• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

A message sent to all who attended the meeting in Yew

Aedon Durreah

Village of Aegis
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
In regards to the notes and remains that have found in several cities, including Yew;

Since our meeting, I have been looking to find any information I could in hopes of identifying the victims remains being held within Aegis. Sadly, I have not been able to find anyone that could help me in that area. It is my hope that someone can be found soon to help with this task. For now, the remains are held within the boxes designed to slow down the rate of decay a bit. But time is running out, and I fear that soon we will need hold a funeral, and lay the poor souls to rest.

As to the notes, I have spent much time going over them. As you may recall, most of them one word on a page, with a couple of longer entries. I started to notice that when set in a certain order, a clear message has emerged. The order I have them in is below.

Foolish mortals
Y0u have been judged
Filth
Virus
Plague
And shall be burned
Disgusting little creatures. Soon all of you will feel my hate, and suffer as I have suffered. Those who hide behind lies are equal to the foul stench of man.

(The following seems more a direction than a note—Look next door fools, you can’t catch me.)
Brilliance became spoiled to addiction. What was once held sacred, crushed. Your nature has finally come to betray.

If any of you have any other ideas, or feel they have found someone that can aid us in this matter, please make it known.

Thank you all;

Aedon Durreah

Governor of Yew

Alira Drakrul

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
((A young woman by the name of Nyx arrives a couple of days later. She's got a toolbelt on her waist and has a small brooch on the side of her vest, a gothic 'D'. She has no physical letter, but seems to have a message to deliver for only Aedon. She will take great care in ensuring the security and privacy before she relays the message, including searching the room they speak in. She's very polite, but a bit nervous in her demeanor. She will be insistent about only him being present and making sure the room isn't bugged nor anyone hidden.

If the terms and conditions are met, she'll speak the following message. At times, she pauses as if thinking of the next line.))

Governor Durreah,

Please forgive the unusual method of delivery, but given the words I must use, I wanted to avoid leaving a paper trail behind. I haven't had any new leads, nor seen any unusual activity in Moonglow aside from our recent unrelated incident.

The author of the notes is either non-human, and my guess a form of undead, or someone who has a god complex and grandiose delusions. You and I both know of the days of old and who used the term 'mortals' was used to refer to humans, elves and their ilk. Humans don't walk around calling other humans "humans" in anger because you considers yourself in that same grouping. Whoever sent these is either not mortal or is someone under such severe psychosis that they no longer believe themselves to be human. The act of having self-judged the race is also a hint of a god complex. It could be any form of undead. Older undead, the original ancients and liches often exhibit this behavior. Kindred do not fit this mold generally. Humans, and mortals in general, are food. To wipe them out in such a blanket fashion would endanger their own existence so if it is a kindred, it is one whom has gone insane and should be put down.

"Disgusting little creatures. Soon all of you will feel my hate, and suffer as I have suffered. Those who hide behind lies are equal to the foul stench of man."

The first part. "Disgusting little creatures. Soon all of you will feel my hate, and suffer as I have suffered." indicates someone who has been wronged. It could be any of the enemies the people of Britannia have risen up against. Keeping the first part in mind, it could be any number of them. I don't know much about The Hand. We didn't fight either against or for them. I have heard however that their leader was human. Whoever it is believes that people as a whole have caused them suffering. If Penrose wasn't dead, I'd suggest him as I don't believe he considered himself human any longer.

The last part, I believe may be directed at me. "Those who hide behind lies are equal to the foul stench of man." Given our history, you know what that means. Most of the bodies were left in establishments. Moonglow's body was left specifically on my steps instead of our own establishment. If I am correct, I'm being included in this group of mortals despite my nature. The fact they know may know my nature, means most likely someone from the past when I ruled Skara Brae or my time in Satamarin serving Serena's clan. Penrose and Westbrook were also aware of my nature.

"Brilliance became spoiled to addiction. What was once held sacred, crushed. Your nature has finally come to betray."

This passage still troubles me. Its almost religious and fanatical in tone. Something held up high, or in reverence which has now become commonplace or mundane. Addictions do not necessarily indicate substance abuse. Greed and power are also typical. Something inherant in mortals or society as a whole that might viewed as their downfall, possibly reference to one of man's vices. Whoever is doing this obviously holds the reference in high regard, I dare say perhaps even worship. I will attempt to meditate more on this passage to see if anything further stands out to me.

I hope this insight might further help your investigations.

((The girl pauses for a moment, tilting her head slightly before suddenly speaking again.))

Oh, an' I do not believe the origin to be fae. Mortals hold value as a whole to them like kindred. Killing some is different than simple genocide. It could however be something from the lower planes. Daemonic or infernal in nature perhaps. They also shared the undead's love of those terms.

Please keep me apprised of any further developments or information. You may send back a message either written or orally if you desire.

((Nyx will bow from the waist and wait for a response or to be dismissed.))

Aedon Durreah

Village of Aegis
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
(A message returned)
Thank you so much for your response. I have to say that your conjecture falls greatly in line with what I am seeing. I think that for your safety as well as my own, it is best to keep any conversations on a more secretive level. There are many from our past that I can see carrying out such acts. Were it not for the fact that other towns were also included, I might have taken it as a direct message to either of us. The body on the steps of your home suggests that the one doing this knows and holds some grudge against certain people. I will continue to search for any answers I can find. I feel though that unless someone comes forward soon to identify the remains, I will be forced to bury them. As you know enchantments of any sort can only last so long, and the rate of decay will speed up giving way to rather unpleasant odors. I will of course keep you updated on any findings I may have.
Stay safe,
Aedon

(Smiling at Nyx, Aedon bows and watches as she steps through the door, and vanishes into the night.)

Alira Drakrul

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
*a message to Aedon, this time in ink*

Governor Durreah,

I have received a note just outside my personal residence. Feel free to share with anyone else who ye are keeping informed on the topic.

"Let's play a game.

knowledge is the key,
until it was destoryed."

I assume the author meant 'destroyed.' Nothing was left with the note.

Alira Drakrul
Governor of Moonglow

Aedon Durreah

Village of Aegis
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*a message returned*
Governor Drakrul,
Thank you for sending a copy of the letter you found outside your home. I believe you are correct in assuming the author intended to write destroyed. The reference to knowledge of course causes me to think of Penrose again. After all he seemed to put great store into the pursuit of knowledge. Knowledge is also of course contained within Moonglow. But as far as I can tell, that seat of learning still stands. I will be sure the others looking into this are made aware of what you found today. I hope we can find out who is behind all this before anyone else is harmed.

Aedon Durreah
Governor of Yew

Last edited: