• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

A Kingdom Reborn

Yellow Beard

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
With the death of Ultima X in 2004 the death of it's creator OSI came soon afterwards. Mystic Entertainment took the helm and produced its first failure. That failure of course was "A Kingdom Reborn". Terribly buggy and proven to be unrepairable ME moved on to "Stygian Abyss". Except for the lack of a decent map for 2d I am really quite impressed with such a large expansion with so little problems. Hats off to Mystic Entertainment and may the good times roll.

M

Michael Wolf

I agree except one point, "Terribly buggy and proven to be unrepairable". It wasn't unrepairable, the Sygian Abyss release you are so enthusiastic about fixed all the bugs in the KR client. That's what got my interest back. I alpha tested the KR client and reported some of the game stopping bugs throughout testing. Then when I got the public beta of the SA client, I found the KR client with all most of the bugs fixed and some of the critical criticisms change to what we had asked for all along. Then the rest of the bugs were fixed in the next patch.

So now we have what we had asked for in the KR release with the major bugs fixed.

Don't get me wrong, from what little I have played with the new client and seen the new city, they have done a great job this time. Client works good now and I'm finally considering changing, new content looks promising, but they could have repaired KR, they proved that by releasing SA.

Yellow Beard

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So now we have what we had asked for in the KR release with the major bugs fixed.
Thanks Michael. This was more of a history thread showing the improvement from OSI and Mystic. I stand corrected that KR was not repairable but will still have to record it in my mind as a failure for Mystic.