• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(RP) A Matter of Great Importance

Lady Khaleesi

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
A matter of great importance has been made known to Vesper and its Citizens!

The following message was sent via Sir Joseph Frostmore:

*The letter's wax seal bears Frostmore's crest, the visage of a bat. *

My fellow citizens of Vesper and Sosaria as a whole. Dire events have taken place. Piram Agrivar sent me a crow. His letter detailed the events that took place.

Governor Solus has staged a coup against the King. He beheaded a Kingsguard on the streets of Britain in broad daylight. Then he put Britain to the torch as well as a building in Trinsic filled with innocent diplomats who were callously burnt alive.

This is a level of madness not seen in many years. I strongly urge the citizens of Vesper, regardless of your feelings toward King Blackthorn, to support His Grace in this rebellion. How many innocent citizens of Britain and Trinsic have been burnt alive as a result of Solus' murderous rampage? And who's to say what city will be next? We cannot support such a wanton act of mass homicidal rage despite some peoples feelings toward the rule of our King.

Tazar’s Town has been occupied by Kingsuard who will attack anyone in the rebel town, possibly as a response to Solus' further rebel actions. Whether you think that is right or wrong, if we support Solus I fear Vesper might suffer the same fate as Tazar’s town. We cannot let Vesper become occupied in the same way.

The future of our city stands on the decision of who we support in this conflict, and for the preservation of our community it is in our best interest to side with King in this rebellion. The rebels come and go every generation, but there shall always be a King and he will remember who supported him when the rebellion has been crushed.

Signed in haste, Lord Frostmore, Head of Vesper Intelligence.

This information was shared with the group that gathered at the Counselor’s Hall in Vesper for it’s Sunday Town Meeting. Governor Khaleesi expressed her wish to resign from her position as governor at the end of this term. She expressed her desire to remain “A lady of the people” and will continue to call Vesper home and support the team wishing to run next term. After her announcement and sharing the information Sir Frostmore provided, the floor was opened to allow the citizens to voice their views.

It proved an interesting and enlightening eve as some expressed the fear of war, others shared their misgiving towards the king and a few “visiting characters” provided insight some had not been made aware.

After careful consideration upon listening to the wishes of the people, it was decided as a whole to proclaim Vesper, a neutral territory, whereas it does not support either side, Rebel nor King. It will remain the virtueless island that is known for historically, accepting of all; Tradesman, Pirate, Noble, Rogue, Fisherman, Farmer. All will be regarded equally in Vesper; their views respected with no repercussion. A vote has been placed upon Vesper’s town stone, the poll will extend today until midnight. Make your voice known! Khaleesi will abide by what the citizens of Vesper declare by this vote.

Last edited:

Raven Blackwing

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
(Ravens speech from meeting)

Hello, my name is Raven. Special Operations of the True Britannians
The Time Is Now!
The False Reality of Blackthorn Should End!
You’re so called Tyranny, I mean "king"
Has pushed and pulled to many times.
Now the rubber band is strung out… into a rope for his neck.
Blackthorn sits pretty on top of the throne, with his fancy suited guards.
While there are starving citizens

If you're not aware, Kings Guards have been sent into Malas at this time.
*Drops bloody helmet of the Kings Guard*
And before Tokuno
Will your town be next?

Stand Strong!
Raise Your Fist!
Be Heard!

Last edited:

Flair

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
I have a very detailed map of the Falling Waters Fortress occupation done by King Blackthorn. I shall be posting it for all to see very soon. It has cost me quite a few serious wounds in obtaining it. Hopefully I shall have the report out to you all very soon and I hope you all will excuse my absence as of late in obtaining this vital piece of information for our cause.

