://uo.modders-exchange.net/modpackaging
"You See Messages"

Requires CustomSettingsWindow, CustomSettings, and CustomLocalization mods.

Defaults to off, has two settings in a "Journal" tab added to the User Settings window...
1. "Show 'You See ...' messages on first view" - adds "You see" message to chat when you first approach somebody
2. "Show 'You See ...' messages on all names" - adds "You see" message to chat whenever their name pops up over their head (first view and when you use an all names macro)

Works just fine for me - just re-tested it using a fully patched client.

S

Sweeney

That's the one I tried before.. I think previously I overwrote a file with prior version. Would help if some of those things had read mes. Thanks.

Gildar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It would help if they had readmes... unfortunately, I have almost no free time whatsoever.