• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Discussion] A heads Up on New Stratics policy for all forums, regarding Trades/Sales

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

Kith Kanan

gueese we need a new trade forum on a diff site ..........

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Why should you worry? I thought you were leaving...

K

Kith Kanan

Why would I be leaving ????

You think I'll stop playing because EA in there infinate stupidity bannes one of my accounts .. nahhhh

Kaj

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Why should you worry? I thought you were leaving...
Why such a personal attack?

His point (though might not be what you want to hear ;)) is clear. You could just have said something along the lines of 'Oh we feel it's better for Stratics and UO. We understand that it might be frustrating for some of you, but in the end we believe it's best!'. That would be a lot nicer :).

K

Kith Kanan

Why such a personal attack?

His point (though might not be what you want to hear ;)) is clear. You could just have said something along the lines of 'Oh we feel it's better for Stratics and UO. We understand that it might be frustrating for some of you, but in the end we believe it's best!'. That would be a lot nicer :).

I thought so too , but did not want to point it out , but thx for doing so Kaj :)

sorry bout the name thingy....

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Sorry, Kith - I had you confused with someone else. Lord knows there are a lot of the "I lost ONE account, now I'm gonna throw away 20 accounts, crawl away and hide" types over on u.hall, and trying to keep track of who was replying to who got downright impossible....

It truthfully would be better, though, if those who primarily did trade in cash set up somewhere else than Stratics. After all, not every game company has been as lenient as UO, and a number of places that deal with UO gold ALSO deal with stuff against the rules in other games, for those games.

If Stratics allowed continued RL money stuff for just UO, there would always be the chance that, say, some WoW dev might be checking on a friend over on the UO side, and see a link to some UO trading site that has a WoW (against the rules) sales section, and then get all over Stratics' keester for "allowing" the WoW stuff to be advertised.

Besides, most of the people selling rarer items and the like tend to have a grapevine of their own, and if they had their own little site somewhere, they could quietly invite others in as they grew to trust them, and there'd be less chance of "issues" - here, there's too many chances for someone untrustworthy to try to get in on a deal, just from the sheer size and more open format.

B

blust4

Sorry, Kith - I had you confused with someone else.
Wow. The universal "I thought you are somebody else" defense.

Yes. It is OK to be rude to somebody else. And look! I am Moderator! This is why I hardly read Stratics any more after 1999. This used to be a good place.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
No, on this board, I am just another poster.

And, yes, as shocking as it may seem to your god-like omnipresence, people occasionally DO get conversations mixed up (especially in the flood of "I'm leaving in protest" threads that flooded U.Hall). And there's no rule against being rude (as such - you are asked to be nice to your fellow board members). You seem to confuse rudeness with attacks.

I have a question for you, blust4... If you dislike Stratics so much, why are you here? All I've seen from posts of your I've read have been the actions of someone roleplaying a member of Repond family that comes in normal and Frost varieties.....

_zigzag_

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is going nowhere fast.

The policy is in effect, end of story.

This isn't about who stays or goes from these forums, who did or didn't get an account banned, or ANYTHING else.

Don't start this junk up again.

Status
Not open for further replies.