• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Suggestion] A macro approach I wanted to share.

F

Fink

I have a series of vetting macros in a hotbar, no keybindings on them. Each one bandages a particular pet as a stored target. I have two vacant slots in the hotbar next to these tiles, with the keybindings F5 and F6.

Whenever I pull pets from the stables for hunting, I drop the corresponding macro tiles into the vacant slots. In this way I've assigned vetting pets to those two keys without mucking about with clearing & resetting keybindings.

I know this approach won't be news to some of you but as soon as it occurred to me it seemed like such an epiphany, I had to share it.

I have named all the macros "Vet - PetName" and so forth to tell them apart as I only have the standard icon set at the moment. What I do is use tiles that look like the pet.. Animal Form for dragon & wyrm, Talon Strike for raptors, Vet for cu sidhe (dog + heal symbol), Poison for rune beetle, etc.

I should look into getting custom icons, though..

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
Cool idea. :)

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
I use basically the same thing only i have greater heal tied to my macros for each pet and bandages and keep them in the bar below my main bar

Z

zoop

I use basically the same thing only i have greater heal tied to my macros for each pet and bandages and keep them in the bar below my main bar
Good ideas, thanks both.

Im finding the ECs cabilities to handle macros far exceeding UOA and especially UOA's stability and robustness so far. Let's hope they working to polish this more. (It wasn't that hard to be better than UOA, although for UO itself it is a big step)