• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Discussion] A Mesanna Oopsie Rare

Tangled Metal

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The other night on Atlantic when Mesanna was dying masks, a player brought a pumpkin to be dyed. In the dying process something went terribly wrong and the pumpkin went poof. Mesanna being the really cool person she is created a pumpkin out of thin air to replace it.

Mesanna accidentally misspelled her own name on the pumpkin! I recently acquired the pumpkin for my collection. I was just wondering what the value of a one of a kind Mesanna void color item would be. Here is a picture of said item:

MeannaPumpkin.PNG

Decadence

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I think its devalued because it no longer says Mesanna, and even further devalued by every letter its missing...

JK =P value would depend on if a collector is interested in this item, how many are interested and what you are willing to part with it on. Neat item, thanks for sharing it =)

T

Tazar

When the stuff is dyed it is dyed - nothing changes the text on the items, etc. For a year or two - the small pumpkins spawned with player names and this appears to be a player pumpkin with a name close to Mesanna - and the name was close enough that someone slipped it past Mesanna during the dye event.

I believe it is rare due to being a player named pumpkin that is dyed - but not one of the super-valuable Mesanna items.

Thunderz

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I thought when i saw the guy at the bank taking offers of 50mill something smelt funny. How can you spell your own name wrong when you'v been writing it since you were 4, and to not notice.

I hadnt thought about the player pumpkins.

Thunderz

Last edited:

Tangled Metal

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, I witnessed the whole thing with Mesanna and the pumpkin going poof. She really did create the pumpkin there on the spot and she really did misspell her name. There is nothing hinky about this pumpkin at all. Mesanna's name isn't her real name and I seriously doubt she has been writing it since she was 4 years old! There are several other witnesses to the event. This is a real item created by Mesanna not a player name. I think it is a great item. Mesanna is VERY careful about dying things that do not have her name on it.

This happened really close to the end of the dying event, right before she spawned the Baddies for us to kill.

Last edited:

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I honestly (no offense) wouldn't value it above 10-15m as a novelty. The small pumpkins struggle with showing color in my experience and the reason the dyed Mesanna pumpkins command such a price is because it is her name and the dye is secondary. If it was a large pumpkin and the dye job was more obvious I'd price it at like 25-35m.

That's my opinion on it. However, the only way you'll get a real value is to sell it and see what it brings. I've seen people drop money on crazier, less flashy things so you never know. However, just because there is 1 of something doesn't necessarily mean it'll be worth a ton of money. Even though a whispering rose from buTtBlasTEer5000 might be unique, in the end most of the time it will go for less than even a simple name like Sarah. Good luck!

Last edited:

Tangled Metal

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Alright. Thanks for the opinions. I was there when it happened so I know what it is and I value it highly. I am pretty sure Mesanna actually laughed at having misspelled her own name but I cannot remember for sure. I am trying to find someone else who was there that may have a better memory than me. I have no plans to sell it. So, in the end the value is unimportant. Just to clear something up... I do not recall any pumpkins ever being black in color. I thought all of the black ones were "Jack O Lanterns." Please correct me if I am wrong on that one. Thanks!

Angel Dust

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There are quite a few small and large pumpkins dyed by Mesanna. If you dont mind me asking, how much did you pay for this item?

Tangled Metal

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes, there are a lot of the pumpkins dyed by Mesanna. I paid 100 Mil for the pumpkin and I did so happily. It was an auction type deal and it was at 60 mil when I came in. I bid 100 because I really wanted it for my collection. It is rare to have an item that you see created. At least it is for me.

Decadence

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I do not recall any pumpkins ever being black in color. I thought all of the black ones were "Jack O Lanterns." Please correct me if I am wrong on that one. Thanks!
As far as I know that is correct. Small black ones ended with Jack O Lanterns, and I believe they had all the devs gms etc names not players...

Lord X

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Alright. Thanks for the opinions. I was there when it happened so I know what it is and I value it highly. I am pretty sure Mesanna actually laughed at having misspelled her own name but I cannot remember for sure. I am trying to find someone else who was there that may have a better memory than me. I have no plans to sell it. So, in the end the value is unimportant. Just to clear something up... I do not recall any pumpkins ever being black in color. I thought all of the black ones were "Jack O Lanterns." Please correct me if I am wrong on that one. Thanks!
True. The Black ones were always Jack o Lanterns, not pumpkins. But it COULD of been an orange pumpkin too that she dyed.

Tangled Metal

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
True. The Black ones were always Jack o Lanterns, not pumpkins. But it COULD of been an orange pumpkin too that she dyed.
How many times do I have to state that I was there and witnessed the entire thing? To me, it seems everyone that has come up with an alternative to what actually happened is calling me a liar. If that is the case, please, feel free to not pull your punches. :) Mesanna died a pumpkin and somehow it got deleted. She created a pumpkin to replace it and she misspelled her name. That is what happened. I now own it and I really like owning it. I know the story behind how it was created.

Lord Nabin

High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
Its priceless friend. Write a book with the story and display it in your rares collection.

The Value is always what we each hold as our own opinion balanced against what someone else would pay for it when we decide to share it out to the rest of the community.

If RowanElizabeth says it is so. Then it is good with me.

Angel Dust

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How many times do I have to state that I was there and witnessed the entire thing? To me, it seems everyone that has come up with an alternative to what actually happened is calling me a liar. If that is the case, please, feel free to not pull your punches. :) Mesanna died a pumpkin and somehow it got deleted. She created a pumpkin to replace it and she misspelled her name. That is what happened. I now own it and I really like owning it. I know the story behind how it was created.
I dont wanna offend ya, I was just curious how much it went for, I was there when guy was selling and went and looked at it.

Bon Iver

Rares Fest Host | Atl Sept 2011 & June 2013
Stratics Veteran
For a second I thought someone was just really smart and tried passing off a character-named pumpkin (Maybe the woman's name was Meanna...)
as a Mesanna pumpkin. Now that, I would have loved to see.

Anyway, very cool! Good luck!

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Everyone is right in its worth what someone will pay for items like that. and worth way less than its true value to someone who doesnt believe the story.
Does the void dye show up? or did it just turn out black? the dye pattern would greatly affect the value i would think. (like the plague masks look great in void but the porcelin masks look like a dirty mess)

like you said, worth more than gold to you or another mesanna collector.

While we have the pumpkin experts in the room, i have a pumpkin that is worthless now, but was wondering its origin. "A Vampires Pumpkin" - i bought it for maybe 1mil a few years before the pumpkins / jackolanterns spawned. of course worthless now but for a while it was a really cool novelty. i was kinda disappointed when the player named ones spawned, but it was fun and those halloweens were the best for activity, questing, the grim reaper, drops, etc. such is the game. but i still display it as it was for the same sentimental reason many of us love our little oddities.

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
While we have the pumpkin experts in the room, i have a pumpkin that is worthless now, but was wondering its origin. "A Vampires Pumpkin" - i bought it for maybe 1mil a few years before the pumpkins / jackolanterns spawned. of course worthless now but for a while it was a really cool novelty. i was kinda disappointed when the player named ones spawned, but it was fun and those halloweens were the best for activity, questing, the grim reaper, drops, etc. such is the game. but i still display it as it was for the same sentimental reason many of us love our little oddities.
I have one that has the same name. I'm glad to find someone else who enjoys the novelty names on the pumpkins. It was a player named "A vampire".

Tangled Metal

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mesanna just verified the story of how the pumpkin got named. She laughed when she realized that she misspelled her own name and admitted to not being perfect. There were a lot of witnesses to this. She asked if I wanted it corrected and I told her no. Just thought this was a good end to this little story.