• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

A keep in Malas??

Frodo Baggins

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was wandering around last night and ran into a keep in Malas. I thought you could not place a keep or castle in Malas
Did they change something?

GreywolfUK

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was wandering around last night and ran into a keep in Malas. I thought you could not place a keep or castle in Malas
Did they change something?

Not sure, I know you still cant place keeps or castle in Malas, as I would love to change my 18x18 into a keep or castle I know there is room where my house is. I do remember, some being placed and used in a competition on the launch of AoS, so might be them.

syndael

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As far as I know we only have one Castle on LS in Malas, That was a EM event. Mayebe with how buggy the house system was you could place it?? just a though or who knows maybe you can now. you can always try yourself in a open area.

EvilPixieWorks

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Considering so many shards are “dead”... why would this be restricted? On Atlantic, I have to admit... I don’t see or remember seeing any keeps or castles in the Malas lands. Some areas in Tram seam to be neighborhoods OF castles. On other shards, it's like if you want a castle, you can place a castle on your own. No need to pay out the nose like on Atlantic. Frankly, I’ll stick to custom houses. :)

Frodo Baggins

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Pacific - go out the west gates - stay to the north and go out to the "restricted" area - there she is!
Two 18 x 18 dropped around my house and I know there is room for a castle but can't place - oh well

LunaCityVendors

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
2 castles on Lake Austin in Malas as well given away as a contest to 5 lucky accounts however 3 never logged in to claim them..

Pacific - go out the west gates - stay to the north and go out to the "restricted" area - there she is!
Two 18 x 18 dropped around my house and I know there is room for a castle but can't place - oh well

Ruppy2

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'd been reading posts over the past few weeks, regarding account screw ups and things....

One person explained that EA accidently gave his account away to someone else, so in return they gave him either a keep or a castle in Malas. Not sure if it was a keep or castle, but he definitely said it was in Malas.

Ezekiel Zane

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Every shard could have had 5 castles in Malas, placed by winning a lottery basically.

Every shard had 5 accounts chosen randomly from the total active accounts at the time. If you received the email and responded you were awarded a castle out near the Grimswind Ruins. Not all of them were ever claimed or awarded.

The Castle on Pacific west of Luna is the one that was given out to the player who lost their accounts. It's currently owned by Messana.

Players have never been able to place keeps or castles in Malas.