• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

A little help with my swordsman, please

A

Aherm10

Greatings all!
I have a swordsman with the following skills:
Anatomy 100
Chivalry 58,5 (mainly for sacred journeys)
Healing 90
Parrying 90
Res. spells 100
Swordman 110
Tactics 110
Tailoring 0,1 (just to get BODs for my tailor-charachter)
Skillpoints left: 1,4

Stats:
Strength: 103
Dexterity: 102
Intel: 25

What I would like to get some advice on is:
How good is this template?
What should I do to improve it? For instance: is 90 healing necessary?

A

Aherm10

Greatings all!
I have a swordsman with the following skills:
Anatomy 100
Chivalry 58,5 (mainly for sacred journeys)
Healing 90
Parrying 90
Res. spells 100
Swordman 110
Tactics 110
Tailoring 0,1 (just to get BODs for my tailor-charachter)
Skillpoints left: 1,4

Stats:
Strength: 103
Dexterity: 102
Intel: 25

What I would like to get some advice on is:
How good is this template?
What should I do to improve it? For instance: is 90 healing necessary?

G

I'm adding your skills up and I get only 658.6. So you have 41.4 left assuming you're at 700 skill cap.
Healing is useful indeed. Plus you can rez others.

G

I'm adding your skills up and I get only 658.6. So you have 41.4 left assuming you're at 700 skill cap.
Healing is useful indeed. Plus you can rez others.

J

jaashua

Well, that's pretty much my template too. All depends on your tactics and gear as to how well you can do, but, so far, I'm having more fun than when I used to play an archer or mage as there is no cheap way out. No getting the mob stuck behind a rock and plunking at it safely. So pets or EVs to do all the work.

It's still pretty recent since I returned, but I plan to go to Destard soon and melee down some dragons.

J

jaashua

Well, that's pretty much my template too. All depends on your tactics and gear as to how well you can do, but, so far, I'm having more fun than when I used to play an archer or mage as there is no cheap way out. No getting the mob stuck behind a rock and plunking at it safely. So pets or EVs to do all the work.

It's still pretty recent since I returned, but I plan to go to Destard soon and melee down some dragons.

A

Aherm10

You were right, Hildebrand.
Turns out I have been at a Ninjitsu-NPC and bought skill-points for ninjitsu. Because I did'nt have mondain's legacy the actual skill didn't show on my skill-list.
I probably bought the skill-points a couple of months ago when I was a young player and didn't know what I was doing.
So now that we know that I am an idiot, I have found out that what I am aiming for is raising my skills to this:
Swords 115
Tactics 110
Healing 100
Parrying 100
Resisting spells 100
Anatomy 100
Chivalry 60

That should leave me with 15 skillpoints. Any more advice? That doesn't need a 120-scroll that costs 5 million...

A

Aherm10

You were right, Hildebrand.
Turns out I have been at a Ninjitsu-NPC and bought skill-points for ninjitsu. Because I did'nt have mondain's legacy the actual skill didn't show on my skill-list.
I probably bought the skill-points a couple of months ago when I was a young player and didn't know what I was doing.
So now that we know that I am an idiot, I have found out that what I am aiming for is raising my skills to this:
Swords 115
Tactics 110
Healing 100
Parrying 100
Resisting spells 100
Anatomy 100
Chivalry 60

That should leave me with 15 skillpoints. Any more advice? That doesn't need a 120-scroll that costs 5 million...

I

imported_Risso

I would increase chivalry (65+ is no fail on Sacred Journey), parrying or resist (for better defence
)

A

Aherm10

Thanks for your help guys! Guess I'll be aming at improving my defense. The 120 swords scrolls are way to expensive for me...

J

jaashua

115 swords scrolls go for anywhere between 100k and 200k. That should be good enough.

G

Perhaps look into a stat scroll too, when you can. Look to bump up the dexterity a little or your Int (if you find you need more).
Then look for weapons... but that's another topic.