Frostmore

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
We must do what is best for our city, Vesper. While neutrality may serve us well, it may also be seen as a slight. Why risk being occupied by an angered Kingsguard like Tazars town? Supporting King Blackthorn with these murderous rebels can only help our city in the future. It is not about what is right or wrong, we do not live in a court of justice, we live in a kingdom and we all play the game of thrones. I urge all citizens of Vesper to vote before the end of the night. I only hope we choose wisely and what will be best for Vesper. Regardless of our individual feelings and past experiences, we must vote in Vespers best interest.

Piram Agrivar

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Piram stepped in from the stables. Dusty and tired from his long travels, he welcomed being back at the outpost. However, no sooner than he sat in his chair Soji and Phae hovered above him. In his outstretched hand, Soji held a rolled scroll bearing the seal of Joseph Frostmore. Piram looked at the scroll then at Soji, waiting for some explanation... Sojiro responded by saying, " Master Frostmore dropped this by personally - for your eyes only he said". At that explanation Piram immediately took the scroll and unraveled it quickly. Reading and mumbling to himself he finished the parchment and had a very intense expression.

Phae questioned, " What news my lord Agrivar? Is it bad?" Piram sat scowling a moment before responding, " Dire news in response to the events of a few days ago regarding Britain. It seems Vesper is voting for options. Support the King, support the rebellion, or remain neutral." Piram frowned... speaking to no one in particular, "Vesper should not become neutral. Neutrality is for cowards and old men. Stand up for beliefs - make a choice to stand with the King, or support those that disagree... but do not sit on one's hands. This does not bode well for Vesper, it's people or the lands as a whole." Stroking his beard he sat in thought. As he did he mumbled a few things... Soji thought he half heard the name Py Lethius... but was not sure. Piram spoke, " We as knights have always stood for what we felt was right and just.. even at the price of our lives. My old master Py Lethiius knew this and burned it into my soul. This is no different. There have been questions regarding this King Blackthorne, and how he has led these lands. I cannot sensibly justify the actions that Governor Solus has taken, they are extreme and every bit as heinous an act as I have ever known. But there must be underlying motivations for him to have conspired such a deed. The questions raised as a result force me to question this king, and whether I can - we can - support him. However we surely cannot support the actions of extremists in promoting change that take innocent lives. Even as distasteful - is the thought of standing by and dong nothing - as in being neutral. So my friends we are at a terrible quandary for which way to proceed. I believe we need some direct consultation and discussion with Governor Khaleesi, Master Frostmore, Lord Quackenbush, and those they feel fit to debate the situation with. Inaction is not the way, but in choosing the side we feel is 'right', we must consult with those we trust most. We have pledged our support to Vesper and her citizens, but remaining neutral may break that bond. We always stand strong for what we believe in - and if necessary we will once more. Prepare the ravens, send the message out to the Lady Governor, Master Frostmore and Lord Quackenbush... we must convene at the earliest opportunity..."

Soji released the three black ravens, cawing as they went. Soji watched them retreat into the distance... turning he heaved a sigh at what might lie ahead... he had been around Agrivar long enough to know when he steeled his resolve little could break it.

Frostmore

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Seeing a familiar black bird come into the rookery on the roof Lord Frostmore retrieves the letter. "Back again so soon my little friend?" Down in his study he breaks the seal noting its from Piram and begins reading. He quickly writes his reply and sends the bird off again.
Sir Piram Agrivar,
Your feelings are well stated good sir and resonate heavily with me. You are a Knight of high caliber indeed and we are most fortunate to have your sword to fight for Vesper. Currently though, the matter has been put up to the vote. Our only voice now is at the ballot box. SO I urge you to come to the citystone at the bank and cast your vote as soon as you can. We must abide by the will of the people despite any misgivings. For above all Vesper is a town of the people.

Signed and sealed,
Lord Frostmore, Head of Vesper Intelligence

Lady Khaleesi

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Due to correspondence received from various pigeons and messengers, Vesper's Vote will be extended until Sat eve at midnight. I implore all to make your voices heard.
Vesper prides itself on hearing its citizens and following suit.

Last edited: